• 08-13-2017 09:30 AM
    Y020
    Is my crown hair thinning?
    Hi guys,

21 year old guy here from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

I've come to this forum because, just like a lot of you, I've started noticing a change in my hair. I have thick, curly black hair and the front/upper side of my head seems fine, but then recently my barber and my best friend pointed out a bald patch around my crown.

As most of you understand, balding/thinning hair is severely stressing so this has been on my mind ever since they've pointed it out. I can't seem to wrap my head around the thought that my hair is already thinning at the age of 21. It's extremely impacting and it's causing a blow on my self-esteem. Especially seeing all your friends / people with the same age around you that all seem to have healthy full bushes of hair.

Do you guys reckon I should start with a low dose of finasteride/minox? I've been lurking on this forum for a while and I've already read a lot about it.

But before I start taking any medicine to my body, I had hoped to get advice from you lot on what to do / or what you guys think of my crown and specifically the surrounding area. Here are some pictures I've taken.

http://imgur.com/a/6WUWs
    http://imgur.com/a/xo73S
    http://imgur.com/a/35aak

Unfortunately I do not have any material to compare with these pictures. I actually don't really know how my crown looked one, two or three years ago. My mother thinks I'm overreacting and that I'll be fine but ofcourse mother's advice isn't always best ;).

Do you guys think I'm starting to bald around my crown, or is it just the way my hair is shaped/formed (?). I've read something about a cowlick too but I have no clue as to if it relates to my problem as well. I'm not really a hair professional or anything, but I do think the rest of my hair seems thick and strong so that's why I'm very curious to see how you guys think.

Cheers
  • 08-13-2017 07:01 PM
    mrclean
    I wouldn't look at you and say you are going bald but it is a little thin on the top. Rogaine would be good for you if you want to try to thicken it up in that area.
  • 08-14-2017 08:32 PM
    wigschina
    i saw your picture, and i don't think you will be baldness, but you can avoid the things happen . eat some black food to let your blood go into the head.
  • 08-15-2017 09:14 PM
    mrclean
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wigschina View Post
    i saw your picture, and i don't think you will be baldness, but you can avoid the things happen . eat some black food to let your blood go into the head.

What?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212