• 09-23-2017 08:02 AM
    littlerich68
    Understanding the Artas Machine ??
    Hello All:

I am in the process of getting a hair transplant just doing my research and trying to become a well informed patient. Can someone clarify some questions regarding the Artas Robotic Machine.
    Please excuse my ignorance if I am asking redundant or obvious questions.

1. Does the law require a licensed Medical Doctor use the machine ? Preferably a surgeon?
    2. How many grafts can the Artas perform in a normal days session ?
    3. Does the Artas extract and implant the grafts ? Its not clear when looking at procedures online ?
    4. Does the Artas make the recipient sites ?
    5. I have read in more than one article that many doctors have stated that manual tools produce better results than the Artas machine.

If anyone has the time to help me with the questions above I would greatly appreciate it !!!
    Thanks
    Littlerich68
  • 09-24-2017 01:16 AM
    Spex
    Hi Little Rich,

Welcome abord.

1. Not to my knowledge but in the industry anything can happen so get informed. ONLY use a surgeon who is experience and has a plethora of results to show you.
    A good starting point is reviewing the IAHRS list and finding a surgeon close to you to get a consultation and start getting informed.

2. On average with a competent surgeon and team to oversea and assist the machine i believe it can extract anything btw 2000-2500 safely but depends on the patient and their physiology.

3. Currently the ARTAS machine ( again to my knowledge ) only extracts the FU.

4. There was a video i watched which involved Dr Bob Bernstein talking about the machine making the incisions. I think we might be waiting on that software/ advancement. Personally i would only want an experienced surgeon doing this part as its all about The Artistry !

5. You will read countless articles and topics where different Drs have different opinions. This will always be the case.

Find surgeons who results you really like and try meet them in person and consult with them. Then go from there!

Regards
    Spex
  • 09-24-2017 04:26 AM
    littlerich68
    Spex

Thank you for the information. You are so correct when you said "countless articles and topics where different Drs have different opinions" I will visit the IAHRS and review the doctors and websites.

Very much appreciated...
    Littlerich68
  • 09-24-2017 02:32 PM
    J_B_Davis
    Spex always gives good information and he is right in saying to check with an IAHRS doctor who uses the ARTAS. These doctors are real hair transplant surgeons and know how to use the machine properly. I think the message that is always discussed here and on The Bald Truth is that the ARTAS robot is just another tool that can be used well by doctors who know how to use it, but from everything I have seen there is no clear advantage of going for a robotic operation over having an expert FUE doctor extracting the grafts using another tool. I personally believe a great FUE doctor who uses smaller tools is a better overall option, so I would talk to doctors who use the ARTAS and use other tools for FUE also. They will probably be able to help you make a more educated decision.
  • 09-25-2017 01:00 AM
    GroughBack
    Spex,

Have you had chance to to look into seeing if this could happen or not?
    THREAD: Cutting Edge Update Suggestion
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ate-Suggestion.
  • 09-26-2017 01:41 AM
    Spex
    No worries.

I know Spencer Kobren is always open to having people on his show from the industry.
    Why not call in yourself to the show and mention it to Spencer Kobren and Joe and discuss it with them live and get their input.
    They are always open to a good old chat with regards to anything hair loss related.
    Regards
    Spex
  • 09-26-2017 12:25 PM
    Winston
    Dear GroughBack,

As per our forum policies all threads taken off topic are subject to moderation. Please take the time to read our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service. Members are responsible to learn and follow all rules and policies in order to participate on this forum. With that said, Spex made an excellent suggestion.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

How can I promote my own business?
08-31-2022 01:29 PM
Last Post By samibaceri
Today 01:30 AM
Dr Woods doinf European tour?
09-15-2012 03:44 AM
by didi
Last Post By kathysmith