SMP diffuse thinning

Printable View

• 05-13-2019 11:47 PM
    Robe
    SMP diffuse thinning
    Hi all,

I'm considering SMP cause my hair is really thinning out. I have black afro hair and you can see my skin through my hair on the temples and on top. On the front i still have a bit of thick hair but that is also thinning out. I started a regime to try and keep what i got, thicken up, and hopefully regrow some hair.

I'm giving it some time but i feel like i might shave it off and let it grow back when its fuller again. Docters say i have a pretty good chance to regrow alot of hair and thicken things up. The only thing that worries me is to shave it off and people noticing that i'm going bald. I use toppik quite often so the contrast might be huge. I'm not sure cause i still have hair all over my head, but still think it will be pretty obvious that my hair is thinning. (Regime: dutasteride, PRP, minoxidil, microneedeling and supplements. I started last month).

My options:
    1. Shave it off and just accept people noticing it. Hope it regrows and grow my hair long again.

2. Shave it off and follow up with a SMP session to thicken things up.

In this last option I wonder if people ever tried to do SMP with diffuse thinning? And once the hair started to regrow grew the hair back to normal length. I wonder if this is still an option with SMP since it might not look to good. Does this work? I do see some people have SMP for camouflage so i always wonder how that works and if it looks good.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks alot!

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM