• 01-22-2012 07:08 AM
    sausage
    How come Wayne Rooney's hair worked straight away. His grafts did not disappear as far as I remember, if they did they grew back within weeks.

Is that unusual?
  • 01-22-2012 07:41 AM
    chrisdav
    After a hair transplant procedure, the transplanted hair begins to shed at 10 to 14 days and the hairs goes into a dormant phase.

Then at around 3-4 months, growth begins as fine hairs that begin to thicken over time.

Full result can be seen at 12-18 months.

Occasionally, the transplanted hair does not shed like Wayne Rooney by the look of it, and will carry on growing.
  • 03-05-2012 03:39 AM
    chrisdav
    3 Attachment(s)
    5 Month updates
    It is now 20 weeks from my hair transplant with Dr Feller in New York.

I had some pictures taken yesterday to show where I currently am.

I saw a forum member on another forum with their pictures arranged side by side, so I sent Spex across my pics and he rearranged them for me.

I am very happy with the current progress, as it is 5 months and still early days, with a lot more growth,maturing and thickening to come.
  • 03-08-2012 09:10 AM
    Spex
    Coming along nicely :cool:

Grow well!
    Spex
  • 03-09-2012 11:52 AM
    justeone
    nice work
    Looks like some clean work! I bet you will have a great outcome .
    take care!!
  • 03-24-2012 05:16 PM
    Gandolf
    Looks like you already have quite a bit of growth in those hairline corners, I'm sure it will be fun watching it come in more and more for the next 6-12 months.
  • 03-31-2012 09:24 PM
    m261978
    wow - you had a really good job done there.
  • 04-02-2012 08:51 PM
    rlucas
    Looks very good and good to know Dr. Feller and his staff did such a nice job. Can I ask if you are still taking propecia or something similar and how long (number of days/week) did it take for the redness, scabbing to subside?
  • 04-03-2012 02:03 AM
    chrisdav
    The redness took about 3 to 4 months from memory to completely disappear but it did fade gradually over that time.

I did use aloevera and witchhazel at different stages to reduce the redness.

Scabs were ready to come off and were coming off at day 10.

I have been on finasteride for about 5 years roughly and I will be posting some more pics in next few days as I am at the 6 month mark now(half way point).
  • 04-03-2012 08:28 AM
    m261978
    Please do post them. This is the doctor I am considering while I am still living in the NYC metro area....will be moving back to Florida soon

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth