• 01-21-2017 02:06 AM
    Notgivingup2
    See this is the problem, I really want to buy into all this, I try really hard to, but it's hard.

I sound totally narcissistic saying this, but since my late teens/early twenties, I've always been considered pretty attractive by people. I've modelled, I've been a topless butler, basically, I've done a few professions and earned good money off the back of a good physique, a strong jaw, and a full head of hair.

In theory I might not even be an ugly bald guy, not that I know as I've never shaved my head, but even if I won't look half as bad as I think I might, I still wouldn't be me, not the version I've been all of my adult life (now 26.)

It comes down to so many things, lack of control, my own ideas of what's attractive, fears of losing my youth.

Ultimately, one day I, like nearly all of us, will lose this battle. I'll be forced to shave, and then eventually, as the hairline totally disappears, and the crown goes from bald spot to bald, I'll have nothing but scalp to style. And I know, deep down, I'll move on to an extent, I'll get over it to an extent, I'll live a happy life, to an extent.
    But There will always be a voice in my head, from a glance in the mirror to touching my head and feeling nothing, that will wish I still had my hair.
  • 01-21-2017 09:05 AM
    BaldBearded
    But...
    What is worse? So you are going bald? You fight it? Sorry, VERY few of the drugs or other "treatments or cures"... look natural... so you THINK you are "hanging on" but you are not... you will be spending time, effort and $$$... chasing after a dream.

Instead you can be getting on with your life.
  • 04-28-2018 10:42 PM
    Spex
    bump - as important topic for new readers.
    Regards
    Spex
  • 04-29-2018 08:09 AM
    Jazz1
    On a positive note I have seen some very good hair systems here in the U.K. I know of one guy who wears a hair system and very hard to detect. Prior to me using any treatments I visited a place based in the U.K. and their hair systems were good, I saw one of their clients and it seemed very undectable.

So on a positive note we have good options, even though it maybe a hair system it can boost ones confident and still be undetectable if done right.
  • 10-11-2018 10:59 PM
    Spex
    Bump :cool: As an important read.
    Regards
    Spex

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34