Replicel - FAIL

Printable View

• 05-01-2012 04:43 AM
    Kiwi
    Replicel - FAIL
    Bummer. Was really looking forward to their update.... what a let down.
  • 05-01-2012 05:04 AM
    PvH
    you were somehow compelled to start a new thread with nothing to add.

but hey, first!
  • 05-01-2012 05:23 AM
    BoSox
    wtf, why would anybody make a post like this? They haven't even released their results..can't you wait 1-2 days to post this crap?
  • 05-01-2012 05:37 AM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PvH View Post
    you were somehow compelled to start a new thread with nothing to add.

but hey, first!

It's symbolic dude. This is as empty as the promise for an April update...
  • 05-01-2012 05:38 AM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    wtf, why would anybody make a post like this? They haven't even released their results..can't you wait 1-2 days to post this crap?

No
  • 05-01-2012 05:59 AM
    Pate
    Huh... and now Kiwi's trolling. What has this forum come to...
  • 05-01-2012 06:37 AM
    NeedHairASAP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Bummer. Was really looking forward to their update.... what a let down.

i told you.

i said month ago that they weren't actually going to release on time, because they gave vague dates of when it would happen.. aka easier to slither out of obligations you made

Im trying to find my posts where i predicted this happening but theyre so many pages in that pathetic replicel thread that I can't find it
  • 05-01-2012 07:59 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    i told you.

i said month ago that they weren't actually going to release on time, because they gave vague dates of when it would happen.. aka easier to slither out of obligations you made

Im trying to find my posts where i predicted this happening but theyre so many pages in that pathetic replicel thread that I can't find it

It's starting to feel like some people are rooting for the dark side just so they can come back and slap people with a "I told you so!".
  • 05-01-2012 08:16 AM
    inkt2002
    stock down another 30% today after yesterdays sell off.
  • 05-01-2012 08:26 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    More like RepliFAIL.

Oh well...

Wasn't a let down for me because I knew this will happen.

To another 5-10 years gentlemen!

Just means aderans, follica and histogen will fight it out.

Tbf on replicel they came into the competition late. Don't know why everyone is getting dramatic. Its not like they were not a front runner anyway.

Others are in phase 2
  • 05-01-2012 08:28 AM
    eqvist
    I really think that they have some semi good results. If they hade totally flopped we should know abut it now.
  • 05-01-2012 09:23 AM
    NeedHairASAP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
    It's starting to feel like some people are rooting for the dark side just so they can come back and slap people with a "I told you so!".

not rooting for anything. Just saying the reality that I said would happen did happen.
  • 05-01-2012 10:00 AM
    john2399
    Tomorrow will be the big day...than you can post all the negative stuff
  • 05-01-2012 10:06 AM
    Dasani
    This thread is completely pointless, doesn't help anyone get any new information. And it's May 1st, jesus give Replicel a break. So they need a couple days to finish up. Stop being an emotional train wreck and get a hold of yourself.
  • 05-01-2012 10:18 AM
    sausage
    delete this thread sum1, kiwi is doing a scorpion on us.
  • 05-01-2012 12:42 PM
    clandestine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    delete this thread sum1, kiwi is doing a scorpion on us.

Agreed. Kiwi; This isn't hair site. Kick rocks, your negativity is contagious.

This^ edited from an admittedly more harsh response to your childish postings.
  • 05-01-2012 01:15 PM
    VictimOfDHT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by inkt2002 View Post
    stock down another 30% today after yesterdays sell off.

Is it a good time to buy.... a failing company's share? Lol
  • 05-01-2012 01:24 PM
    Tracy C
    You guys almost crack me up with this nonsence.
  • 05-02-2012 07:35 AM
    Goldilocks
    Well the results are up on their website and they're pretty dismal.
  • 05-02-2012 11:35 AM
    eqvist
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eqvist View Post
    I really think that they have some semi good results. If they hade totally flopped we should know abut it now.

I told ya! :cool:
  • 05-02-2012 11:39 AM
    ejj
    never mind , will defo be a cure in ..... `5 years ` :rolleyes:
  • 05-02-2012 12:30 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    I'm amazed people are trying to sugar coat this. The results are horrible. Just being real.
  • 05-02-2012 01:45 PM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Agreed. Kiwi; This isn't hair site. Kick rocks, your negativity is contagious.

This^ edited from an admittedly more harsh response to your childish postings.

Bite me.

I've been coming here for years and I make efforts to be honest and real. I message people privately and try to help people like me that have suffered or are suffering now. I don't like speculation and I'll always point it out if I see it.

Replicel don't need our pity. Ther are all very rich and on the share market.They need to man the truck up if they are going to make public comments and promise dates.

I fight for the user.
  • 05-02-2012 01:47 PM
    Kiwi
    I'm not sure the results are terrible.

Like Tracy says, it might take time for the hairs to go terminal. Which would be awesome.

Also if this halts hair loss it's great for balding brothers that haven't lost all their hair yet.

On that basis alone they have a multi billion dollar product. Don't cry for RepliCel.
  • 05-02-2012 01:48 PM
    JJJJrS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eqvist View Post
    I told ya! :cool:

Are you seriously patting yourself on the back and suggesting these results are even "semi-good?" They spent a month analyzing the data to portray it in the best possible light and 3% was the best number they could come up with. Placebos often report better results than that. Histogen and Aderans reported far more impressive numbers and even included pictures and yet people aren't so excited about them. From these results, which were from a an elevated dosage, we have no indication that this product works at all.

Replicel has been a fiasco. For the past month they've been paying mickey mouse financial websites and analysts big money to advertise their stock and claim that a "billion dollar cure is on the way" before "retracting" it in the last minute. They mislead a lot of desperate people on this forum.

I'm an optimistic guy and always try to look at things from the bright side. I want to see Replicel succeed as much as anybody here. But I have no faith in Replicel at all and I'm not happy with the unprofessional approach they have taken.
  • 05-02-2012 01:55 PM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Are you seriously patting yourself on the back and suggesting these results are even "semi-good?" They spent a month analyzing the data to portray it in the best possible light and 3% was the best number they could come up with. Placebos often report better results than that. Histogen and Aderans reported far more impressive numbers and even included pictures and yet people aren't so excited about them. From these results, which were from a an elevated dosage, we have no indication that this product works at all.

Replicel has been a fiasco. For the past month they've been paying mickey mouse financial websites and analysts big money to advertise their stock and claim that a "billion dollar cure is on the way" before "retracting" it in the last minute. They mislead a lot of desperate people on this forum.

I'm an optimistic guy and always try to look at things from the bright side. I want to see Replicel succeed as much as anybody here. But I have no faith in Replicel at all and I'm not happy with the unprofessional approach they have taken.

I'm no sure I agree fully with all of this either. Like I said, if RepliCel can halt hairloss they are going to make a crap ton on money.
  • 05-02-2012 02:08 PM
    JJJJrS
    Quote:

I'm no sure I agree fully with all of this either. Like I said, if RepliCel can halt hairloss they are going to make a crap ton on money.

If you remember David Hall's previous interviews with Spencer, he said anything less than 20% is a disappointment and that they fully expected to beat that number. Based on the expectations that Replicel themselves created (and I haven't even mentioned the shameless, paid promotions), there is no doubt that this is a huge disappointment.

If they could halt hair loss, that's a different story, but we have no indication of that at all. Based on the reported results, we can see that Histogen and Aderans are far further ahead and even their results are not particularly impressive.

It is my belief that Replicel will struggle to get funding going forward and I have serious doubts whether they will survive as a company for much longer. The fact that they had to resort to these over the top, paid advertisements in the first place seems to indicate as much.
  • 05-02-2012 02:14 PM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    If you remember David Hall's previous interviews with Spencer, he said anything less than 20% is a disappointment and that they fully expected to beat that number. Based on the expectations that Replicel themselves created (and I haven't even mentioned the shameless, paid promotions), there is no doubt that this is a huge disappointment.

If they could halt hair loss, that's a different story, but we have no indication of that at all. Based on the reported results, we can see that Histogen and Aderans are far further ahead and even their results are not particularly impressive.

It is my belief that Replicel will struggle to get funding going forward and I have serious doubts whether they will survive as a company for much longer. The fact that they had to resort to these over the top, paid advertisements in the first place seems to indicate as much.

I totally agree with you about Histogen. I think they are up there. I was also baffled by the moronic excitement about RepliCel - even if they do hit 20% in phase 2 they are still years off being able to sell it. Unlike Histogen and Aderans who are wrapping up Phase 2, RepliCel is miles away from that.

And to anybody who wants to give me the "but they said they can get it into asia before USA... blah blah".... Histogen said exactly the same thing. Exactly. And they are still a few years off.

In terms of your belief. That doesnt need to be here. You're speculating and doing what they do... but in reverse!?!?!

You don't actually know jack didly about their funding. Neither do I. And neither does anybody here. For all you know Donald Trump is funding it and money will never be an issue.

Peace bro.
  • 05-02-2012 02:25 PM
    ccmethinning
    It's naive to think that funding won't be an issue for RepliCel. I've read their 20-F and they have little cash on hand. They will not be able to borrow money with their poor results and few assets, and before these less than stellar results they had to make an equity offering at $1.50/share (which was well below market price at the time) and only took in a couple million dollars. David Hall is going to have to go all out salesman and suck some people off if they are going to raise money (that's of course if after they sleep on today they even want to proceed to phase II).
  • 05-02-2012 02:28 PM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    It's naive to think that funding won't be an issue for RepliCel. I've read their 20-F and they have little cash on hand. They will not be able to borrow money with their poor results and few assets, and before these less than stellar results they had to make an equity offering at $1.50/share (which was well below market price at the time) and only took in a couple million dollars. David Hall is going to have to go all out salesman and suck some people off if they are going to raise money (that's of course if after they sleep on today they even want to proceed to phase II).

Blah blah blah. Do you work on wall street? Do you have the existing personal relationships with their existing investors that they do (whereby they talk to each other). Have you ever raised millions of dollars before yourself.

Or are you speculating and just telling us your theory on how these things might appear to work in your mind.
  • 05-02-2012 02:41 PM
    JJJJrS
    Quote:

In terms of your belief. That doesnt need to be here. You're speculating and doing what they do... but in reverse!?!?!

You don't actually know jack didly about their funding. Neither do I. And neither does anybody here. For all you know Donald Trump is funding it and money will never be an issue.

Peace bro.

If funding wasn't an issue and they were confident with their work, I don't think the would have paid mickey mouse financial websites and Tobin Smith to hype their stock.

I also have a hard time believing investors will be lining up after everything that has just happened and with the reported figure of 3% growth. There is a reason the stock is going down big time right now.

Either way, I agree that there's no point speculating too much into their finances but common sense certainly brings up some concerns. Didn't David Hall himself say that if the results were underwhelming (and he was fully expecting >20%) that they wouldn't bother continuing?
  • 05-02-2012 03:50 PM
    ejj
    I feel sorry for the guys who have had this treatment , the long term results are completly unknown , wonder what shape they will be in ,in a few years
  • 05-02-2012 04:00 PM
    ejj
    thats my point , you dont get to hear, unless like in 2006 when it was all over the news when the drug company TeGenero AG tested an anti inflamatory drug that put six patients in intensive care , shortly afterwards it just dropped out of the news and was forgotton by the general public , short term memory i suppose
  • 05-02-2012 06:14 PM
    sickly_burnt_tree_forest
    what a horrible let down, i think its safe to say replicel is done unfortunately...no hair = no funding, thats the bottom line. This is such a depressing day for all us that suffer this disease :(
  • 05-02-2012 06:18 PM
    john2399
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sickly_burnt_tree_forest View Post
    what a horrible let down, i think its safe to say replicel is done unfortunately...no hair = no funding, thats the bottom line. This is such a depressing day for all us that suffer this disease :(

Lets wait till after the interview with what david hall says. Remember he is the expert not us ignorant hair loss people. It is depressing results but maybe he can explain why there was such little regrowth and what they have to do to improve them.
  • 05-02-2012 06:23 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Replicel is done I'd imagine. I think only Aderans realistically have something coming this decade. They're pretty much done with phase 2.

Btw, I did say before that halting hairloss for good would be a huge step, and indeed it would, but if they can only revive old weak miniturised hairs (I mean cell therapies in general) and can't grow brand new follicles then I really can't see it being the case that one round of injections makes hair immune to balding forever.

There are cell based therapies out there for other conditions and some of them are only transient in terms of efficacy so repeated doses are needed. Bear this in mind too when people try to sugar coat Replicel's results. I'd bet that those hairs that did become terminal will improve for maybe a bit longer into this cycle and then begin to miniturise again after a while.
  • 05-02-2012 07:14 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Replicel is done I'd imagine. I think only Aderans realistically have something coming this decade. They're pretty much done with phase 2.

Btw, I did say before that halting hairloss for good would be a huge step, and indeed it would, but if they can only revive old weak miniturised hairs (I mean cell therapies in general) and can't grow brand new follicles then I really can't see it being the case that one round of injections makes hair immune to balding forever.

There are cell based therapies out there for other conditions and some of them are only transient in terms of efficacy so repeated doses are needed. Bear this in mind too when people try to sugar coat Replicel's results. I'd bet that those hairs that did become terminal will improve for maybe a bit longer into this cycle and then begin to miniturise again after a while.

What about histogen, they had better results then Aderans in Phase 1.
  • 05-02-2012 07:26 PM
    sickly_burnt_tree_forest
    I think David Hall will just give a very good song and dance and we all will be mesmerized by his flowing locks and hope for some idiot investors that will allow him to beat the dead horse for the next couple years. Sorry for the negativeity, im sure everyone is just as dissapointed. rest in peace replicel, it was a good try but no cigar.
  • 05-02-2012 08:16 PM
    VictimOfDHT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Lets wait till after the interview with what david hall says. Remember he is the expert not us ignorant hair loss people. It is depressing results but maybe he can explain why there was such little regrowth and what they have to do to improve them.

Ha ha ha. "he's the expert not us ignorant hair loss people" !! Keep living in your fantasy world. Wake up and smell the coffee. Doesn't matter how you cut it, Replicel is looking a lot like a FAILURE.
    Amazing how some people are so scared of facing the (bitter) truth that they think by denying it they're going to make it go away so they can continue to live in their fantasy. Living in denial and attacking others WHO ARE ONLY BEING REALISTIC and who see things as they are WON'T change anything, buddy.

What do you think Hall is going to tell us? That it was just a bad joke and that Replicel has the magical cure now?

People, just start saving up for an HT with Gho. Looks like he's the only half ass decent solution we have....and we'll have for the next 20 years at least.
  • 05-02-2012 11:41 PM
    sickly_burnt_tree_forest
    The only thing i want to read about from now on is a company that can wake the stem cells, everything else is rubbish, it will cost way too much for some homer simpson hair, screw that.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth