Started RU 3 Weeks ago

Printable View

• 03-13-2013 10:08 PM
    jlantern
    Started RU 3 Weeks ago
    Allow me to start with a brief background so you can understand my case. I realized I had some temple recession early 20s, minox did the trick for the most part. I experienced a loss to NW2 during mid 20s now. I added fin and niz over 1 year ago. I would say the big three helped me stand my ground or even maybe gave me some but maybe not noticeable regrowth. My crown has thickened up a bit but still seems thin under certain light.

After the 1st week of RU I noticed sharp chest pains even more after drinking coffee. I went to the doctor and everything checked out fine. I dont experience the chest pains anymore and it feels more like heart burn. I will monitor that condition and raise it again to my doctor if I feel uncomfortable. I run and workout everyday and have no problems during exercise. I stopped drinking coffee all together being as I consumed over 600mg of caffeine a day from it

After 3 weeks of RU im noticing more regrowth than I have had with anything else. I just took pictures today and I hope to post them at the 3 month mark to compare. My regimen consists of RU 100mg morning and 100mg night. I just kicked it up for the next few days to see if I notice accelerated gains. In additional I use kirkland 5% minox, JASON biotin b complex shampoo / conditioner and 5,000 mgc biotin orally ED. I am also still taking fin 1.25g EOD.

My largest concern is doing what I can to convert these small short hairs over to terminal if the regrowth keeps as expected. With these topical's im worried im drying the hairs and hindering growth. Any suggestion here would be helpful.

I am looking for something to add to my arsenal. Im not sure if I want to go with Pro-n or capillogain tonic or both, i dont know if its worth the shot.

In short im eagerly waiting more results but I wanted to know anyone that has tried RU what type of regrowth they have expected within the first 2 -3 months and how important is keeping the hair moisturized?
  • 03-13-2013 10:26 PM
    hellouser
    200mg of RU per day plus Finasteride plus Minox should give awesome results. If youre not getting any side effects in regards to libido or erections, that is REALLY impressive.

Keep us posted with before and after pics if you can.

In regards to your question about results in 2-3 months, its tough to gauge because hair grows around 10-15cm in length per year, that averages to roughly 1cm per month. Since a lot of the medication we're using usually causes a shed which can last many months and another 5-6 weeks of the hair in a resting phase, 1 month is typically too short of a time to gauge growth although its often possible to see small hair sprout.

Since youre already on Fin and Minox its even more difficult to guess, perhaps its not just your hair getting longer rather than new terminal hairs?
  • 03-14-2013 07:20 AM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Since youre already on Fin and Minox its even more difficult to guess, perhaps its not just your hair getting longer rather than new terminal hairs?

My first 6 months of Fin/Min/Niz I noticed it slowing down and a small thickening in the diffuse area and crown.. 2 months of that held steady and the ladder 6 months I have noticed some miniturized hairs might have gotten longer but certainly nothing noticable to anyone else.

Since RU those miniturized hairs ive been watching have gotten longer and I am also noticing the same type of minitruized hairs creating a pattern similar to my original hairline.

As for libido mine was really high before fin and I think I like its down slightly lol it was way to too high before. I havn't notice really any libido loss while on RU but its already three weeks in.

I workout a lot and I have gotten gyno twice on FIN but I have nolva and letro left over from a cycle to resolve it.
  • 03-14-2013 09:50 AM
    Avodart
    Hey jlantern:

Good to hear that youre having positive results!

I just have a question man: Where do you get your RU from?
  • 03-14-2013 03:14 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Avodart View Post
    I just have a question man: Where do you get your RU from?

RU and KB from Kane
  • 03-14-2013 03:19 PM
    lilpauly
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jlantern View Post
    RU and KB from Kane

its one of three sources in which i have gotten good results from
  • 03-14-2013 03:25 PM
    jlantern
    lilpauly I read the arsenal you use on you hairline, what do you use to keep your hair from getting dry and promote growth?
  • 03-15-2013 07:06 AM
    HARIRI
    Quote:

lilpauly I read the arsenal you use on you hairline, what do you use to keep your hair from getting dry and promote growth?

jlantern,

1) Are you using Rogaine or any Minoxidil along with the RU58841?
    2) Are you using any oral DHT blocker along with RU58841?
    3) Which RU58841 strengh are you taking? 1% or 2% or 5%?
  • 03-15-2013 08:45 AM
    jlantern
    Hari, read my original post
  • 03-15-2013 03:55 PM
    HARIRI
    Quote:

Hari, read my original post

I did, you mentioned that you WERE using Minoxidil and Finasteride but are you STILL using them while you are using the RU58841 recently?

Also which strength of RU58841 are you taking? 1% or 2% or 5%? You said 200mg so what does this mean? Which strength is it? :confused:
  • 03-15-2013 04:10 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

I just kicked it up for the next few days to see if I notice accelerated gains. In additional I use kirkland 5% minox, JASON biotin b complex shampoo / conditioner and 5,000 mgc biotin orally ED. I am also still taking fin 1.25g EOD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    I did, you mentioned that you WERE using Minoxidil and Finasteride but are you STILL using them while you are using the RU58841 recently?

Also which strength of RU58841 are you taking? 1% or 2% or 5%? You said 200mg so what does this mean? Which strength is it? :confused:

Yes Minox Morning and night. I put it on usually before or after RU, I let RU/minox dry before I apply the next topical. I am using a 5 percent KB solution. I mix 100mg of RU + 2ml of KB.
    that is 2ml of 5 percent. I apply it to my temples and crown and whatever is left in the outter diffused areas.
  • 03-15-2013 04:27 PM
    HARIRI
    Thank you jlantern. Im just wondering, Minoxidil supplies blood to the hair follicle, while Finasterdie blocks DHT. How about RU? I think it plays the same role as Finasteride? So would it make a difference if used both? Correct if I am wrong Buddy.
  • 03-15-2013 10:07 PM
    jlantern
    Hari, Thank you for your interest. I feel you should start your own thread with your questions about fin and ru together
  • 03-16-2013 12:05 PM
    JJacobs152
    No pictures?
  • 03-16-2013 12:32 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    No pictures?

Just started will post before after pics. My hair is a very light color as it is, I dont think the camera will pick it up .. I have to look at the hair and a certain angle. The hair is getting longer and darker.

On a side note I noticed a hair pomade I use sometimes has castor oil in it as the primary ingredient. I am going to smear a put in my temple area to shorten up my concern with dryness. I also purchased capillogain and hope to add as soon as it arrives.
  • 03-19-2013 08:23 PM
    jlantern
    4 Week Update
    At week 2 I started applying it around my whole NW6 area. I saw some shedding got me worried. Its hard to tell if the shedding is still continuing but on the bright side my hairline is showing some nice thin hairs popping up and some of them are starting to get some length to them.
  • 03-20-2013 01:41 AM
    HARIRI
    Quote:

At week 2 I started applying it around my whole NW6 area. I saw some shedding got me worried. Its hard to tell if the shedding is still continuing but on the bright side my hairline is showing some nice thin hairs popping up and some of them are starting to get some length to them.

Thanks for the update. So you are applying Minoxidil 5% twice a day and RU 5% once a day? :confused:
  • 03-20-2013 07:04 AM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Thanks for the update. So you are applying Minoxidil 5% twice a day and RU 5% once a day? :confused:

Both are twice a day
  • 03-20-2013 09:16 AM
    Hairismylife
    Quote:

Both are twice a day

How much is your RU & KB?

And, Could you pm me kane's online order link?
  • 03-20-2013 12:20 PM
    Conpecia
    jlantern, can you give me some pointers on Letro? was thinking about getting some because i too have gyno from fin. is it an oral drug or injection? do i have to take it in conjunction with other stuff to kill the gyno or just standalone? any sides i should be worried about? really don't know much about it but desperate to kill off this gyno before it becomes permanent...

btw won't the gyno just come back over and over if you keep taking fin? do you plan on taking letro and fin in conjunction for the long haul?
  • 03-20-2013 10:56 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    jlantern, can you give me some pointers on Letro? was thinking about getting some because i too have gyno from fin. is it an oral drug or injection? do i have to take it in conjunction with other stuff to kill the gyno or just standalone? any sides i should be worried about? really don't know much about it but desperate to kill off this gyno before it becomes permanent...

btw won't the gyno just come back over and over if you keep taking fin? do you plan on taking letro and fin in conjunction for the long haul?

I only get gyno when I lift really heavy and eat heavy. I feel like it goes hand and hand with my test levels. I use it when I feel sore, which has been 2 over 14 months for about 2 weeks. Its oral and I use 2.5ml
  • 03-22-2013 06:45 AM
    Conpecia
    thanks for the help
  • 03-22-2013 11:38 AM
    jlantern
    My diffused area and vertex have thinned out a bit since the start of RU /Callipogain. I hope this is a sign of it working. Does anyone know if using 200 mg does more harm than good?
  • 03-25-2013 02:58 AM
    Pate
    I can't see any reason why 200 mg RU would do harm. Not to your hair at any rate, it's probably not optimal for your body but unless you're super sensitive to androgens you should be okay.

I've been on 1ml of 5% for 2.5 months now and I'm shedding like a bitch. Definitely more than normal. No idea whether I'm getting regrowth yet. Nothing obvious. But I'm hoping it's a good sign. I will keep using it for 6 months and then reevaluate.

Hurry up CB!!!!
  • 03-25-2013 03:42 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    I can't see any reason why 200 mg RU would do harm. Not to your hair at any rate, it's probably not optimal for your body but unless you're super sensitive to androgens you should be okay.

I've been on 1ml of 5% for 2.5 months now and I'm shedding like a bitch. Definitely more than normal. No idea whether I'm getting regrowth yet. Nothing obvious. But I'm hoping it's a good sign. I will keep using it for 6 months and then reevaluate.

Hurry up CB!!!!

im shedding pretty healthy but I can see areas that have gotten thicker. In the long we all know shedding is good. If I start shedding to fast i will drop to 100mg. But everything is looking good for me right now
  • 03-25-2013 03:50 PM
    hellouser
    Wouldn't it be more beneficial to use 150mg of RU on its own and the other 50mg as an added bonus to Minoxidil (1ml containing 50mg of minox and 50mg of RU). Would probably work much better for reducing DHT at longer intervals than in one shot.
  • 03-25-2013 03:50 PM
    LongWayHome
    I need to ask you all, what RU do you use? Kane, MPB's, Ontario...?
    I started a topic in Men's general discussion about MPB treatments and their credibility.
    I ordered the RU plus 5% from them and now asking myself was it a mistake?
  • 03-25-2013 08:08 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LongWayHome View Post
    I need to ask you all, what RU do you use? Kane, MPB's, Ontario...?
    I started a topic in Men's general discussion about MPB treatments and their credibility.
    I ordered the RU plus 5% from them and now asking myself was it a mistake?

I use Kanes its certainly legit, however I order AHK-Cu from mpb and I should have it in a few weeks.. Ill use it until it runs out then opt for Kanes and get an opinion.
  • 03-26-2013 06:33 PM
    jlantern
    Since I have been applying RU and Minox to my diffuse area I am seeing LOTs of scalp now. Mostly when wet and/or applying a topical. This is due to the shedding im experiencing with RU and possibly the more regular application of Minox. It shedding to where it might make me nervous if it continues at this rate. I am completely aware the shedding is apart of the process.

As for the hairline, shedding has continued. I see mostly thin or almost invisible hairs falling out. given the shed I am still seeing more small hairs pop up. I figure it will take many many shedding cycles for these hairs to become thicker or even terminal. I hope the addition of AHK-Cu Copper Peptides will aid in this area.

As for my crown, its looking a bit thin.. Teasing the hair out in the back seems to help but under certain light you can see my scalp. I really hope this area thickens up ASAP. I have always regularly applied Minox to this area and I hope Niz and RU will do its work. In the crown I am also seeing very thin hairs shed from that area.
  • 03-27-2013 08:56 PM
    jlantern
    Here you can see the little hairs growing in after a month. My hair color as you can see if light so is the new growth, its started to get a little color but I am afraid it will be a few months before we see it get thicker.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5246/photoowa.jpg
  • 03-27-2013 11:39 PM
    HARIRI
    Thanks for updating jlantern. You will be the first member in the forum who shares his RU58441 results in photos. Keep it up Bro.
  • 03-28-2013 01:47 PM
    jlantern
    The shedding has stopped. Im seeing almost no hair fall out or in my hands today. We'll see how this lasts.
  • 03-28-2013 02:27 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Since I have been applying RU and Minox to my diffuse area I am seeing LOTs of scalp now. Mostly when wet and/or applying a topical. This is due to the shedding im experiencing with RU and possibly the more regular application of Minox. It shedding to where it might make me nervous if it continues at this rate. I am completely aware the shedding is apart of the process.

As for the hairline, shedding has continued. I see mostly thin or almost invisible hairs falling out. given the shed I am still seeing more small hairs pop up. I figure it will take many many shedding cycles for these hairs to become thicker or even terminal. I hope the addition of AHK-Cu Copper Peptides will aid in this area.

As for my crown, its looking a bit thin.. Teasing the hair out in the back seems to help but under certain light you can see my scalp. I really hope this area thickens up ASAP. I have always regularly applied Minox to this area and I hope Niz and RU will do its work. In the crown I am also seeing very thin hairs shed from that area.

I'm in the same boat. After adding Minox 5% in December I've been constantly shedding and everytime I apply either Minox or RU my hair looks painfully bad. So much so that I've quit using product when styling, I just keep my hair flat and straight now to hide the thinning. Hopefully I wont have to ride this bullshit for long until regrowth happens.

However, I'm seeing many new hairs behind the hairline and theyve been coming for about 1-2 months and theyre constantly growing. This using only RU and Minox makes me feel pretty confident I can get more density than what I had before starting Minox 5%... hopefully once I start CB and potentially Keratene things will improve even more. I'm still saving up pennies for a treatment with Dr. Gho either in London or Holland, which should lessen my social disadvantage. F*ck, I hate balding :(
  • 03-28-2013 07:38 PM
    Thinning87
    Wow good job with the regrowth but I don't understand how you can take medicinals like this without even knowing if they will have some short/long term side effects on you.
  • 03-28-2013 08:16 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Wow good job with the regrowth but I don't understand how you can take medicinals like this without even knowing if they will have some short/long term side effects on you.

Fin is much much worst than RU, fin is approved by the FDA even
  • 03-29-2013 10:12 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Thanks for updating jlantern. You will be the first member in the forum who shares his RU58441 results in photos. Keep it up Bro.

Thanks HARIRI, I am starting to notice a pattern to how the hair sheds, at least for me. seems the hair closets to the thickest sheds first. Then when the hairs closer to the outside reach or start to grow at the same rate those hairs shed.

Right now I feel like the shedding has stabilized. The speed of growth to hairs shed seem to be even. I am happy to continue this pace. I hope to offer new pictures in the next 6 weeks.

I just added Prox-n to the mix. We'll see how this works out. As for callipogain, the ginseng keeps me from sleeping at night so I am applying it in the AM. Its to early to tell but I feel like since I started the short hairs at the hair line has gotten longer. Never the less its progress and I am happy
  • 03-29-2013 11:00 PM
    HARIRI
    J lantern, Could you please tell us your whole regime to have an idea?

I believe that you are taking Minoxidil 5% and RU 5%. Am I right? What else?
  • 03-30-2013 02:57 AM
    LongWayHome
    I would like to know your regimen as well,
    and more than that, where did you buy the RU from, mpb's?
  • 03-30-2013 08:38 AM
    jlantern
    Quote:

J lantern, Could you please tell us your whole regime to have an idea?

I believe that you are taking Minoxidil 5% and RU 5%. Am I right? What else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongWayHome View Post
    I would like to know your regimen as well,
    and more than that, where did you buy the RU from, mpb's?

My RU Source is Kane. I hope to purchase from the group buy coming up soon.

Here is my complete breakdown:
    AM Shower with JASON Biotin Shampoo Conditioner http://www.amazon.com/Jason-Natural-...s=jason+biotin

EOD I use Niz 1%, I think I might discontinue use of it due it being harsh on hair. I feel that with the other topical anti-androgens I wont need it. Also considering the amount of topical's, I want to keep my hair very healthy.

on a Dry Scalp apply 100mg of RU in 2ml of KB solution all over nw6. I wait 30 minutes or so (finish getting ready for work) then apply minox on vertex and hairline, let dry apply prox-n. I use crew pomade to style my hair. I dap a bit on the temple area. the pomade is castor oil. I use this to maintain moisture during the day.
    http://www.amazon.com/American-Crew-...ds=crew+pomade to

PM shower wash hair with JASON shampoo, RU and Callipogain. minox on vertex. prox-n
    apply lotion to temples vertex.

I want to stress the importance to keeping your hair healthy while treating it for MPB. From what I have read on this forum there is almost no concern for moisture or health. I figure that is why for some people these solutions dont work. You might be killing your hair while getting rid of DHT. castor oil and lotion has worked well for me. Also the shampoo I use helps a lot too.
  • 03-30-2013 09:13 AM
    jlantern
    I also forgot to mention EOD 1.25mg fin, 5mg ED biotin and multivitamin

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth