• 07-27-2014 03:44 PM
    OrdinaryUser
    I've been on finasteride for about 4-5 months and while there is some improvement in thickness in some areas, most of the top is continuing to thin, arguably at a faster rate before I started it. Additionally, my recession worsened. Really getting discouraged now, that I will not benefit from the most effective treatments available and will probably achieve NW 7 status in no time at this rate.
  • 11-15-2014 12:57 AM
    blondetooth
    Now its time to update bro.

2.5 months is just warming up with fin.

Dut would have been quicker results.

Hows the fin now a few months later?
  • 11-15-2014 02:18 AM
    TotallyScrewed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blondetooth View Post
    Now its time to update bro.

2.5 months is just warming up with fin.

Dut would have been quicker results.

Hows the fin now a few months later?

Things continued to get worse. At month 7, having far less hair and hair shafts that were much thinner than before, I said **** in and bought dut without a script. It's been about a week, so far no real change.
  • 11-15-2014 02:21 AM
    TotallyScrewed
    Well, hey, at least you're improving in some areas. My whole scalp has thinned.
  • 11-17-2014 06:22 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
    Well, hey, at least you're improving in some areas. My whole scalp has thinned.

I've mentioned this before... Are you guys using Propecia brand of finasteride or a generic online version of finasteride? I hear of problems with the generic versions.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
  • 12-15-2014 03:22 AM
    TotallyScrewed
    Was generic fin, now on genuine dut. Things are worse than when I started, don't think I'm shedding, just continuing to thin and lose hair. Giving up on life tbh.
  • 12-15-2014 06:23 AM
    Dispare
    Quote:

Was generic fin, now on genuine dut. Things are worse than when I started, don't think I'm shedding, just continuing to thin and lose hair. Giving up on life tbh.

So Dut isn't helping?
  • 12-15-2014 07:41 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Never give up. Give dutasteride some time. Also do everything else known to improve hair growth. The best PRP result I have ever seen was with a guy on dut. PRP treatment could be the ticket. Just make sure you aren't taking any medications that contribute to hair loss. Try not to stress about it. Hair loss is not the end of the world.

Chuck
  • 12-15-2014 08:26 AM
    35YrsAfter
    FYI, just after I posted the above, I met our patient today who is in for a few hundred grafts. He is taking dutasteride and it has helped his hair quite a bit, as is obvious when I look at his photos from 2010. He mentioned that he feels dutasteride is a much better hair loss med than Propecia (finasteride). He said he got sides from finasteride and doesn't notice any side effects from Avodart (dutasteride).

Chuck
  • 12-19-2014 06:24 PM
    TooYoungToobald
    Quote:

Update bro, I'm in your same shoes would really like to know if DUT is working for you. I have been using it for 40 days now after 5 months of fin during which time I noticed exactly what you noticed. Legit like all hairs falling out were thinner at the bottom than the top. I have also been growing out my hair for like 6 moths now to be able to judge if treatments are working.
    Legit losing hope, Update us

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth