• 03-21-2011 12:24 PM
    RichardDawkins
    Nope i only say, that even a veteran has to choose his words carefully. Acell is made from pig bladder but what its used for is as an ECM.

I did not want to attack you personally but if you try to dismiss something that fast, please have the decency to give an accurate statement what this is ;-)

Ans its not "simply" some Snake Oil, thats what i aim for. Because Acell is not only used as PRP injection or whatsoever there are plenty more things they can work on.

You said it yourself, people should do more research, and thats what i advise to you, do some research about Acell etc and then you can give another statement ;-) about Acell ^^
  • 03-21-2011 02:49 PM
    SilverSurfer
    @ Richard
    Do you know when will ACell become available in Europe?
  • 03-21-2011 11:01 PM
    I Wish Hair Grew
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Nope i only say, that even a veteran has to choose his words carefully. Acell is made from pig bladder but what its used for is as an ECM.

I did not want to attack you personally but if you try to dismiss something that fast, please have the decency to give an accurate statement what this is ;-)

Ans its not "simply" some Snake Oil, thats what i aim for. Because Acell is not only used as PRP injection or whatsoever there are plenty more things they can work on.

You said it yourself, people should do more research, and thats what i advise to you, do some research about Acell etc and then you can give another statement ;-) about Acell ^^

I'm not being dismissive of Acell or PRP(which I had done on two separate occasions). I'm being realistic to their effectiveness on the underlining goal, getting hair density, thus confidence. I'm not interested in strands of miniature hair growth, if any

If Acell worked as great as you claim, then there would be clinics that does strictly Acell and PRP, with HTs being optional. But the reverse is true, so that in it self suggest something

Could you provide some before/after pixs of Acell and or PRP that showes their effectiveness in regrowing hair density?

Talks of how great something will be, versus how great and effective it is now, has been the reoccurring theme in hair loss for years
  • 11-13-2011 10:15 AM
    morrison
    Quote:

Originally Posted by I Wish Hair Grew View Post
    I've had 3 HT, and now have to deal with the dreaded HT scar. I'm very conscious of it and very desperate to get it "fixed," furthermore, I would like to get some more density on top

Sometime early last year, I learned about artistry concept's services. I stalked their websites for a couple months. I could almost repeat the summaries verbatim that accompanied each of their customer's picture on the website.
    Researched countless hair forums to get info about them.

Then finally, I sent an email about their services with pictures.
    I had email convo with Gale Hartvigsen ,Director . She quoted me a price range of $6500 - $8500:confused:. As she puts it, that's the normal cost for HT patients because you need to apply the procedure twice and the price also covers what is not seen in the pics

she then warns me that the price will increase in the next couple months :eek: Why? I don't know since there will be no difference in my hair situation but I was just too anxious to get the job done.

So just like most HT scar victims, I was very narrow in my analyst of the my situation and thought that Artistry was my only option to finally regain some comfort and confidence. So after she quoted the price, I sought out to save and raise about $6500 because I really wanted this procedure and a chance at a "normal existence"

To make a long story short , luckily, I have a friend who is the only person that knows about my HT situation and low confidence because of it. We sat down one night and he helped me to fully analyze the situation.

And we came to the conclusion that Artistry Concepts is offering a predatory service. If you ever had an HT, then you are viewed as the most desperate, thus your price will be inflated simply because you're more likely to pay anything because you are more desperate than another dude who is simply balding

My suggestion to my fellow HT scar victims, PLEASE do your research about other companies that provide this type service. AC is not the only one or the best out here. This is your hair we're talking about, so don't make traveling an excuse if need be. If you're in Florida, don't take the easy route and goto AC because it's closer because they are preying on the desperate and those of us hesitant to travel

I found another place that provides the same service that I'm going with. I'm being charged about $2700 - $3200. I'm not going to specify which one because I'm not here to promote any company, just to remind you guys that you have options out there, especially if you're willing to travel out of your state or country

'I Wish Hair Grew', did you end up having the procedure done with another company? If so, how has it held up and are you happy with how it turned out?
  • 11-13-2011 07:09 PM
    jgq85
    lol didn't see this until after I posted.

Thanks for the lead.

I haven't got a quote from AC yet because they told me to wait 2 years from when I got my HT scar.

I'll probably get a quote in December.
  • 12-16-2011 06:50 PM
    I Wish Hair Grew
    Quote:

Originally Posted by morrison View Post
    'I Wish Hair Grew', did you end up having the procedure done with another company? If so, how has it held up and are you happy with how it turned out?

I'm very happy with it. Since I had a few transplants, I have some hair that compliments the procedure

I suggest staying away from a strip HT and do FUE so that you could get some hair without a linear scar. Then get the shading procedure to compliment it...trust me, you will be happy with keeping a buzz cut
  • 12-16-2011 07:11 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

she then warns me that the price will increase in the next couple months. I don't know since there will be no difference in my hair situation

It's a standard business trick to hook customers on their first visit/inquiry by telling them that the price is about to go up significantly (or that they're eligible for a special "introductory discount," but only if they sign up today). It's intended to lure potential customers into taking the plunge right away, because the businesses know that if they allow the potential customers time to think about it, they likely won't be back.
  • 12-18-2011 11:50 AM
    morrison
    Quote:

she then warns me that the price will increase in the next couple months :eek: Why? I don't know since there will be no difference in my hair situation

They seem like a Bunch of crooks if you ask me! Preying on peoples insecurities to lure them into making rash decisions :mad:
  • 12-05-2018 12:20 PM
    Jason1975
    Artistry Concept Review
    After doing some due diligence I chose Artistry Concepts Mark Weston to do my SMP. I give Mark a rating of 5 out of 10. Mark did a good job of selling himself and detailing his process. His office was clean and professional. He worked diligently and did the job all in one day.

My concerns came during the SMP process. In conversation, Mark stressed that all other SMP companies are fakes. He validates his statement by saying, he was the first to come up with the process and shows his patented tattoo needle. Additionally, he states that all other SMP companies were overpriced and do poor quality jobs that required numerous visits. I found this type of slander unprofessional and in some cases an outright lie.

Prior to the procedure, you are required to sign a one-sided agreement. This agreement covers Artistry Concepts(AC) and attempts to devoid the consumer of any recourse. Furthermore, the agreement restricts anyone from speaking about their experience at Artistry Concept. Post-procedure you are videotaped during a question and answer session. During the videotaping, the post care process is detailed and additional disclaimers are read.

To get to the point, my first issue is with the ink. The ink does not match my hair color; there is a hint of blue in it. Secondly, the dots that are around my hairline, which are meant to mimic a follicle, are too large. Ultimately, making the job obvious to anyone within 3 feet looking down on your head.

I'm leaving this review because when I was looking for reviews and information about Mark Weston and Artistry Concepts, I only found AC's marketing. The SMP industry is relatively new and many companies are fighting for market share. I don't know if the job would have come out better at a different shop, especially after hearing some horror stores, but I do know that my SMP was okay at best.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM