• 10-10-2016 10:38 AM
    rbrown
    L'Oreal is attempting to 3D print living hair follicles
  • 10-10-2016 08:16 PM
    allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
    "These come from alopecia patients, after hair surgery, but it is also possible to take a patient’s own cells and multiply them in a laboratory."

As far as I'm aware, cell multiplication is the thing that's been holding hair cloning back anyway - the cells degrade more with each generation they're multiplied into.
  • 10-11-2016 08:17 AM
    rbrown
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    "These come from alopecia patients, after hair surgery, but it is also possible to take a patient’s own cells and multiply them in a laboratory."

As far as I'm aware, cell multiplication is the thing that's been holding hair cloning back anyway - the cells degrade more with each generation they're multiplied into.

Cosmetic companies have loads of money and finally one of them seems interested in investing in finding a real treatment not some bullshit lotion. So just keep our fingers crossed.
  • 10-11-2016 11:32 AM
    BoSox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    Cosmetic companies have loads of money and finally one of them seems interested in investing in finding a real treatment not some bullshit lotion. So just keep our fingers crossed.

Yes! They seem really confident as well. I haven't seen anything mentioned about time. How far are they in this ?
  • 10-11-2016 04:58 PM
    allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrown View Post

I hope they crack it... but if it comes down to getting cells to multiply through enough generations without degrading, I'd bet on one of the teams that have already had a few years' headstart on the problem.
  • 10-25-2016 06:04 PM
    Swooping
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    I hope they crack it... but if it comes down to getting cells to multiply through enough generations without degrading, I'd bet on one of the teams that have already had a few years' headstart on the problem.

http://global.kyocera.com/news/2016/0702_nfid.html

Tsuji is very close to cracking the culturing problem.
  • 10-26-2016 02:16 AM
    Ibra
    The cure is here soon my friends ! I want a pitt hairline :)
  • 10-26-2016 12:29 PM
    BoSox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibra View Post

Source ?
  • 10-26-2016 03:21 PM
    garethbale
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibra View Post

In theory it may be here soon, i.e. proof of concept.

In practice however, it's years away.
  • 10-26-2016 06:59 PM
    allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    http://global.kyocera.com/news/2016/0702_nfid.html

Tsuji is very close to cracking the culturing problem.

I've been somewhat aware of his approach but hadn't yet seen anything not involving a mouse study.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth