• 09-23-2012 07:15 AM
    catgreeneyes
    Can anyone answer my question ?
    hi all ! What I'm curious to know is if adult acne is down to too much androgen hormone why do all people with adult acne not get hair loss too ? Why only some of them ? How can dht or androgens only affect the skin and not the hair or vice versa ?
  • 09-23-2012 07:22 AM
    UK_
    Acne and hair loss are neither down to simply high androgens, it's more about your genetic sensitivity to those androgens.
  • 09-24-2012 08:30 AM
    catgreeneyes
    Ok so if say two people have Androgen sensitivity why will one get hairloss from head and acne and the other only acne ?
  • 09-24-2012 04:28 PM
    UK_
    Because it depends what you're sensitive to, acne works in a completely different way to hair loss.

Biology>Physics in complexity.
  • 09-25-2012 03:27 AM
    catgreeneyes
    Could you explain how acne works differently to hairloss in sensitivity ? I have acne and hairloss due to suspected pcos but my androgens are normal .My symptoms only started 6 months ago .before this l had perfect skin and hair .Im finding it hard to cope with as l don't know what's causing it yet for certain and l have a bad case of acne all over face and body and diffuse hair loss .Every spot l get leaves a dark HYperpigmentation mark also which is really depressing me because l know how hard they are to get rid of.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth