• 06-01-2013 06:04 AM
    Desmond84
    Histogen's FINAL Phase I/IIa Results (2013)
    Hey guys,

Histogen has finally published the results of their 12 month Phase I/IIa results. Here's the link:

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/ii..._hsc_final.pdf

There's a lot of information which is provided and requires extensive discussion.

1) Duration of Efficacy: Although the patients remained above baseline at the 48 week follow-up, the effects started to wear off by that point: % Change from baseline: 19% (Week 12) compared to 12% (Week 36). This means that patients will need booster shots at least ONCE A YEAR.

Also, isn't it odd how they haven't provided data on % change from baseline for the 48th week even though they did measure it! (Food for thought)

2) Total Hair count in the Temporal Region (temples) increased only by 2.5% at the 48 week follow-up.

3) Therapeutic Window: They found a direct relationship between dose and possible toxicity (Haemoglobin count). Therefore, only so many mL of HSC can be injected at a given session. Otherwise, your Haemoglobin levels may drop and lead to anaemia and other related conditions. This is very important, as it means you cannot get Histogen injected all over your scalp in a single session... HSC will be simply used in your most problematic areas to give you that extra boost in hair density.

4) Safety: using only 8 shots of HSC lead to no abnormal parameters in trial subjects. Furthermore, all reported side effects were mild and transient, which is a big plus.
  • 06-01-2013 06:23 AM
    john2399
    Does it matter that the patients were 40+ and thats why the effects wore off ?
  • 06-01-2013 06:34 AM
    Desmond84
    I doubt it...if that was the case, I'm more than certain they'd be highlighting it! Something along the lines of those in the younger age group kept their new density for the entire 48 week trial!
  • 06-01-2013 06:56 AM
    KJ1982
    I can't help but feel a little deflated at this news, to be honest. I still have great hope for Histogen but, well... :\
  • 06-01-2013 07:22 AM
    UK_
    *scrambles for finasteride*
  • 06-01-2013 07:34 AM
    garethbale
    Desmond

Where did you get the figure of 2.5% from, for the temples?
  • 06-01-2013 07:36 AM
    UK_
    ^^^ yeah 2.5%??

Guys I also didnt know anything about the toxicity issues - where is that located on the poster linked by Desmond?
  • 06-01-2013 07:40 AM
    Desmond84
    Look at the blue bar presented under the heading Temporal Recession Region
  • 06-01-2013 07:42 AM
    Desmond84
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    ^^^ yeah 2.5%??

Guys I also didnt know anything about the toxicity issues - where is that located on the poster linked by Desmond?

Uk look under the heading: "FST bioactivity in hsc"
  • 06-01-2013 07:44 AM
    mmmcoffee
    Welp...go team replicel

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth