• 09-09-2019 08:09 PM
    sadboy
    5 Attachment(s)
    Advice on treatment options
    Hi,
    I recently went to a hair transplant clinic to discuss my options with a doctor. They said I didn't qualify for FUE because my donor area is too thin. However, I was told to start some treatments together and there could be potential in a year or so if some hair grew back.
    These are the treatments he recommended
    Proscar 5mg (1/4 tablet daily)
    Monoxidil 12.5%
    PRP
    Low Level Laser Therapy (laser cap)
    The doctor said i have a lot of small hairs on my head that might grow back if I try these, and that the more of these I do together the better. I'm just a little skeptical because ultimately the clinic is there to make a profit, and some of these treatments (the last two specifically) are quite expensive. I was wondering if I can maybe expect some results if i try the Proscar and Monoxidil together? I was hoping I could just get some opinions on these treatments and their effectiveness. Attached are some pictures of me
  • 09-10-2019 06:47 PM
    Giggidy
    Just shave it as you're donor area would never cover the amount youve lost. Ive had 2 h.t. with similar amount of loss as you and still dont have the coverage needed.
  • 09-10-2019 06:55 PM
    austinsmithkelly
    sounds like a money pit. i think you look rather smart with your current style

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth