Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjj999
    • Nov 2011

how long until side effects go away?

any long term members of this website know how long after quitting the drug the side effects normally go away? Has any previous members posted comments on this? specifically avodart

Please help
    The other website devoted to side effects is pretty depressing.
  • blakes33
    • Dec 2011

Yes - there are some who are having problems that start only AFTER stopping the medicine long-term. Seems that the first 2-3 weeks are great when DHT comes flooding back but the ensuing weeks after affect SOME men in a bad way.......

If you've been on long-term I would suggest either staying on (if you have no problems) until we find out how to safely stop the drug or taper VERY slowly over the course of several months.

Comment

• khan
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by blakes33
      Yes - there are some who are having problems that start only AFTER stopping the medicine long-term. Seems that the first 2-3 weeks are great when DHT comes flooding back but the ensuing weeks after affect SOME men in a bad way.......

If you've been on long-term I would suggest either staying on (if you have no problems) until we find out how to safely stop the drug or taper VERY slowly over the course of several months.
      Its probably never a good idea to abruptly stop a drug, that someone's been using for a long time.

Comment

• bob13
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by jjj999
        any long term members of this website know how long after quitting the drug the side effects normally go away? Has any previous members posted comments on this? specifically avodart

Please help
        The other website devoted to side effects is pretty depressing.
        Man there is no way to say how long. Its mostly mental.

Comment

• chrisis
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by bob13
          Its mostly mental.
          Care to back these statements up? How do you know?

Comment

• bob13
            • Jan 2012

Read my next post

Comment

• bob13
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
              Care to back these statements up? How do you know?
              Stay out my comments, You are biased.
              Look how mental you are.

Because I have been taking for years.

Why dont you troll somewhere else. Chris that is the last time Im saying this.
              I know what Ill just put you on ignore posts, that will fix this.

So consider yourself Ignored.

Comment

• chrisis
                • Feb 2012

In science, anecdotal evidence has been defined as:
                "information that is not based on facts or careful study"[4]
                "reports or observations of usually unscientific observers"[5]
                "casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis"[6]
                "information passed along by word-of-mouth but not documented scientifically"

Comment

• jayth
                  • Jan 2012

Well I have officially experienced these side effects first hand now. They are not all mental (but I believe that does play a part). Mine seem to be subsiding after 2 months now. I did have erection problems but no lack of libido. I still love sex just the same. However, I have delayed ejaculation/ I mean big time. My girl thinks i'm a stud but it's actually really annoying for me. I'm not a Dr but I wonder if Docs have ever Rx'd finasteride for men with that issue. It seems to kinda take the sensitivity out of the head of the penis?? Sex still feels good but less feeling. Hard to explain. Anyone else??

Comment

• bob13
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by jayth
                    Well I have officially experienced these side effects first hand now. They are not all mental (but I believe that does play a part). Mine seem to be subsiding after 2 months now. I did have erection problems but no lack of libido. I still love sex just the same. However, I have delayed ejaculation/ I mean big time. My girl thinks i'm a stud but it's actually really annoying for me. I'm not a Dr but I wonder if Docs have ever Rx'd finasteride for men with that issue. It seems to kinda take the sensitivity out of the head of the penis?? Sex still feels good but less feeling. Hard to explain. Anyone else??
                    propecia is not coke.

Comment

• jayth
                      • Jan 2012

Jesus Christ, really Bob. This whole time I thought Propecia was the same thing as coke......it never ends lol

Comment

• chrisis
                        • Feb 2012

ignore bob, I think he's a bit detached from sanity.

Comment

• fab
                          • Mar 2012

People have different experiences on this drug, so it's not easy to tell. I think everyone's opinion are valid but you have to deal with your own experience and see it for yourself. What happened to some might not be the same to you and vice-versa.

Brain played a hole on all this, in my case.

Comment

• blakes33
                            • Dec 2011

Stay out my comments, You are biased.
                            Look how mental you are.

Why dont you troll somewhere else. Chris that is the last time Im saying this.
                            I know what Ill just put you on ignore posts, that will fix this.

So consider yourself Ignored.
                            Bob is 65 years old and not interested in sex anymore (for SOME reason). So, he constantly trolls this board trying to find men to make fun of. He said to me "Im old couldn't care less about sex.I've had plenty"

He gets his jollies off by trying to incite anger and making mean-spirited comments

Comment

• fab
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by blakes33
                              Bob is 65 years old and not interested in sex anymore (for SOME reason). So, he constantly trolls this board trying to find men to make fun of. He said to me "Im old couldn't care less about sex.I've had plenty"

He gets his jollies off by trying to incite anger and making mean-spirited comments
                              That's sad. 65 years old is not that old. I feel sorry for him

Comment

Working...