• 05-13-2012 04:18 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    You can't say the side effects are on a par with aspirin and Clarityn when the Propecia studies are flawed, as I've pointed out again and again.

no you ****ing didn't omfgg do you have amnesia? Your "different hormone profiles" theory was a bs.... you hormones were either ****ed up from the beginning(pre-existing condition) or you're just one of those few who DO get side effects.
    It's been TWENTY YEARS! Study after study CONFIRMS their original study results. WHY CAN'T YOU GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!! It's not us - IT'S YOU!!!
  • 05-13-2012 04:25 PM
    chrisis
    Wow someone's getting worked up...

I have yet to see a study that proves Propecia is safe for men with receded hairlines only or a study that fairly represents such men.

Men with more advanced balding patterns will react differently to drugs designed to inhibit the hormones that caused the balding. It's very basic logic.
  • 05-13-2012 04:34 PM
    Quote:

Wow someone's getting worked up...

I have yet to see a study that proves Propecia is safe for men with receded hairlines only or a study that fairly represents such men.

do I need to dig up those studies again?? Even on the official study, THEY HAD A SURVEY where they asked the subjects if they had an improvement on their hairline.
    OBVIOUSLY those people had hairline loss as well, it's just that the study focused more on the crown because they knew that that's where propecia would be most effective....

Quote:

Men with more advanced balding patterns will react differently to drugs designed to inhibit the hormones that caused the balding. It's very basic logic.

right, so ALL OF THOSE STUDIES just happened to pick up super humans with super hormone profiles and that's how they were able to conduct studies with minimal side effects.... you're not special. Balding pattern is genetic. DHT is not even the cause of hairloss ffs you fool
  • 05-13-2012 04:56 PM
    chrisis
    Wow I feel like I'm arguing with a wall.

Your lack of ability to comprehend my point just stumps me. This is why I eventually ignore you.
  • 05-13-2012 04:59 PM
    Quote:

Wow I feel like I'm arguing with a wall.

Your lack of ability to comprehend my point just stumps me. This is why I eventually ignore you.

what?

Quote:

^ This is false.

Care to try for another theory?
  • 05-13-2012 05:36 PM
    Aston
    There are many theories which could validate the condition called "Post Finasteride Syndrome" and we can't logically exclude the possibility that certain pockets of population outside of the control groups in studies are vulnerable to it for one reason or another.

The many men who have placed their hopes on the effectiveness of finasteride (such as myself) will clearly always fight theirs fears and whoever fuels them, but whatever the truth is, many men feel finasteride has caused permanent damage to their health. All we can do is look together into the mechanics of such claims and compare data, for everyone's sake. Unfortunately medical science is still far from perfection, as are pharmaceuticals. Whether you like it or not, the ultimate "clinical trial" is the consumer market.

Arguing with partial knowledge for the sake of personal fears or unproven theories is futile and will only sour healthy discussion.
  • 05-13-2012 05:41 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    There are many theories which could validate the condition called "Post Finasteride Syndrome" and we can't logically exclude the possibility that certain pockets of population outside of the control groups in studies are vulnerable to it for one reason or another.

maybe they had low DHT and low T to begin with.... finasteride has side effects just like any other drug. The numbers are correct. If you got side effects, you are part of those 3%. Deal with it
  • 05-13-2012 05:45 PM
    clandestine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aston View Post

The many men who have placed their hopes on the effectiveness of finasteride (such as myself) will clearly always fight theirs fears and whoever fuels them, but whatever the truth is, many men feel finasteride has caused permanent damage to their health. All we can do is look together into the mechanics of such claims and compare data, for everyone's sake. Unfortunately medical science is still far from perfection, as are pharmaceuticals. Whether you like it or not, the ultimate "clinical trial" is the consumer market.

Arguing with partial knowledge for the sake of personal fears or unproven theories is futile and will only sour healthy discussion.

Aston; how are you fairing with the modified dosage?
  • 05-13-2012 05:47 PM
    Aston
    The numbers are correct for the tested population and represent an average, which is subject to errors in application.

Also, balding men in their twenties reportedly all have low T and high DHT. Either their 5a reductase enzyme is too active (current theory) or their SBHG production is impaired.

Unfortunately we do not posses enough data to assert anything and we should therefore stay open to the possibility.
  • 05-13-2012 05:48 PM
    chrisis
    Thanks Aston. You get it! :o

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

My FUE Into FUT Scar Result Revealed After 5 Years
Yesterday 10:10 AM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 10:10 AM
2 operations with Asmed, Dr. Erdogan - 2007 and 2016
10-06-2020 10:53 AM
Last Post By sicore8826
04-12-2024 02:41 PM
How do you make a truck sound like a train horn?
09-13-2023 09:58 PM
by Bial
Last Post By frasheron
04-12-2024 06:02 AM
Dr. Glenn Charles FUT
04-10-2024 07:36 AM
Last Post By Dr. Glenn Charles
04-10-2024 07:36 AM