Head trauma after 15 days

Printable View

• 04-21-2022 07:32 PM
    Bills17
    Head trauma after 15 days
    Hello friends, Help please.

On day 15 after a 1700 FUE i was hit very hard in the back of the head ( donor area) ..So hard that i needed to go to the Emergency room and had a minor concussion,but no extirior bleeding present.Most Doctor's have said at day 10 your ok.Some say day 14,some say a month. I'm worried a Hematoma may have damaged my follicles My surgeon seems to think I'll be ok,but i sure would like to here a few opinions from others.
  • 04-22-2022 12:18 AM
    MaxJohnson
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bills17 View Post
    Hello friends, Help please.

On day 15 after a 1700 FUE i was hit very hard in the back of the head ( donor area) ..So hard that i needed to go to the Emergency room and had a minor concussion,but no extirior bleeding present.Most Doctor's have said at day 10 your ok.Some say day 14,some say a month. I'm worried a Hematoma may have damaged my follicles My surgeon seems to think I'll be ok,but i sure would like to here a few opinions from others.

I think if your surgeon told you that you're going to be okay, you'll probably be okay. Take heart and good luck.
  • 04-22-2022 05:49 AM
    Bills17
    Thank you, I'm trying to remain positive.
  • 05-11-2022 03:21 PM
    RahalHairTransplant
    Bills17,

First of all, I’m glad to hear that you’re physically and medically OK. Hair transplant aside, getting hit in the head hard can be very serious so I’m glad to hear that there are no major problems.

Now, onto your hair transplant. Put it this way, your natural hair isn’t affected by the hair on your head. So the transplanted hair won’t be either. Essentially, the hair follicles are deeply rooted in the scalp and are alive and healthy. So unless you have directly hit one of the grafts During the first seven days which clearly wasn’t the case here, none of them should be impacted.

All that to say, make sure you continue to follow up with your doctor to make sure there are no hidden or ongoing problems from the hit. Your hair transplant should be fine - just make sure to take care of your health.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant
  • 09-06-2022 01:39 AM
    Dodoo
    How is everything now ?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth