• 05-09-2012 04:54 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Have you even read what doctors have said to sufferers? They don't understand the side effects, they don't want to know and they don't know how to fix it anyway.

NOT THE POINT.

Do you not understand why drug prescriptions are in place?? At the very least you would have had someone to blame - your doctor.

Don't blame Merck and don't say that their "percentage of side effects" is wrong because it's not. We just had a 10 page discussion about just that. WARNINGS ARE SUFFICIENT AND ACCURATE.

doctors don't know anything? pfft... do a full panel test. See what's off the charts and start treating it.

Quote:

Everyone understands your position on this topic 2020, so now kindly butt out.

This isn't position vs position. It's FACTS VS FACTS.
    You got nothing. All of your theories are BS as it was proven to be so by me.

Quote:

We're making some interesting progress on this subject without people like you sticking their oar in unhelpfully.

You're not making any progress. You're wasting precious internet bandwidth from Spencer. This is a circle jerk.

read this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo

and then lookup alessandra ambrosio
  • 05-09-2012 05:27 PM
    chrisis
    Sorry for the interruption everyone. Now back to the actual topic.
  • 05-09-2012 05:43 PM
    Quote:

Sorry for the interruption everyone.

what interruption? were you looking up alessandra ambrosio?
  • 05-09-2012 08:28 PM
    SoothSayer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Good to know chrisis, i told you it would take a long time. It seems to me you had low DHT to begin with that's why you had some bad side effects.

It is much too early to tell whether the claritin course has reversed Chrisis' side effects. I truly hope that it is able to help, but it is not helpful to be so presumptuous after half a week of trying a treatment.
  • 05-09-2012 08:33 PM
    SoothSayer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2020 View Post

Do you not understand why drug prescriptions are in place?? At the very least you would have had someone to blame - your doctor.

Don't blame Merck and don't say that their "percentage of side effects" is wrong because it's not. We just had a 10 page discussion about just that. WARNINGS ARE SUFFICIENT AND ACCURATE.

doctors don't know anything? pfft... do a full panel test. See what's off the charts and start treating it.

These statements are very ignorant. The original drug manufacturer is responsible for informing doctors with accurate information of the safety and efficacy of the drugs that it sells. Recently, the FDA determined that Merck's original label and its subsequent follow-up were not sufficient. The FDA required Merck to let doctors know that persistent sexual dysfunction has been reported. Doctors are responsible to a lesser extent, but the system is unfortunately very imperfect and they get the majority of their information from pharmaceutical companies which are inherently partial institutions.

Secondly - some men with persistent finasteride related problems have unusual hormone profiles and some do not. The men who do have abnormal profiles almost always find the prescribed medications or treatments are not
    effective.
  • 05-09-2012 09:57 PM
    Johny.track131
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SoothSayer View Post
    It is much too early to tell whether the claritin course has reversed Chrisis' side effects. I truly hope that it is able to help, but it is not helpful to be so presumptuous after half a week of trying a treatment.

not neccissarily, Samjone, the user who posted about this idea, had a really fast reverse in side effects. Let's hoepe the same's the case with chrisis.
  • 05-10-2012 11:34 AM
    chrisis
    I'm happy to report that I'm continuing to enjoy a returning sensitivity and more normal libido as a consequence of this. Previously my libido was nothing more than something I felt I had to try to exercise every few days, out of habit and fear that I wasn't normal anymore... :(

Now I'm actually enjoying my libido again.

The only thing I haven't 100% shaken off yet is the lower amount of ejaculate and such, but so far I'm encouraged.

I'd recommend any guy who is suffering with Propecia side effects to give loratadine a try. I don't see how it can harm to try.

I do wonder how long I have to stay on the drug though. Forever?.... and I'm curious how it works to cure the sides, if indeed it has.

This is one of the most constructive discussions on this topic that I've ever read, so let's keep it on track and ignore the trolls and ignorant bullies.
  • 05-10-2012 11:39 AM
    clandestine
    Great to hear, chrisis. We're all rooting for you man.

Are you currently on anything to try to quell your hair loss after your propecia endeavours?
  • 05-10-2012 11:45 AM
    Jcm800
    Indeed, nice one Chrisis, hope it keeps up, pun intended ;)
  • 05-10-2012 03:47 PM
    Johny.track131
    Quote:

I'm happy to report that I'm continuing to enjoy a returning sensitivity and more normal libido as a consequence of this. Previously my libido was nothing more than something I felt I had to try to exercise every few days, out of habit and fear that I wasn't normal anymore... :(

Now I'm actually enjoying my libido again.

The only thing I haven't 100% shaken off yet is the lower amount of ejaculate and such, but so far I'm encouraged.

I'd recommend any guy who is suffering with Propecia side effects to give loratadine a try. I don't see how it can harm to try.

I do wonder how long I have to stay on the drug though. Forever?.... and I'm curious how it works to cure the sides, if indeed it has.

This is one of the most constructive discussions on this topic that I've ever read, so let's keep it on track and ignore the trolls and ignorant bullies.

So happy for you chrisis! Let's hope you make a full recovery! And Thank you Samjone for your 'up until now' amazing suggestion which seems to be working up until now. I think this thread should be stickied because if more people see this possible cure to the sides and try it out and find that it works, then sides because of fin will be a thing of the past! :D

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth