Astressin B Test Update

Printable View

• 06-22-2011 11:22 AM
    PaulC
    Astressin B Test Update
    This one is being discussed elsewhere.....

http://www.hairloss-research.com/hai...h/astressin-b/
  • 06-22-2011 12:06 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    I ain't impressed in the slightest until they start testing on humans. You have so many scientists who make a living testing on mice but never do a damn thing to benefit humans. At least it looks like they're trying to develop this drug for humans though.
  • 06-22-2011 02:52 PM
    BoSox
    This means nothing to us who deal with MPB. Genetic disorder. This is only for stress, am I right?
  • 06-22-2011 04:38 PM
    Mojo Risin
    Maxime June 22, 2011 at 7:39 am

You guys are honestly wasting your time. Mouse hair phases are not even the same as humans … and this would only treat hairloss due to massive amount of stress (which can be naturally cured by the way).

This simply can’t cure GENETIC MALE/FEMALE PATTERN BALDNESS.
    FDA approval would take 5 to 10 years to complete … so people, don’t put too much faith into this. It’s just one of the THOUSAND of ”potential cures” researchers have been promising us over the years and it’s gonna fail like the rest.

admin June 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Maxime, thank you for your comment, but obviously I cannot agree with you.

The fact that our subject’s hair phases are not an exact replication of the Human’s hair growth cycle has absolutely nothing to do with the potential efficiency of the compound we are researching as a future treatment.

Secondly, and as previously stated, contrary to the studies that have already been conducted our subjects have not been tampered with, and have not been subjected to any kind of external factor that could have induced stress. Furthermore some of these mice have been born with Alopecia, which might provide an indication that the compound is also effective in treating genetic conditions that lead to hairloss.

Finally, without any disrespect, your line of thought will not lead to anything positive or productive, if you strongly believe this condition is incurable, this blog isn’t for you.

That's an answer.

• 06-22-2011 05:58 PM
    UK_
    They've just discoeverd it - lol even if they had just discovered it in 1997 we would still be in trial stages.
  • 06-23-2011 10:34 PM
    Thinning@30
    I'm so sick of hearing about mice trials. Yes, we know astressin-b regrows hair on mice. How soon could this be tested on humans or at least macaques?

I'd even offer myself as a test subject. How dangerous can this stuff be? It's not like any of the mice died. If I could get my hands on some of this stuff I'd try it, but I have no idea how to store it or inject or what dosage to use.
  • 06-23-2011 11:16 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Amen to that, Thinning@30. If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, then we might actually have a cure by now. Instead though, they only test them on mice and we're left with horseshit like 'all natural' shampoos.
  • 06-23-2011 11:55 PM
    Mojo Risin
    I know someone who sell this stuff and it cost 1300$ for 5 mg.
    At that price, I doubt you still want some.
  • 06-24-2011 09:37 AM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, then we might actually have a cure by now.

If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, most of them would be out of jobs (or in prison).
  • 06-24-2011 06:19 PM
    Thinning@30
    Quote:

I know someone who sell this stuff and it cost 1300$ for 5 mg.
    At that price, I doubt you still want some.
    At this point, I'm crazy and desperate enough that $1300 doesn't seem so bad. Nonetheless, I don't have a scientific or medical background, so even if I could get my hands on this stuff, I wouldn't know how to handle it, or what exactly to do with it.
  • 06-24-2011 11:56 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Out of jobs or in prison? That's totally ridiculous. There's no reason why more than 4 companies can't at least try to progress forward beyond testing on mice.
  • 06-25-2011 12:27 AM
    VictimOfDHT
    Well, like I said before, those so-called scientists make a living out of torturing mice and subjecting them to all kinds of useless experiments. Basically they have no aim or goals beyond that, nor do they have any intentions of trying their useless "discoveries" on humans, EVER. I've been reading about similar "discoveries" that reverse hair loss in mice for over 25 years. But we never see anything in real life. Had those sons of bitches really worked on a cure or treatment for hair loss -for humans- baldness would've been a thing of the past by now.
  • 06-25-2011 01:25 AM
    Jcm800
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I'm so sick of hearing about mice trials. Yes, we know astressin-b regrows hair on mice. How soon could this be tested on humans or at least macaques?

I'd even offer myself as a test subject. How dangerous can this stuff be? It's not like any of the mice died. If I could get my hands on some of this stuff I'd try it, but I have no idea how to store it or inject or what dosage to use.

Testing in mice? How about they test on humans - the murderers,paedophiles and other pieces of shit doing life in prison?
  • 06-26-2011 07:00 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    I know, it really frustrates the hell outta me. I mean, I could understand if some of these potential hair growth chemicals were tested on humans and even if they failed, at least we'd know that the scientists are at least TRYING to come up with a cure. Yet we've seen so many chemicals that could cause potential hair growth in humans yet none of them are even TRIED on humans. And I'm sure that if anyone offered humans trials using such potential hair regrowth chemicals as WNT, Noggin, TB-4, BMP's, Beta Catenin, Ephrin A3, N-WASP, laminin 511, CD34 and CD200 proteins, and hedgehog agonists, sooooo many people would just jump at the chance to try these. As I've said before and I'll say it again: you know something is wrong when sooo many supposed hair regrowth 'discoveries' are publicized yet all we have today are extremely mediocre options like Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants.
  • 06-26-2011 08:06 PM
    HairTalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Testing in mice? How about they test on humans - the murderers,paedophiles and other pieces of shit doing life in prison?

Hail Hitler, huh? How ****ing despicable, if you're even close to being serious.
  • 06-26-2011 08:36 PM
    Mojo Risin
    What's funny is that since ''Maxime'' started to post comments on their blog about how their product might end up being a failure and just another BS product ... you can't post comments anymore.

What a bunch of tools, can't even handle criticism.
  • 06-30-2011 04:47 PM
    KeepHoping
    is 5mg of astressin-b enough?
  • 06-30-2011 07:28 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post

I think a better solution would be to increase remuneration for people involved in higher risk trials.
  • 06-30-2011 08:19 PM
    Flowers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    Hail Hitler, huh? How ****ing despicable, if you're even close to being serious.

Well if you knew someone who got raped/murdered I doubt you'd be upset if scientists tested a hair loss solution on that person. My main concern would be that the person doesn't deserve the hair if the treatment worked! Haha
  • 06-30-2011 08:30 PM
    HairTalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Well if you knew someone who got raped/murdered I doubt you'd be upset if scientists tested a hair loss solution on that person. My main concern would be that the person doesn't deserve the hair if the treatment worked! Haha

If you ended up convicted of a crime you didn't commit, and a line of cold, fervid white-coats set to conduct various medical experiments on you against your will, your main concern might somewhat shift.
  • 07-03-2011 06:47 AM
    johnnyboots
    some french guy in beverly hills {dienett institute}is selling capsules that claim to block astressin b.lol he want's over 1000 bucks for a 6 month supply.hahaha!
  • 07-06-2011 10:03 AM
    PaulC
    Astressin-B Trial Status
    This compound is still being clinically researched on mice with publication of a 'final report' due in about 2 months. The researchers also do a good Q&A which is worth reading. They sound very positive....

http://www.hairloss-research.com/ast...-trial-status/
  • 07-07-2011 01:24 AM
    VictimOfDHT
    Seen this one already. Their subject/s are always mice.Chances are this will be another one added to the 10's of other "successful" treatments that regrow hair IN MICE but never humans. No matter how successful this treatment will be in mice, it will never be tried on humans. We know how it goes.
  • 08-18-2011 06:57 PM
    Thinning@30
    I've been following the blog linked to by PaulC. Based on the recent posts, I think astressin-B is starting look even more promising as a potential hair loss treatment. And it appears that human trials are in the works!

Even if nothing comes of this, I think the researchers have put together a great blog, and I appreciate their openness and willingness to engage the hair loss community.
  • 09-15-2011 12:43 PM
    PaulC
    Astressin-B ongoing
    Let's not forget this on. For recent updates.

http://www.hairloss-research.com/ast...0%93-parcel-b/
  • 09-20-2011 07:43 AM
    gettothetruth
    Topical with Astressin-B
    Just saw press release and their web site that ds labs is coming out with spectral.F7 that contains Astressin-B.
  • 09-20-2011 11:31 PM
    PaulC
    Astressin-B - Shipping October?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gettothetruth View Post
    Just saw press release and their web site that ds labs is coming out with spectral.F7 that contains Astressin-B.

gettothetruth - great find...

media comment

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...130186123.html

Company site

http://dslaboratories.com/home.php
  • 09-21-2011 03:35 AM
    krewel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gettothetruth View Post

Based on what? As far as I know this whole Astressin-B Hairloss thing is still unexplored. They just saw the effect on a mice?! By the way, there is this site, I think it was called hairsite or something. A guy gave himself an Astressin-B shot, I'm not kidding. Some people are insane. I'm going to try to find that post again..

EDIT: I found the link of that post, am I allowed to post the link here??
  • 09-21-2011 08:35 AM
    clandestine
    Yes, yes. Post it please :)
  • 09-21-2011 08:54 AM
    krewel
    http://www.*************/hair-loss/bo...casc-DESC.html

This guy is insane, that's all I can say.
  • 09-21-2011 06:26 PM
    Thinning@30
    Although I think Astressin b shows a lot of promise. I think we all should be very skeptical of any recently released products that claim to treat hair loss with it. To date, Astressin b has not gone through rigorous FDA trials designed to establish its safety and efficacy. For any such product, we should apply our usual skepticism: where are the high quality before and after photos? Where are the testimonials? Where are the independent reviews of the product from long time users?

Also remember that in the study the mice received subcutaneous injections not topical applications. It is not clear if topical applications even worked in a mouse model. We also don't know anything about what appropriate doses or delivery mechanisms for humans might be.

Don't get me wrong, I think Astressin b is very promising as a future hair loss treatment, but I am concerned about unscrupulous companies trying to sell untested products (that might not even contain astressin b). Not only could people get ripped off, but I wouldn't want people to give up on a promising line of research due to bad experiences with dishonest companies selling dubious products, that for all we know are based on flawed doses and delivery mechanisms.
  • 09-23-2011 04:54 AM
    Cory
    People at hairloss research are not gonna conduct trials on humans, so what's the point on trials anyway, still if this could work on humans, it would be years and years before this could hit the market and someone company is already offering topical.
  • 09-23-2011 05:40 AM
    BoSox
    **** arsetressin bee

Its all about GHO and Replicel.:D
  • 09-23-2011 07:12 AM
    NeedHairASAP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    People at hairloss research are not gonna conduct trials on humans, so what's the point on trials anyway, still if this could work on humans, it would be years and years before this could hit the market and someone company is already offering topical.

we could see it in maybe 3 or 4 years

also if it works they will make it in korea or something well before FDA gets to phase II
  • 09-26-2011 04:20 PM
    thechamp
    Spectral Dnc formula 7
    What about spectral Dnc formula 7 looks interesting and will it be safe
  • 09-27-2011 05:18 AM
    PaulC
    Topical Astressin-b
    This is supposed to be available in the coming weeks.
    I have not heard any reports that it is unsafe and apparently there is no shedding. Has anybody any plans to give it a go?

http://dslaboratories.com/home.php
  • 09-27-2011 06:17 AM
    Jcm800
    Once bitten twice shy. I'll wait for some of you lot to try it before I do ;)
  • 09-27-2011 06:41 AM
    BoSox
    I thought this stuff is only if hairloss is due to stress?
  • 10-05-2011 04:32 PM
    bmartin1134
    I have been doing a sort of home made remedy. Its a mixture of DMSO, allantoin and phosphatidylserine. phosphatidylserine is supposed to act as a CRF blocker similar to astressin-b. You can check out my progress at http://homehairgrow.blogspot.com/
  • 10-05-2011 11:08 PM
    krewel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bmartin1134 View Post
    I have been doing a sort of home made remedy. Its a mixture of DMSO, allantoin and phosphatidylserine. phosphatidylserine is supposed to act as a CRF blocker similar to astressin-b. You can check out my progress at http://homehairgrow.blogspot.com/

Sorry, but are you insane? You can't just test some compounds on yourself, even if it's just topical. I think I don't need to explain why, no matter how depressed you are. There are even guys who are injecting themselves with Astressin B. That is totally over the hill, not from this world..

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:47 AM
Hair Loss - Who Do You Talk To? - The Bald Truth For May 10th, 2024
05-10-2024 01:28 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
05-10-2024 01:28 PM
How do project management consulting firms manage?
10-12-2023 06:15 AM
Last Post By annastark
05-09-2024 09:19 PM
How we do hairline femininization with interview Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM