Replicel

Printable View

• 02-24-2013 01:37 AM
    67mph
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    Well even I admit there is alot of hair growth in that picture on the right. Almost as much as in the "before" picture. And I hear they are getting ready to publish more results, once they actually find the area, where the reported 19,2 % grew.

I mean, it's not like these people have been entirely without success. In one controlled evaluation, regrowth was noted especially from guys in the placebo group. The next trial will concentrate on upping the placebo dosage, or so I hear...

Remember folks, these are only results from phase 1, which they are running to look for possible side effects, such as hair growth!

Recent paparazzi footage may be suggesting that the young prince William has been one of the first actual clients of Replicel. Indeed, the thinness of his mane suggest he has ditched Toppik in favor of Replicel. And so, Replicel remain convinced that their treatment will be more effective than those of their competitors; so, apparently they are testing it for something besides hair.

Upping the placebo? Do you know what a placebo is?
    ...and where you getting you Prince info?!

C'mon Replicel, c'mon!!
  • 02-24-2013 05:11 AM
    Desmond84
    Replicel definitely has the potential to work and give us 20% regrowth, but now that they've fallen behind even more, this pushes their release date even further; somewhere around Q3 2018- Q1 2019...

I can't stop thinking wether that's too late for most of us! I think we should really focus on Aderans for the next few months, since if they really do go into Phase 3 we may REALLY have this available by the end of 2015! :)
  • 02-27-2013 01:15 PM
    Thinning87
    So wasn't there an upcoming update on the 25th or something like that? What happened?
  • 02-27-2013 03:56 PM
    The Alchemist
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    So wasn't there an upcoming update on the 25th or something like that? What happened?

Yeah, they were attempting to convince some biotech investors that their results were really much better than they appeared. It was at some biopartnering conference. Hopefully they didn't get laughed out of the room.
  • 02-27-2013 04:10 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Yeah, they were attempting to convince some biotech investors that their results were really much better than they appeared. It was at some biopartnering conference. Hopefully they didn't get laughed out of the room.

Guaranteed they showed the investors data that wasnt shown to us.
  • 02-27-2013 08:24 PM
    The Alchemist
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Guaranteed they showed the investors data that wasnt shown to us.

I hope so - because if they don't have something good, and with aderans only working marginally well for 4 out of 10 guys, we're running out of options in a hurry.

I think Histogen might be the only realistic shot we have at a good treatment in the near future. But, they've still have to report out on their trial before we know anything about what it can do.
  • 03-04-2013 04:31 AM
    UK Boy
    No women
    Replicel seem to have dropped women from their trials, phase II shows that they're only planning to recruite male test subjects. Wonder why they dropped women? Thought these type of treatments usually worked better on them lol.
  • 03-05-2013 08:25 AM
    MackJames
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    Replicel seem to have dropped women from their trials, phase II shows that they're only planning to recruite male test subjects. Wonder why they dropped women? Thought these type of treatments usually worked better on them lol.

I wonder if they were the poorest responders.
  • 03-05-2013 08:28 AM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    I wonder if they were the poorest responders.

If women were suffering from baldness in the same numbers as men, we would have had a cure 50 years ago.

Society doesnt give a shit about mens health.
  • 03-05-2013 11:33 AM
    MackJames
    Quote:

If women were suffering from baldness in the same numbers as men, we would have had a cure 50 years ago.

Society doesnt give a shit about mens health.

Maybe. I'm just curious about the reason behind removing women from the next trial. There has to be a rationale for it. The only thing I can think of is women aren't responding as well and sinking the overall results.
  • 03-05-2013 11:39 AM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Maybe. I'm just curious about the reason behind removing women from the next trial. There has to be a rationale for it. The only thing I can think of is women aren't responding as well and sinking the overall results.

Personally, this is how I feel in regards to removing women the trials:

- GOOD. Focus on men for once.
    - Potentially bad since it could mean a poor product... or perhaps it was just not working for women.
  • 03-05-2013 11:45 AM
    MackJames
    Quote:

Personally, this is how I feel in regards to removing women the trials:

- GOOD. Focus on men for once.
    - Potentially bad since it could mean a poor product... or perhaps it was just not working for women.

It's not the most polite thing to say but I feel the same way. Women do suffer but his is predominately a male affliction.
  • 03-05-2013 11:48 AM
    hellouser
    Quote:

It's not the most polite thing to say but I feel the same way. Women do suffer but his is predominately a male affliction.

Honestly, Bill Burr nailed it;

Quote:

I got to tell you this, because I’m envious of women, okay? I’m not saying your problems get solved but at least they are taken seriously, you know. I think we 1800 numbers, you got ribbons, there’s groups; people give a shit. Anything happens to a guy, it’s just considered funny. Some woman cut her husband’s dick off, threw in the garbage disposal and turned it on. People thought it was hilarious, I mean, hey, hey, stumpy, nobody cares.

Do you think if a guy removed a woman’s titty and threw it in the drier anybody will be joking about it the next day? The entire country would grind to a halt; it’d be a moment of silence; the NFL would have some special colored headband everybody had to wear for an entire month. The most a-feminine color they could possibly come up with.
  • 03-05-2013 06:12 PM
    yagazooci
    Phase II men only query answered...
    Quote:

Replicel wrote a response on their official site... something about men being easier to recruit, hence a faster process and a quicker foray into phase III approval. They also said women will not be precluded from phase III. Interesting... I am sort of paraphrasing here though. I detect a hint of confidence in all that as well. We'll see how they do in the coming months.
  • 03-05-2013 06:20 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yagazooci View Post
    Replicel wrote a response on their official site... something about men being easier to recruit, hence a faster process and a quicker foray into phase III approval. They also said women will not be precluded from phase III. Interesting... I am sort of paraphrasing here though. I detect a hint of confidence in all that as well. We'll see how they do in the coming months.

Sounds reasonable as well as much larger target audience. They're also behind Aderans and Histogen so they really need to pick up the pace if they want to have any kind of market share. I'll give them the benefit of doubt, lets hope for the best.
  • 03-05-2013 08:14 PM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yagazooci View Post

where? I don't see it
  • 03-05-2013 08:18 PM
    KJ1982
    Quote:

where? I don't see it

It's under "Hair Loss", "Hair Loss FAQ's" and is near the bottom of the page... :)
  • 03-05-2013 08:24 PM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ1982 View Post
    It's under "Hair Loss", "Hair Loss FAQ's" and is near the bottom of the page... :)

Thank you!

Well, activity is better than no activity, so I can say I am kind of satisfied. We'll see what their results from Phase 2 yield.
  • 03-05-2013 08:27 PM
    KJ1982
    No problem, Thinning87!

Hopefully Replicel will provide us with some interesting and exciting results. I understand that there are some here on the forums that aren't all too hopeful so far as Replicel are concerned. However, whilst my knowledge about their current progress is (admittedly) wanting, so far as I can tell the science sounds promising... :)
  • 03-05-2013 08:35 PM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

No problem, Thinning87!

Hopefully Replicel will provide us with some interesting and exciting results. I understand that there are some here on the forums that aren't all too hopeful so far as Replicel are concerned. However, whilst my knowledge about their current progress is (admittedly) wanting, so far as I can tell the science sounds promising... :)

Ah well, we got a couple years ahead of us in which we hopefully will hear some developments. I don't really believe any of the timelines out there (especially Replicel being available in 2015... yeah right!) but if we have at least a bit of luck, at least one of the the new treatments will be confirmed for realease at some point in the future, and combined with a good HT it'd be a great advancement.
  • 03-06-2013 06:36 AM
    KJ1982
    Quote:

Ah well, we got a couple years ahead of us in which we hopefully will hear some developments. I don't really believe any of the timelines out there (especially Replicel being available in 2015... yeah right!) but if we have at least a bit of luck, at least one of the the new treatments will be confirmed for realease at some point in the future, and combined with a good HT it'd be a great advancement.

Well, whatever the case may be with regards to (expected) release of any potential future treatment, for better or worse none of them are too far away from us now.

If Replicel produces good results in regrowing hair and it does prove to be only a couple of years away then it would be a huge weight off my mind knowing that, no matter what happens, I can regain what I have lost. :)

KJ.
  • 03-06-2013 07:22 AM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Well, whatever the case may be with regards to (expected) release of any potential future treatment, for better or worse none of them are too far away from us now.

If Replicel produces good results in regrowing hair and it does prove to be only a couple of years away then it would be a huge weight off my mind knowing that, no matter what happens, I can regain what I have lost. :)

KJ.

Thats a big assumption though because none of us really know what kind of results to expect from Replicel. Of course, I'm only playing devils advocate but only because their Phase I safety trials proved to be very disappointing. However, Phase II results will give us a much better picture. Lets hope they get some serious results :)
  • 03-06-2013 07:26 AM
    yagazooci
    Quote:

where? I don't see it

Mybad. It was on the Replicel Facebook site that I got that piece about "why only men this time". Sorry. They all look similar I guess. Anyway it seems to be posted there in another area of the site too. Thanks
  • 03-06-2013 03:04 PM
    KJ1982
    Quote:

Thats a big assumption though because none of us really know what kind of results to expect from Replicel. Of course, I'm only playing devils advocate but only because their Phase I safety trials proved to be very disappointing. However, Phase II results will give us a much better picture. Lets hope they get some serious results :)

Oh, of course; it's a huge assumption on my part.

However, at the risk of stating the obvious it has to be said that to form a conclusion based around Phase I trial data is rather premature; Phase I trials are only intended to establish whether or not a treatment is safe. As you said, Phase II results shall give us a much clearer understanding as to the potential efficacy of this new treatment.

Besides, even if it's established that this proposed treatment doesn't hold the key to reversing hair loss we will still have valuable data that could prove essential to finding the actual solution further on down the line.

As Thomas Edison once said, "I have not failed. I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work."

I understand that those words will provide little comfort to some, though every step we take, whatever the result, is a step in the right direction and brings us closer to solving this problem once and for all. :)
  • 03-06-2013 03:19 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Oh, of course; it's a huge assumption on my part.

However, at the risk of stating the obvious it has to be said that to form a conclusion based around Phase I trial data is rather premature; Phase I trials are only intended to establish whether or not a treatment is safe. As you said, Phase II results shall give us a much clearer understanding as to the potential efficacy of this new treatment.

Besides, even if it's established that this proposed treatment doesn't hold the key to reversing hair loss we will still have valuable data that could prove essential to finding the actual solution further on down the line.

As Thomas Edison once said, "I have not failed. I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work."

I understand that those words will provide little comfort to some, though every step we take, whatever the result, is a step in the right direction and brings us closer to solving this problem once and for all. :)

I honestly see no point in going through with efforts from Aderans, Histogen or Replicel... or all combined when we know Dr. Roland Lauster has cultured follicles WITH hair in a petri dish. All the others are now rendered useless by Dr. Lauster's holy grail so why are there still efforts being made with the other guys when we know we've got a legitimate solution?

Now I know the other guys want money at this point, but in an ideal world all efforts would be made towards Dr. Lausters work and get it out the door.
  • 03-06-2013 03:29 PM
    KJ1982
    Quote:

I honestly see no point in going through with efforts from Aderans, Histogen or Replicel... or all combined when we know Dr. Roland Lauster has cultured follicles WITH hair in a petri dish. All the others are now rendered useless by Dr. Lauster's holy grail so why are there still efforts being made with the other guys when we know we've got a legitimate solution?

Now I know the other guys want money at this point, but in an ideal world all efforts would be made towards Dr. Lausters work and get it out the door.

Oh, I agree totally; Dr. Lauster has done what others have not and, so far as we can see, has the solution.

However, as you said, people are out to make money; this is, after all, a business. Perhaps those companies that we know of are seeking to get their products out before Dr. Lauster brings his method to market? Perhaps they consider their treatment(s) as a temporary solution until a more permanent treatment is available? Or perhaps they have already anticipated the availability of a procedure such as Dr. Lauster's becoming commercially available and are aiming at a totally different market...?

Whatever the case, short of asking those behind the treatments directly why they're dedicating such vast resources and sums of money to what seems to be, at this moment in time, a "pointless" (and I use the term loosely) pursuit we shall never know.

I'm just glad that there are numerous treatments in development, whatever the outcome. :)
  • 03-06-2013 03:30 PM
    garethbale
    Quote:

Why doesn't someone contact Dr Lauster to ask what he's currently up to. I found his email online (this is publicly available) Roland.Lauster@TU-Berlin.de

I'm not sure if he speaks English though
  • 03-06-2013 04:24 PM
    KJ1982
    Quote:

Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Why doesn't someone contact Dr Lauster to ask what he's currently up to. I found his email online (this is publicly available) Roland.Lauster@TU-Berlin.de

I'm not sure if he speaks English though

I may be mistaken, garethbale, but I'm sure that I've read that people have tried contacting Dr. Lauster and that he has not replied.

Why that may be remains a mystery but I suspect that it may have something to do with the fact that the Berlin Technical University is involved with his research; perhaps he is not allowed to reply, instead having the university deal with enquiries via their press/media department?
  • 03-06-2013 04:38 PM
    garethbale
    Quote:

I may be mistaken, garethbale, but I'm sure that I've read that people have tried contacting Dr. Lauster and that he has not replied.

Why that may be remains a mystery but I suspect that it may have something to do with the fact that the Berlin Technical University is involved with his research; perhaps he is not allowed to reply, instead having the university deal with enquiries via their press/media department?

I doubt he would respond separately to individuals, it would probably be done offficially through the university, as you say. Whatever the reason, his lack of response doesn't surprise me.

Wasn't the hair grown a mouse hair though? I read that they had accomplished creation of a mouse's follicle and that they were going to start on human follicles (the article was dated Dec 2010).
  • 03-06-2013 04:54 PM
    KJ1982
    Quote:

Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Wasn't the hair grown a mouse hair though? I read that they had accomplished creation of a mouse's follicle and that they were going to start on human follicles (the article was dated Dec 2010).

So far as I can remember (meaning I may be wrong), to the best of my knowledge that was indeed the case, yes.

It's a shame that no more has been heard about the matter, but I'm very much hoping that research is continuing for hair restoration applications; the research also has potential uses regarding pharmaceutical testing, etc.
  • 03-06-2013 05:38 PM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

There is no legitimate solution until we can walk in, pay money and have a procedure done to restore hair. If there was a legitimate solution here and now then he other companies might close shop.

Not trying to argue, just saying, there is a huge leap between a working experiment and a treatment we can actually use....
  • 04-30-2013 04:50 PM
    UK_
  • 04-30-2013 05:34 PM
    Pentarou
    Is that good?
  • 04-30-2013 05:47 PM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    Is that good?

It's very good, just like it's great that Histogen is moving well down their strategic roadmap with other applications.

It means the product is working and the company has higher odds of raising more funds to launch the hair loss products.

Everyone's so hard on Replicel but they are here and working on their phase 2 so I don't understand why everyone is so upset.

Call me overoptimistic but with all these different research efforts undergoing around the world we will definitely have something very cosmetically satisfying in the medium run (maybe not the ultimate solution but a very good mix of them).

I say work hard and save money because when the day comes we'd better have 20K on us...
  • 04-30-2013 05:55 PM
    mmmcoffee
    20k?? I might as well get a body hair transplant for that price and never worry again...I am a hairy bastard, so I have plenty of body donor hair haha
  • 04-30-2013 06:52 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    Is that good?

For the company it couldnt be better, new areas of development and signs of expansion and growth are indications of a strong company.
  • 04-30-2013 06:52 PM
    UK_
    Its also great to finally have an exciting update from them!
  • 04-30-2013 07:13 PM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    20k?? I might as well get a body hair transplant for that price and never worry again...I am a hairy bastard, so I have plenty of body donor hair haha

no joke it's time to earn some money and save - the worst thing that could happen is having finally a cure and not being able to afford it
  • 05-06-2013 02:21 PM
    67mph
    Quote:

no joke it's time to earn some money and save - the worst thing that could happen is having finally a cure and not being able to afford it

Exactly!

Alot of guys are waiting for 'the' cure but how many of us could really afford it, if the cure (from whomever it may be) came out tomorrow?

Cure's don't come cheap!
  • 05-06-2013 02:34 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 67mph View Post
    Exactly!

Alot of guys are waiting for 'the' cure but how many of us could really afford it, if the cure (from whomever it may be) came out tomorrow?

Cure's don't come cheap!

Neither do women.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth