• 12-10-2016 12:25 AM
    NW9000
    Is "facial aging" from minoxidil real or is it just hype?
    Something I've seen in posts across hair loss forums from 3-4 years ago

Just wondering what the consensus is now
  • 12-10-2016 08:42 AM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NW9000 View Post

It's just hype. Some people are allergic to propylene glycerol. When that's the case, foam can be used. So
    allergies might increase puffiness, but that's about it. I take very high dosages (30% cream/supplemented
    with 5%). Nothing happened to my face. Everybody's different though.
  • 12-10-2016 08:48 AM
    Louish
    Quote:

Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    It's just hype. Some people are allergic to propylene glycerol. When that's the case, foam can be used. So
    allergies might increase puffiness, but that's about it. I take very high dosages (30% cream/supplemented

You mean "propylene glycol". Glycerol is one of the most viscous substance in nature...
  • 12-10-2016 12:08 PM
    NW9000
    Quote:

Isn't minox said to inhibit collagen production or something ?
  • 12-10-2016 04:36 PM
    Louish
    Never heard of that but taking a drug that was design to treat high blood pressure twice daily must have negative effects at some level...Yes there are systemic effects even from a topical foam etc...
  • 12-10-2016 06:11 PM
    k9gatton
    There's no facial side effects, in my own opinion.

Keep in mind Minoxidil is only five percent. That means 95% is something else. And yes, some
    people have allergic reactions.

But the dosage is very, very small (Minoxidil, that is). It's very unlikely.
  • 12-23-2016 08:04 AM
    richter101
    Wow. Never heard of this.. but got off Minoxidil years ago just due to the simple fact that the effect faded quickly. Now it's just finasteride and good old fashioned FUE :-)

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
    HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
    Finasteride daily, since 2014
    Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)
  • 12-23-2016 03:57 PM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Isn't minox said to inhibit collagen production or something ?

It doesn't.
  • 12-23-2016 03:58 PM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    Never heard of that but taking a drug that was design to treat high blood pressure twice daily must have negative effects at some level...Yes there are systemic effects even from a topical foam etc...

It doesn't cause any side effects. That's five percent. And stop trolling my posts.
  • 12-23-2016 03:58 PM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Louish View Post

Really, show some proof then.
  • 12-23-2016 07:02 PM
    Driver
    I think it is all baloney, IMHO.
  • 12-24-2016 08:03 AM
    funkville
    I have had eye sides from minox. I've learnt that it may actually be added ingredients and the percentage used. I started with 12.5% with alzelic acid cream from belgravia in London. My eye got puffy and looked hollow. Then went to 8% lipquid with mpg (synthetic progesterone) and caffeine twice a day. My hair grew like crazy but my eyes got sensitive to light and eyes got worse. Recently I just started using big standard 5% regaine and guess what eyes have got much better. I think it's dependent how much you can tolerate and also if you react negatively to ingredients added. Oh and for me minoxidil dries my eyes so add being infront of a screen for hours your eyes become inflamed. To combat this I use eye drops.

To add I have read about minoxidil affecting collagen. I use tretinoin cream every night to combat this and I can say it's made a difference
  • 12-24-2016 08:08 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    If you overdose, yes.

I am 28, just turned 28, and people are shocked to know I am 28 because I look very young. It is not a lite reaction either, people are genuinely shocked I am in my late 20s. I look like a teenager. Youtful looking skin and facial features runs in my family. My father is 63 but all of my friends guess he's in his 40s. My mother has been confused for being my sister by strangers. etc. So you know, it would be weird to see me getting old so fast.

With that said, when I was overdosing on kirkland's minoxidil (2ml twice a day = 4ml a day) I was getting what looked like senile spots on my head. Good news is, when I toned it back down to just 1 ml twice a day, the senile spots went away in a month. So it seems like, just like the minoxidil dependant hair, the senile spots are minoxidil dependant too. I also got dark circles that were also dependant on how much minoxidil I used. I had a friend ask once if I have been fighting, that's how bad it was.

I don't use kirkland's anymore, I use Lipogaine, which doesn't make my head itch. But I still have an 8 pack there, it just expired. Since i'm on the subject, anyone knows how ineffective is expired minoxidil? I mean what ingredient exactly expires of it? Everything?
  • 12-24-2016 08:14 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Quote:

You see how finasteride doesn't cause sides to everyone? It's the same with minoxidil, some users will experience face bloating, dark circles, aging skin, others won't. But those who don't shouldn't reject that it happens entirely. I don't get sides from fin, but i'm not in the group who claims that because they don't get sides then they must not exist. Minoxidil side effects exist and people do get them. You don't get them, congrats, but they exist.
  • 12-24-2016 10:11 AM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    You see how finasteride doesn't cause sides to everyone? It's the same with minoxidil, some users will experience face bloating, dark circles, aging skin, others won't. But those who don't shouldn't reject that it happens entirely. I don't get sides from fin, but i'm not in the group who claims that because they don't get sides then they must not exist. Minoxidil side effects exist and people do get them. You don't get them, congrats, but they exist.

Understand what you're saying. That's why I said everyone is different.

When I first joined a hair website, a couple years ago, I thought everybody had good Minoxidil reactions.

That isn't the case though. And as I also found out myself, the positive effects of Minoxidil won't last
    unless there's an anti DHT agent being used. (For males with androgen alopecia, I really don't know
    a lot about females who have it).
  • 12-24-2016 01:55 PM
    funkville
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    If you overdose, yes.

I am 28, just turned 28, and people are shocked to know I am 28 because I look very young. It is not a lite reaction either, people are genuinely shocked I am in my late 20s. I look like a teenager. Youtful looking skin and facial features runs in my family. My father is 63 but all of my friends guess he's in his 40s. My mother has been confused for being my sister by strangers. etc. So you know, it would be weird to see me getting old so fast.

With that said, when I was overdosing on kirkland's minoxidil (2ml twice a day = 4ml a day) I was getting what looked like senile spots on my head. Good news is, when I toned it back down to just 1 ml twice a day, the senile spots went away in a month. So it seems like, just like the minoxidil dependant hair, the senile spots are minoxidil dependant too. I also got dark circles that were also dependant on how much minoxidil I used. I had a friend ask once if I have been fighting, that's how bad it was.

I don't use kirkland's anymore, I use Lipogaine, which doesn't make my head itch. But I still have an 8 pack there, it just expired. Since i'm on the subject, anyone knows how ineffective is expired minoxidil? I mean what ingredient exactly expires of it? Everything?

Above everything from your post the thing which Alerted me the most which was probably why you got the side effects you did is u was taking double dosage of minoxidil 2ml twice a day rather than 1ml.

I have never used Kirkland as it's not sold here in U.K. But 1ml of liquid equals 5% minoxidil. The extra alcohol and other ingredients was probably causing your sides.
  • 12-31-2016 04:53 AM
    bornthisway
    Quote:

It doesn't.

Minoxidil is an inhibitor of lysyl hydroxylase, an enzyme involved in collagen production, and decreases collagen production in vitro.

Minoxidil inhibited LEC migration and proliferation in vitro, as well as collagen secretion. Collagen secretion may be essential for LEC migration and proliferation. Minoxidil also attenuated repopulation of LECs on the inner surface of organ-cultured capsules. Minoxidil may be a potential inhibitor of postoperative capsular opacification.

Two important findings related to the effect of minoxidil on human skin fibroblasts in culture are reviewed. Treatment of cells with minoxidil is associated with a specific loss of lysyl hydroxylase activity; this loss occurs gradually and is reversed by removing minoxidil from the culture medium. Experiments with inhibitors of protein and RNA synthesis reveal that minoxidil may inhibit the synthesis of lysyl hydroxylase by acting at the transcriptional level. Treatment of cells with minoxidil is also associated with inhibition of proliferation, without any sign of cytotoxicity. This effect of minoxidil is accompanied by inhibition of DNA synthesis. Since collagen is the major product of fibroblast activity and lysyl hydroxylase catalyzes a crucial reaction in collagen biosynthesis, the combined effects of minoxidil offer the potential for its use as an antifibrotic agent.

Thus, minoxidil may prove to be beneficial in treating skin conditions associated with collagen accumulation.

--
    I'm an old person on my phone. I'll have to link the sources later when I'm on a computer. But as long as I can remember this was a valid concern regarding minoxidil.
  • 12-31-2016 07:25 AM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bornthisway View Post
    Minoxidil is an inhibitor of lysyl hydroxylase, an enzyme involved in collagen production, and decreases collagen production in vitro.

Minoxidil inhibited LEC migration and proliferation in vitro, as well as collagen secretion. Collagen secretion may be essential for LEC migration and proliferation. Minoxidil also attenuated repopulation of LECs on the inner surface of organ-cultured capsules. Minoxidil may be a potential inhibitor of postoperative capsular opacification.

Two important findings related to the effect of minoxidil on human skin fibroblasts in culture are reviewed. Treatment of cells with minoxidil is associated with a specific loss of lysyl hydroxylase activity; this loss occurs gradually and is reversed by removing minoxidil from the culture medium. Experiments with inhibitors of protein and RNA synthesis reveal that minoxidil may inhibit the synthesis of lysyl hydroxylase by acting at the transcriptional level. Treatment of cells with minoxidil is also associated with inhibition of proliferation, without any sign of cytotoxicity. This effect of minoxidil is accompanied by inhibition of DNA synthesis. Since collagen is the major product of fibroblast activity and lysyl hydroxylase catalyzes a crucial reaction in collagen biosynthesis, the combined effects of minoxidil offer the potential for its use as an antifibrotic agent.

Thus, minoxidil may prove to be beneficial in treating skin conditions associated with collagen accumulation.

--
    I'm an old person on my phone. I'll have to link the sources later when I'm on a computer. But as long as I can remember this was a valid concern regarding minoxidil.

First off, there's a BIG difference between the oral dosage and liquid.

Let's be factual.

People can take Minoxidil in two percent, if they choose to. Are you saying two percent
    will cause this damage?

I'm not a fan of Minoxidil as a first line of defense (HAIR Treatment), it probably is
    TEMPORARY in the long run.

But to use scare tactics against a medication that has NO DHT side effects, in
    my opinion, is illogical.

I'm sorry.

Many men in their twenties can temporarily be helped by this drug.

What next, scare people off of Nizerol? Say it causes their faces to melt?

Seriously.

Sorry, but I'm not going to waste my brain cells on bad information. I'm just
    not.
  • 12-31-2016 07:40 AM
    bornthisway
    I'm not telling anyone to not use minoxidil. I only provided facts from separate studies with documented effects on collagen production. I cannot say whether or not 5% or any other concentrations will or will not result in the documented collagen issues. I personally would use minoxidil even with that side effect if it actually helped my hair loss.

FYI: You're misinterpreting and putting words out there that I did not use and being unnecessarily combative.

As a side note I really should stick to forums where people have brain cells..
  • 12-31-2016 08:08 AM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

I'm not telling anyone to not use minoxidil. I only provided facts from separate studies with documented effects on collagen production. I cannot say whether or not 5% or any other concentrations will or will not result in the documented collagen issues. I personally would use minoxidil even with that side effect if it actually helped my hair loss.

FYI: You're misinterpreting and putting words out there that I did not use and being unnecessarily combative.

As a side note I really should stick to forums where people have brain cells..

So you're saying I don't have brain cells?

Guess what, I'm not using scare tactics.

Maybe misinformation has made people lose their brain cells?

Ever think about it that way. You're saying something that has no scientific proof, at all.

Show some government studies. If I tell people the sky is black, and the sun revolves around
    the earth, it is my job to prove it. Am I wrong?

Prove what you say.
  • 12-31-2016 08:17 AM
    bornthisway
    Quote:

You're saying something that has no scientific proof, at all.

I've had enough talking to such a bright bulb. Back to hibernation. Good luck BTT!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7672621

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11760039

Minoxidil inhibited LEC migration and proliferation in vitro, as well as collagen secretion. Collagen secretion may be essential for LEC migration and proliferation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2826267

Two important findings related to the effect of minoxidil on human skin fibroblasts in culture are reviewed. Treatment of cells with minoxidil is associated with a specific loss of lysyl hydroxylase activity; this loss occurs gradually and is reversed by removing minoxidil from the culture medium. Experiments with inhibitors of protein and RNA synthesis reveal that minoxidil may inhibit the synthesis of lysyl hydroxylase by acting at the transcriptional level. Treatment of cells with minoxidil is also associated with inhibition of proliferation, without any sign of cytotoxicity. This effect of minoxidil is accompanied by inhibition of DNA synthesis. Since collagen is the major product of fibroblast activity and lysyl hydroxylase catalyzes a crucial reaction in collagen biosynthesis, the combined effects of minoxidil offer the potential for its use as an antifibrotic agent. Thus, minoxidil may prove to be beneficial in treating skin conditions associated with collagen accumulation.
  • 12-31-2016 12:42 PM
    NW9000
    In vivo study though, didn't show inhibition:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...MC3985251/#B27
  • 12-31-2016 01:01 PM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

I've had enough talking to such a bright bulb. Back to hibernation. Good luck BTT!

Minoxidil inhibited LEC migration and proliferation in vitro, as well as collagen secretion. Collagen secretion may be essential for LEC migration and proliferation.

Two important findings related to the effect of minoxidil on human skin fibroblasts in culture are reviewed. Treatment of cells with minoxidil is associated with a specific loss of lysyl hydroxylase activity; this loss occurs gradually and is reversed by removing minoxidil from the culture medium. Experiments with inhibitors of protein and RNA synthesis reveal that minoxidil may inhibit the synthesis of lysyl hydroxylase by acting at the transcriptional level. Treatment of cells with minoxidil is also associated with inhibition of proliferation, without any sign of cytotoxicity. This effect of minoxidil is accompanied by inhibition of DNA synthesis. Since collagen is the major product of fibroblast activity and lysyl hydroxylase catalyzes a crucial reaction in collagen biosynthesis, the combined effects of minoxidil offer the potential for its use as an antifibrotic agent. Thus, minoxidil may prove to be beneficial in treating skin conditions associated with collagen accumulation.

What a waste of typing for you. Again, more scare mongering tactics.

Even your own studies are inconclusive. I guess when you're fear mongering isn't working on people.

Here's the conclusion from the first study, done in vitro on RABBITS (not humans). Some scientists would say they are different from humans. Would you agree with that?

CONCLUSIONS:
    The results indicated that minoxidil attenuated cellular activities of SCFs such as proliferation and migration in vitro. The exact mechanism of the inhibitory effects of minoxidil on these cellular activities is unknown. The findings suggest that the drug might help to prevent bleb scarring after glaucoma filtering surgery.

Why do you think that is?

Also, why don't you get the dosage.

You see, human beings have more BODY mass than rabbits. But you might not know that. It's true.
  • 12-31-2016 01:03 PM
    k9gatton
    By the way, bornthisway chose to do a Minoxidil study done with rabbits.

Here's the exact title of his "proof":

Effect of lysyl hydroxylase inhibitor, minoxidil, on ultrastructure and behavior of cultured rabbit subconjunctival fibroblasts.

A "cultured" rabbit. Scare tactics. Poor job as well.
  • 12-31-2016 01:04 PM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Second study done with rabbits. Once again. And probably a much HIGHER dose than five percent on humans??

Another fear tactic. Here's the title of his second link.

Effect of minoxidil on rabbit lens epithelial cell behavior in vitro and in situ.
  • 12-31-2016 06:29 PM
    bornthisway
    Quote:

In vivo study though, didn't show inhibition:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...MC3985251/#B27

Nothing can be extrapolated from the studies to say the same effect will occur in a person including the 3rd using human skin fibroblasts. I was just showing cross species documentation of minoxidil collagen suppression activity. If the 3rd study could translate in vivo that's when I'd err on the side of caution and use a low % minoxidil treatment.
  • 12-31-2016 06:54 PM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Nothing can be extrapolated from the studies to say the same effect will occur in a person including the 3rd using human skin fibroblasts. I was just showing cross species documentation of minoxidil collagen suppression activity. If the 3rd study could translate in vivo that's when I'd err on the side of caution and use a low % minoxidil treatment.

Then use a low one. Not everybody uses a high concentration like I do.

It's just Minoxidil doesn't suppress DHT. Only antri androgens/Progesterone
    can do that.
  • 02-03-2017 07:58 PM
    WanderingOracle
    While I think the Fin sides are mostly nocebo effects, I do believe the Minox side of skin aging. Thing is, I've seen a LOT of Minox progress logs. I can say I've seen a very noticeable portion of these men(and women) look MUCH older within 2 years of starting Minox. Do people occasionally age a lot in 2 years? Yes, they do. But not in the numbers I've observed. Though I think it's a minority side-effect, I think it's a very common one. Maybe 1/3 experience something pretty significant.

And I'll also say I've witnessed more than a few examples of the reverse. Someone uses Minox for a while, and then stops, and starts looking better/younger afterwards(aside from the shedding). This is purely anecdotal. I was never going to use Minox, as it's just too much of a commitment. I know I'm too lazy to spend fifteen minutes a day scrubbing the stuff in my hair, and making it greasy. It's just not for me. I have no dog in this hunt, and I'd much prefer it to have no sides at all. But it seems to be quite common.

If you're considering it, go look for some logs of people who have a few years worth of pictures. See if you find what I have.
  • 02-04-2017 05:55 PM
    k9gatton
    For the record, I take a thirty percent Minoxidil solution (yes, thirty percent). It's combined with topical Progesterone (.5%), and topical Finasteride (.1%). And I also believe there's not much benefit to taking Minxodil without an anti androgen DHT agent (either Finasteride or Dut). Because Minoxidil on its own will not keep your hair in, in the case of androgen alopecia.

And, I supplement my scalp with five percent foam. I've never had issues with my skin, or my face aging. Never.

And as I said, many people have allergic reactions to other ingredients that are mixed with the solution. Many people are allergic to glycerol. So, that said, I do believe people when they
    say they have side effects.

The foam usually doesn't irritate lots of people. I would highly recommend switching to that.

Can someone be allergic to Minoxidil? Yes they can. But its a very small percent in the solution.
  • 02-07-2017 12:38 PM
    marklin
    Where do you get Minoxidil solution combined with topical Progesterone (.5%), and topical Finasteride (.1%)? Can you share the information? It looks like a good product.
  • 02-15-2017 03:50 PM
    ghallow
    Hi Guys!
    I am a really newer poster and I am 47 years old with a thin crown and mid-anterior scalp is thinning. Front is pretty good considering everything. I am starting to talk with a well known HT specialist (respected on this forum) and I will be looking at all my options. I will say this about Rogaine. I have been on it for 5-6 years. I do have a puffy face and dark circles under my eyes. This seems to have started the last few years and I think I have had it before. Also, I have a low iron problem that can cause dark circles. I am glad I ran into this thread just because I never thought about rogaine possibly causing the circles and I still doubt its the causebut at least I can keep it on the list to consider. I tell you guys, I don't know what to do. I am so twisted about whether to let it go or what. I am horrified of Fin because I already take a SSRI which doesn't cause terrible sex sides but I do have a hard time finishing (Anorgasmia) some times- The girl loves it for obvious reasons. I want to do a HT but I have no idea whether that's a good idea or not at this time. Aso, looking at PRP/Acell so pray for me guys, I am lost. I am also dangerous because I can afford these things. I really want to try Fin first but dunno...
  • 03-20-2017 12:28 PM
    nhlpro11
    has anyone gotten rid of the wrinkles caused by minoxidil> please help
  • 03-26-2017 11:29 PM
    LusciousLadyLocks
    Quote:

And as I also found out myself, the positive effects of Minoxidil won't last
    unless there's an anti DHT agent being used. (For males with androgen alopecia, I really don't know
    a lot about females who have it).

For many women, minoxidil is enough to completely regrow hair...if you use the male amount! I have to wax and epilate more, but it's worth it.

Also, for many men, minoxidil really is a long-term solution. My husband has been on it for a decade and went from a NW1 to NW0-1 and has stayed there. In 10 more years, who knows? But so far, so good.
  • 03-27-2017 12:29 AM
    LusciousLadyLocks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ghallow View Post
    Hi Guys!
    I am a really newer poster and I am 47 years old with a thin crown and mid-anterior scalp is thinning. Front is pretty good considering everything. I am starting to talk with a well known HT specialist (respected on this forum) and I will be looking at all my options. I will say this about Rogaine. I have been on it for 5-6 years. I do have a puffy face and dark circles under my eyes. This seems to have started the last few years and I think I have had it before. Also, I have a low iron problem that can cause dark circles. I am glad I ran into this thread just because I never thought about rogaine possibly causing the circles and I still doubt its the causebut at least I can keep it on the list to consider. I tell you guys, I don't know what to do. I am so twisted about whether to let it go or what. I am horrified of Fin because I already take a SSRI which doesn't cause terrible sex sides but I do have a hard time finishing (Anorgasmia) some times- The girl loves it for obvious reasons. I want to do a HT but I have no idea whether that's a good idea or not at this time. Aso, looking at PRP/Acell so pray for me guys, I am lost. I am also dangerous because I can afford these things. I really want to try Fin first but dunno...

A lot of SSRIs cause hair loss in some people, BTW. And anorgasmia seems like a terrible sex side to me, but what do I know? I'm a woman.

If you're getting Rogaine-related water retention, dark circles and puffiness is common. I've dug through the research and I'm not worried about skin aging anymore. I've also examined the husband's skin where he's been rubbing it on bare skin directly for 10 years, at the hairline. Looks good. ;)
  • 05-26-2017 04:11 AM
    Lj333
    Why would anybody come on here to make stuff up and try scare people off if it wasn't true? These are common side effects... Puffy face, sunken in eyes, an angry look about the face, dry flaky skin. I experienced all of these and so have lots of other people on lots of different forums. Do you honestly think people have nothing better to do with their time than to come on here and make up stuff that's not true? It does cause your skin to age and look dramatically different in a very short space of time, some people say it's reversible so fingers crossed it is but it is true.... Clearly... Just look at all the people it's happened to on here
  • 07-14-2017 07:46 PM
    k9gatton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lj333 View Post
    Why would anybody come on here to make stuff up and try scare people off if it wasn't true? These are common side effects... Puffy face, sunken in eyes, an angry look about the face, dry flaky skin. I experienced all of these and so have lots of other people on lots of different forums. Do you honestly think people have nothing better to do with their time than to come on here and make up stuff that's not true? It does cause your skin to age and look dramatically different in a very short space of time, some people say it's reversible so fingers crossed it is but it is true.... Clearly... Just look at all the people it's happened to on here

If you're correct in what you're saying, stop taking it. See if the circles disappear.

Maybe you're right.

Minoxidil doesn't really have permanent hair restoration.

FYI, I don't believe you're making things up.

Eye puffiness is a common side effect. And you might be allergic to Minoxidil. Also, it is a large percentage, generally speaking,
    .1% of a gram equals one milligram.

Five percent would equal five milligrams.
  • 07-14-2017 10:03 PM
    Ahab
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LusciousLadyLocks View Post
    For many women, minoxidil is enough to completely regrow hair...if you use the male amount! I have to wax and epilate more, but it's worth it.

Also, for many men, minoxidil really is a long-term solution. My husband has been on it for a decade and went from a NW1 to NW0-1 and has stayed there. In 10 more years, who knows? But so far, so good.

Minoxidil probably does not stop the progression of mpb. Likely all minoxidil does is keep follicles in the growth phase longer, so instead of having, for example, 80% of your follicles growing hair at any given time, close to 100% of your follicles grow hair at any given time. But those follicles that succumbed to mpb will still not grow terminal hair. And with the passing of time, more and more follicles will succumb to mpb. If your husband hasn't experienced any significant loss over the last ten years, it's because mpg progresses in fits and starts. In my own case, I have found that things seem stable for a few years, then BAM! My temples start receding or the perimeter of my pattern expands. Then it stabilizes for a few more years and then more is lost, etc. I've been watching this for 50+ years, and it never stops.
  • 07-14-2017 10:06 PM
    Ahab
    Quote:

I've been using topical minoxidil for more than thirty years, and sure enough, I keep looking older every year.
  • 07-19-2017 10:32 AM
    Aonyx262
    The only thing that made my face worse was wrinkling my forehead while styling my hair. I've had lines in my forehead and dark circles long before using minoxidil. I'm 27 now.

I'm gonna start a thread saying minoxidil caused toenail fungus and see where it goes.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth