Next 10 years

Printable View

• 06-03-2013 08:17 PM
    ihavebeenchosenithasbegun
    It's like as if we're those members from 2003(other hair forums) all over again.:o

Kinda weird looking back at those posts from ancient, inactive members. Wonder what they would do then If I told them that in 2013 we're still clueless and ****ed.
  • 06-03-2013 10:54 PM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ihavebeenchosenithasbegun View Post
    It's like as if we're those members from 2003(other hair forums) all over again.:o

Kinda weird looking back at those posts from ancient, inactive members. Wonder what they would do then If I told them that in 2013 we're still clueless and ****ed.

We're not clueless. There is so much going on right now! Desmond was indeed right 2013 is turning out to be a great year.
  • 06-04-2013 06:02 AM
    Arashi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    We're not clueless. There is so much going on right now! Desmond was indeed right 2013 is turning out to be a great year.

Please give me a good news show then. This is what we have so far (correct me if I'm wrong)

1) Jahoda succeeded at engineering a human hair follicle and grew it on human skin
    2) Follica turned out to be alive and came up with info on a new WNT. They claim to have generated follicles but other than that no info as per usual from them

Am I missing something ?
  • 06-04-2013 08:00 AM
    FearTheLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Please give me a good news show then. This is what we have so far (correct me if I'm wrong)

1) Jahoda succeeded at engineering a human hair follicle and grew it on human skin
    2) Follica turned out to be alive and came up with info on a new WNT. They claim to have generated follicles but other than that no info as per usual from them

Am I missing something ?

Replicel got a HUGE investor
  • 06-04-2013 08:19 AM
    Arashi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Replicel got a HUGE investor

Yep, certainly good news. Anything else ?
  • 06-04-2013 08:32 AM
    FearTheLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yep, certainly good news. Anything else ?

Dr. Mousseigne, the french doctor claiming regeneration. His representative, Mathieu, is uploading another documented case of regeneration this Sunday.

Nigam is making efforts, or so it seems. (I hope he's for real, but we will see where it all goes. I love that he answers questions on the forums, but that also worries me, why does he waste so much time on the forum?)

Topical finasteride, although It's questionable, I don't think it's going to do anything for patients that can't take fin anyway, because the serum DHT was reduced by about the same as oral fin. (maybe if they reduce the amount of fin, they can find a happy medium between enough for hair, yet less sides than oral fin.)

Histogen, although everyone thinks it's a disappointment, I think it's good news. They showed to have positive growth after 2 whole years and still have time to improve it. Even if it came out the way it is now, I would still get it. You just need injections every once in awhile and there is no fin sides! to me, that would be a god send and a great bridge until HM gets here.
  • 06-04-2013 08:43 AM
    Thinning87
    Exactly. The only disappointment for now has been Aderans, who have been working for ten years and finally finished their last phase 2 trial in April. No news from them. I was reading some of their articles they linked to ten years ago... they all talked like they would launch a product within a couple years
  • 06-04-2013 08:46 AM
    FearTheLoss
    Quote:

Exactly. The only disappointment for now has been Aderans, who have been working for ten years and finally finished their last phase 2 trial in April. No news from them. I was reading some of their articles they linked to ten years ago... they all talked like they would launch a product within a couple years

I agree, I expect something from Aderans before the end of August, if we don't hear from them by then I'm writing them off.
  • 06-04-2013 09:02 AM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I agree, I expect something from Aderans before the end of August, if we don't hear from them by then I'm writing them off.

well if there's something we should have learned in these past 7 days is not to write anyone off without being sure :)
  • 06-04-2013 09:09 AM
    FearTheLoss
    Quote:

well if there's something we should have learned in these past 7 days is not to write anyone off without being sure :)

True man! that would be amazing if Aderans posted great results this summer because then they would be on to phase III and we could have their treatment available in Q4 2014....a year away from a better treatment than propecia would make my world.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth