Depression?

Printable View

• 12-08-2008 09:49 PM
    Jackb
    Depression?
    is it true, Propecia may cause Depression?
  • 12-09-2008 01:38 AM
    davesolazzo
    No...I dont think so. Actually I have never heard of anyone claiming to have experienced depresssion because of taking Propecia. If anything it might have the opposite effect. Propecia helped ease my depression. Once I realized that it was working I had something to look forward to each day--better hair! That was pretty exciting and that made me feel a lot better.
  • 12-10-2008 10:08 PM
    Lefty76
    I think hairloss itself is more likely to cause depression. I can vouch for that.
  • 12-17-2008 04:32 AM
    bigmac
    I`ve never heard of it causing depression either,it will probably be down to your hairloss and worrying about it.
  • 12-17-2008 07:11 AM
    SpencerKobren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I`ve never heard of it causing depression either,it will probably be down to your hairloss and worrying about it.

I think it's only depression if you're one of the guys who don't do well on the drug. To my knowledge there is no clinical data that indicates depression as a side effect of Propecia
  • 12-17-2008 08:21 AM
    TeeJay73
    It seems like the "side effects" of Propecia have been over-sensationalized. I've been on the drug for about 11 months and haven't noticed anything, except better, stronger hair.
  • 12-17-2008 01:30 PM
    davesolazzo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeJay73 View Post
    It seems like the "side effects" of Propecia have been over-sensationalized.

well said...i agree completely. no side effects for me either--and it's been almost 8 years.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth