Doc advice

Printable View

• 07-19-2009 10:14 AM
    morelocks
    Doc advice
    I am looking to have some FUE work done this year because i have some diffuse thinning. I have sent some photos/videos to docs around the world. Most have said they only recommend doing between 600-1,000 grafts. Dr Umar suggested 2-2,500 grafts which i personally would never risk unless i have had previous work with the doctor. One name which keeps cropping up on the forums is Feller. I cannot read anything bad about him. My question is does anyone out there find it strange that after being a one man band (i mean he is the only person who does the procedures in his practice) why he still has so much time to post on nearly all of the (not just one) forums daily. Surely if he was that good he would be busy doing surgeries everyday than on the net. Also if he is so good, why do they target business from the Uk so much?

Are there any articles on the net or on this forum as to who would be the best FUE doc for a diffused thinner anywhere in the world?

thanks
  • 07-19-2009 11:08 AM
    Winston
    I think the main FUE guys are still Dr. Cole and Dr. Woods. I have read that Dr. Wolf does a lot also and has a proven record of good results. Dr. Shapiro is also doing FUE.

I know what you mean about Dr. Feller, but I don't think his personality should make you think less of his ability as a hair transplant surgeon. I’ve seen some happy patients posted and he does FUE. It is weird to see a doctor arguing and fighting with strangers on public forums though, it looks childish and seems strange for an adult, but I guess no one is perfect.. I assume he targets UK people because they need hair too and I guess there is no such thing as too much business.:)
  • 07-19-2009 11:55 AM
    morelocks
    thanks Winston. Have you ever had any FUE done? I am thinking woods at the moment, I would turn it into a break and see a bit of australia also. Woods seems to have consistent results but not necesseraly the best. what do you make of these results and the comments below it?

Is it a case where he has been true with his lighting etc and other companies are a bit more clever in the way they take there pics or is this just a poor result?
  • 07-25-2009 11:22 AM
    Winston
    That result does not look good to me. I'm not sure why he would put that on the internet.:) Dr. Woods is the most experienced but maybe other doctors have perfected FUE.
  • 08-11-2009 07:01 AM
    confused.com
    is this a BHT? the results look like it.
  • 08-12-2009 07:49 AM
    Mr. 4000
    Quote:

Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
    I am looking to have some FUE work done this year because i have some diffuse thinning. I have sent some photos/videos to docs around the world. Most have said they only recommend doing between 600-1,000 grafts. Dr Umar suggested 2-2,500 grafts which i personally would never risk unless i have had previous work with the doctor. One name which keeps cropping up on the forums is Feller. I cannot read anything bad about him. My question is does anyone out there find it strange that after being a one man band (i mean he is the only person who does the procedures in his practice) why he still has so much time to post on nearly all of the (not just one) forums daily. Surely if he was that good he would be busy doing surgeries everyday than on the net. Also if he is so good, why do they target business from the Uk so much?

Are there any articles on the net or on this forum as to who would be the best FUE doc for a diffused thinner anywhere in the world?

thanks

I think it is great that he is dedicated to the fact that he makes his opinion public. Here is a guy that can just a easily be sitting back counting his money and not care to give his input. That input can and could help many people, inform many people. and does. Accurate, agree or not, you are getting a professional opinion.

Maybe in the Uk there is a high rate of males hair loss, or a lack of skilled surgeons. I'm going to stick to using supply and demand curves on this one.
  • 08-12-2009 08:19 AM
    confused.com
    I thought it was only Dr woods who was a one man band and that the other doctors used technicians? I guess my user name is appropriate considering I get basic things like this wrong :-)

Its great to see doctors posting on these forums cos it means you get a chance to ask them questions directly instead of emailing them and getting replies from their office staff.

Is diffused thinning a more complicated problem to fix than having to fill in and shape a hairline? I am receding so I guess my temples are my main concern but it would be good to understand a bit more about what makes a good doctor and if different areas of the head can mean different type of skills are required.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM