• 02-10-2016 08:46 AM
    raye321
    super fine swiss lace base vs french lace base
    Can anyone tell me exactly what is the basic difference between super fine swiss lace and French lace. I'm thinking of getting a hair system with super fine swiss lace front and French lace base but considering a super swiss lace base. I know the French lace is a bit coarser. Does this mean that it is thicker? or the holes are larger than the swiss lace?
  • 02-10-2016 11:41 AM
    grincher
    French lace tends to be thicker than Swiss Lace. Two things should be noted there is no universal reliable scale so one company's Swiss could be thicker than another company's French. Also its all relative. French is normally expected to less longer but be less discrete hence Swiss at the front.

I was told that joining two difference laces wasnt easy.
  • 02-10-2016 12:27 PM
    lvlace
    Quote:

Originally Posted by raye321 View Post
    Can anyone tell me exactly what is the basic difference between super fine swiss lace and French lace. I'm thinking of getting a hair system with super fine swiss lace front and French lace base but considering a super swiss lace base. I know the French lace is a bit coarser. Does this mean that it is thicker? or the holes are larger than the swiss lace?

French slightly thicker and more durable. No difference in the size of the interstices ("holes" if you prefer) unless a particular lace manufacturer chooses to make the interstices larger. All french and swiss lace I have used have approximately the same size interstices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grincher View Post
    I was told that joining two difference laces wasnt easy.

I have been ventilating my hair pieces (adding hair, repairing the lace base and replacing worn hairlines) for almost 10 years. There is no difference between joining swiss to french OR french to french. Same level of difficulty......not difficult.
  • 02-10-2016 01:28 PM
    raye321
    poly perimeter
    What is the advantage, if any of a poly back and sides?
  • 02-10-2016 02:35 PM
    lvlace
    Quote:

What is the advantage, if any of a poly back and sides?

Depends on who you ask. Some users love the poly claiming it shortens cleanup time.

I tried it once. Never again. The poly easily increased my cleanup time by a factor of at least 4.

I should add that I detach once a month. I suspect that those who detach more frequently may find that the poly works. But, after a month I find just the opposite on the poly. The lace after a month cleans up in minutes. The poly far longer. Not everyone has the same experience.
  • 02-11-2016 03:28 AM
    grincher
    I use the poly and love it but it just shows its all about personal choice.
  • 02-11-2016 01:51 PM
    raye321
    If using glue, how wide of a bead is required?
  • 02-11-2016 04:01 PM
    lvlace
    Quote:

If using glue, how wide of a bead is required?

Much easier to use tape (1/4" tape is adequate) around perimeter and back. You can also add a strip of tape from center crown to the back. Use same tape around the front, but, attach back from the front edge about 1/8" and use liquid adhesive to bond the front edge to your scalp. Easy to complete and very secure attachment.
  • 02-11-2016 04:32 PM
    raye321
    Ok, does the tape come in 1/4" width? I think I only saw 3/4" What strength tape should I use if I'm only going to wear the piece a few days at a time?
  • 02-11-2016 04:37 PM
    raye321
    I guess you can tell I never wore a piece before and still am apprehensive about it. I have had a total of 4 hair transplants over the years but it never covered much and there are none on the crown which is now very thin also. I am about out of options!

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth