• 07-06-2015 02:32 AM
    lacazette
    Any japenese guy here?

I'm sure there is interesting things on japanese hair loss forums regarding future stemcells treatments, not only histogen

when you know there is already more than 150 clinics who offers better prp treatments, AAPE injections, etc..
  • 07-06-2015 04:10 AM
    lacazette
    This round will provide capital for development of its HSC program, including a US Phase I clinical trial in female diffuse hair loss patients and a late-stage HSC trial in male pattern hair loss, expand its manufacturing capability, other corporate purposes and to support preparation for an initial public offering (IPO)

"expand its manufacturing capability and to support preparation for an initial public offering" , like that kind of words :p
  • 07-06-2015 06:59 AM
    BDDFreak
    Its odd this information hasn't been updated on their official site. Tbh im still waiting for histogen to release some pictures of men regrowing significant hair.
  • 07-06-2015 12:10 PM
    JayM
    I'm literally just so confused by histogen and all you people saying it's dead. Is it what people describe in terms of just chucking all the growth factors in you need?

Why would they release this if they can see what replicel is doing? Hmmm something somewhere must have changed/improved?
  • 07-06-2015 12:25 PM
    BDDFreak
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    I'm literally just so confused by histogen and all you people saying it's dead. Is it what people describe in terms of just chucking all the growth factors in you need?

Why would they release this if they can see what replicel is doing? Hmmm something somewhere must have changed/improved?

I think ppl are just saying their dead because we as a community sometimes let the anxiety of not hearing from these companies get to us. Factored in with the fact that most hair loss companies do end up in the graveyard and we get a roller coaster of emotions when we dont hear from them, or when we do lol. I honestly thought the picture of the female with the temple recession before and after was impressive, id just feel better if it was of a man.
  • 07-06-2015 12:27 PM
    macbeth81
    I would assume these are old filings. The total raised is $25 million and their own site states they raised $26 million since 2007. The earliest date of first sale is 2007. They may have already spent this money, hence the $18 million offering they released this year. Doesn't seem anything to get excited about, they obviously need more cash.

Quote:

The Company has raised $26M since its inception in 2007, the majority of which has been used to develop its proprietary manufacturing process, submit worldwide patents, and advance the skin care and hair growth products.
    By the way, Histogen yielded little for their male subject even after two treatments. For this to work it would probably take many treatments and would become very costly flying to Japan.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...the-ISHRS-2012
  • 07-06-2015 12:37 PM
    BDDFreak
    Thanks for sharing those pics with me macbeth. I really hope they have improved the efficacy by now. Your theory also makes sense, the only thing thats still confusing for me is that, why would they skip over form a,b, and c to get to d if this was the money raised in the beginning? The company was only started in 2007 so that initial money raised since then should def be under form a, followed by b a couple years down, then c, and now finally d. Then again im no expert in these maters :/. Wasn't there an investor of histogen on these forums that can ask them about this recent filing?
  • 07-14-2015 09:35 PM
    willy
    Looks like they're getting help raising capital: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300112902.html

NEW YORK, July 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- WealthForge, a provider of turnkey technology solutions for processing private placement securities offerings, today announced they will serve as lead placement agent in a collaboration with Gar Wood Securities on Histogen Inc.'s $18M Series D round of financing.

Histogen is a regenerative medicine company developing solutions based upon the products of cells grown under proprietary conditions that mimic the embryonic environment, including low oxygen and suspension. Through this unique technology process, newborn cells are encouraged to naturally produce the vital proteins and growth factors from which the Company has developed its rich product portfolio. Histogen's technology focuses on stimulating a patient's own stem cells by delivering a proprietary complex of multipotent human proteins that have been shown to support stem cell growth and differentiation.

In May 2015, Histogen opened its Series D financing round to support clinical development of its Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC), including a US Phase I clinical trial in female diffuse hair loss patients and a late-stage HSC trial in male pattern hair loss, expand its manufacturing capability, and to support preparation for an initial public offering (IPO).

"Histogen is pleased to partner with WealthForge on this financing raise," said Dr. Gail K. Naughton, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Histogen. "WealthForge's platform and services will not only ensure our SEC compliance for these transactions, but will facilitate the investment process for our new shareholders."

WealthForge helps firms raising private capital utilizing cutting-edge technology that enables the compliant processing of private placements. Their solution takes a traditionally cumbersome, risk-laden and manual transaction and transforms it into a faster, easier and more compliant process.

"At WealthForge, our mission is simple - to lower costs throughout the entire private placement process." Arthur Weissman, Head of Sales and Marketing said. "We're proud to work with a partner like Histogen to help them scale their business by making the process of raising private capital faster and more compliant than ever before."

In an effort to support Histogen, WealthForge is working closely with Gar Wood Securities, an experienced broker-dealer in the industry.

"We are very excited about the development in stem cell research and are thrilled to be working with Dr. Gail K. Naughton, as she and her team prepare for their next phase of testing," said Robert Jersey, President and CEO of Gar Wood Securities, LLC.
  • 07-14-2015 10:54 PM
    JayM
    Well they are certainly doing something then haha. I would probably get both replicel and this done. Because even if they have magical results and the regrowth is amazing, which is stretching it abit, the whole reason we are balding is still there. If replicel shows to protect against that then we have a winner.
  • 07-16-2015 10:21 AM
    FearTheLoss
    This is great news because if they can get the funding this will be out within a year and a half in Japan and we know it works to prevent loss

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM