• 05-27-2012 02:56 PM
    jman91
    donor area thinning too!!!?!?
    ok, im not sure if this happens or not but the back and sides seem to be thinner than i remember. Its hard to remember as i would never have though to monitor the density of the donor area back before i started suffering mpb. can your donor thin? is it common or rare? this will be a major blow if i find out i have bad donor...eeek
  • 05-27-2012 03:22 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    ok, im not sure if this happens or not but the back and sides seem to be thinner than i remember. Its hard to remember as i would never have though to monitor the density of the donor area back before i started suffering mpb. can your donor thin? is it common or rare? this will be a major blow if i find out i have bad donor...eeek

yes it can.... do you really think that 50 year olds have the same donor density they had when they were 16?
    All of your hair is technically DHT susceptible, it's just that your "donor" hair is much much more resilient than your MPB hair...
  • 05-27-2012 03:27 PM
    jman91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    yes it can.... do you really think that 50 year olds have the same donor density they had when they were 16?
    All of your hair is technically DHT susceptible, it's just that your "donor" hair is much much more resilient than your MPB hair...

ok, is there some sort of way to measure how good or bad your donor area on your own. I hoping that im just being a bit paranoid...
  • 05-27-2012 03:32 PM
    Quote:

ok, is there some sort of way to measure how good or bad your donor area on your own. I hoping that im just being a bit paranoid...

go to a hair transplant doctor... they should give you some number that tells if your donor is above or below average.

is your donor see through in a bright light?
  • 05-28-2012 06:15 AM
    Maradona
    Quote:

you're paranoid no way your donor can thin this early.

unless you have a family history of DUPA then you're good.

Yes the sides are thinner that's normal. But the donor is always the thickest.
  • 05-28-2012 06:25 AM
    BaldinLikeBaldwin
    I have decent density at the back of my head but on the sides the hair seems suspiciously thin...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
  • 07-29-2012 05:05 AM
    aim4hair
    I feel like my sides are thin too and my back from the very bottom.
    I went for a consultation once and i was told i have very good donor for FUT where i can go for 3 or 4 procedures. but im not sure about FUE.
    if you have good donor for FUT does that mean it's god for FUE as well ?
    honestly i don't feel like my donor (from the bacl) is really good when my hair is buzzed but when it grows longer it seems thick.
    I hope i don't have DUPA.
  • 07-29-2012 05:25 AM
    Maradona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I feel like my sides are thin too and my back from the very bottom.
    I went for a consultation once and i was told i have very good donor for FUT where i can go for 3 or 4 procedures. but im not sure about FUE.
    if you have good donor for FUT does that mean it's god for FUE as well ?
    honestly i don't feel like my donor (from the bacl) is really good when my hair is buzzed but when it grows longer it seems thick.
    I hope i don't have DUPA.

MPB is more of an aging process. It's not really a disease. All of us will thin in our donor, some of us earlier than others. The sides and neck hair are also susceptible to DHT. However the hair area from the the base of your skull to about 2.5 inches above will last you a long time probably almost the same as someone without the AR sensitivity to DHT aka "non MPBers".

But to thin "a lot" in your donor when you are young can only mean DUPA and real DUPA does not respond to DHT blockers.

There is no escape to this "disease" all we can do is slow it down just like we try to prolong our lives :cool: .

Luckily cloning will be close to perfection when this happens to us.
  • 07-29-2012 07:31 AM
    aim4hair
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    MPB is more of an aging process. It's not really a disease. All of us will thin in our donor, some of us earlier than others. The sides and neck hair are also susceptible to DHT. However the hair area from the the base of your skull to about 2.5 inches above will last you a long time probably almost the same as someone without the AR sensitivity to DHT aka "non MPBers".

But to thin "a lot" in your donor when you are young can only mean DUPA and real DUPA does not respond to DHT blockers.

There is no escape to this "disease" all we can do is slow it down just like we try to prolong our lives :cool: .

Luckily cloning will be close to perfection when this happens to us.

Been hearing about cloning in forever man, im losing hope in it. At least we have gho for now..
    Btw, i met the man himself MARADONA couple of months ago in dubai ha ... Not only he's a soccer legend but his hair is freaking awesome .. F*** this MPB shit...
  • 07-29-2012 07:40 AM
    Maradona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Been hearing about cloning in forever man, im losing hope in it. At least we have gho for now..
    Btw, i met the man himself MARADONA couple of months ago in dubai ha ... Not only he's a soccer legend but his hair is freaking awesome .. F*** this MPB shit...

You gotta be shitting me ! You were close to him? Or you just saw him in the stadium?

I woulda broke down to tears If I had seen him next to me and asked him for his autograph. Probably woulda passed out...

are you this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRe2aEb5Vb0? :)

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

My FUE Into FUT Scar Result Revealed After 5 Years
Yesterday 10:10 AM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 10:10 AM
2 operations with Asmed, Dr. Erdogan - 2007 and 2016
10-06-2020 10:53 AM
Last Post By sicore8826
04-12-2024 02:41 PM
How do you make a truck sound like a train horn?
09-13-2023 09:58 PM
by Bial
Last Post By frasheron
04-12-2024 06:02 AM
Dr. Glenn Charles FUT
04-10-2024 07:36 AM
Last Post By Dr. Glenn Charles
04-10-2024 07:36 AM