Replicel

Printable View

• 08-28-2011 01:53 PM
    krewel
    Besides, the chief of their team is German. When it comes to technology and science, I absolutley trust those guys. :D
    Well, lets hope and cross fingers. In some months we'll know more. Until then, I'll keep myself busy with thinking about Christmas hahahahaha.
  • 08-28-2011 02:35 PM
    PinotQ
    To add to what UK said, you might find it interesting to read Replicel's patent. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2006/0088505.html The patent says that Replicel has tried this process with several different stem cell types: The DSC, the DS (dermal sheath cells) and the dermal papillae (what adreans is using). They have found that the DSC is the only stem cell capable of generating all of the relevant parts of the follicle. Their claim is that the DSC is in fact DNA coded to to produce everything necessary to produce new hairs and rejuvenate damaged follicles.
  • 08-28-2011 05:14 PM
    CVAZBAR
    REPLICEL contacted Spencer!!!!! Interview coming real soon! Finally
  • 08-28-2011 08:43 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Questions?
    I suggest for people to post questions to ask the Replicel representative. Spencer will most likely check in and choose some questions from here.
  • 08-28-2011 09:07 PM
    Curlybill99
    do you know when the interview is going to be?
  • 08-28-2011 09:22 PM
    stillinHS1994
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    REPLICEL contacted Spencer!!!!! Interview coming real soon! Finally

Booyah! Finally some news or updates or whatever....better start thinking of questions
  • 08-28-2011 09:30 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlybill99 View Post
    do you know when the interview is going to be?

I don't know the exact day but Spencer said it will probably happen within this week or maybe on Sunday! It's safe to say it will happen soon though, unless something sudden prevents it.
  • 08-29-2011 01:44 AM
    Losing_It
    The race is on it seems. Interestingly, Replicel published their paper in 2003 about being able to grow hair on mouse ears and foot pads. Lets hope whoever is successful won't get sued for patent infringements. All this propriety liquid stuff is making me worried. Don't we just hate patents.

Anyways, on an unrelated note, I see Kevin Bacon's middle name is Norwood. At least hes got good hair.
  • 08-30-2011 12:49 PM
    Dutch_Dude
    Everything is looking good and we are nearing 2012!
  • 08-31-2011 09:22 AM
    BoSox
    I'm sure the most frequent question will be when will this be available. All I care is about efficiancy... ill wait 5 more years if I have to if I knew what was at the finish line <3
  • 08-31-2011 01:19 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I'm sure the most frequent question will be when will this be available. All I care is about efficiancy... ill wait 5 more years if I have to if I knew what was at the finish line <3

Many of us young guys feel exactly this way. Would be great to be rocking a full head of hair again at 30.
  • 08-31-2011 01:29 PM
    wonderboy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    To add to what UK said, you might find it interesting to read Replicel's patent. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2006/0088505.html The patent says that Replicel has tried this process with several different stem cell types: The DSC, the DS (dermal sheath cells) and the dermal papillae (what adreans is using). They have found that the DSC is the only stem cell capable of generating all of the relevant parts of the follicle. Their claim is that the DSC is in fact DNA coded to to produce everything necessary to produce new hairs and rejuvenate damaged follicles.

Which treatment should be able to regenerate
    ALL parts of the follicle (i.e., even arrector pili muscle and sebaceous
    glands)? Replicel could? And aderans, histogen, acell hair autocloning?
  • 09-01-2011 05:40 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
    Which treatment should be able to regenerate
    ALL parts of the follicle (i.e., even arrector pili muscle and sebaceous
    glands)? Replicel could? And aderans, histogen, acell hair autocloning?

Dr. Cooley said Acell autocloning produces fully functioning follicles with sebaceous glands. Replicel can, Aderans seemingly. I suppose Histogen achieves this too but maybe someone else can elaborate further.
  • 09-01-2011 11:55 AM
    clandestine
    Very interesting stuff. I'm optimistic with a healthy dose of skepticism. It will be exciting to learn about future Replicel trial results.
  • 09-01-2011 12:10 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Very interesting stuff. I'm optimistic with a healthy dose of skepticism. It will be exciting to learn about future Replicel trial results.

That's the exact right way to be. The technique sounds promising.
  • 09-01-2011 12:49 PM
    RichardDawkins
    Histogen has failed (website has deleted everything regarding clinical trials and release dates) so do you really think Replicel will provide something? No i surely dont
  • 09-01-2011 12:58 PM
    Ronin
    I had to sign in to contribute the following: RichardDawkins, why don't you take your negativity and shove it up your arse? You enjoy being pessimistic and negative, go be miserable on your own. Stop trying to bring down others.
  • 09-01-2011 12:58 PM
    The Alchemist
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Histogen has failed (website has deleted everything regarding clinical trials and release dates) so do you really think Replicel will provide something? No i surely dont

They have not deleted everything; you're blatantly lieing. And if you think they're dead, then there will be no need for you to post in this thread again.
  • 09-01-2011 01:00 PM
    Jundam
    Quote:

And absolutely nobody cares what you think.
  • 09-01-2011 01:00 PM
    RichardDawkins
    i tell it as i see it. Its tsrange when everything remains the same but strangely only those things vanish :-)
  • 09-01-2011 02:07 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Well I will say this. We don't know for definite if the trials are actually up and running in Singapore but we do know one thing for definite: there was definitely a delay. Tough to say what will come of Histogen but I do believe they have come up with a promising concept at the least.

Aderans is still the one that seems most likely to me anyway to come to market within the next 3-5 years. A lot of money behind them and they're doing everything by the book so to speak. Deep in FDA phase 2 trials now.
  • 09-01-2011 04:01 PM
    Sogeking
    Quote:

Congrats. You have won. The prize is baldness. We can even give you a medal if you want ;).
    If Dr. Gho is the miracle worker you say he is let me ask you one thing?
    Do we really have to believe you(Stevie Dee, Richard Dawkins, whatever) and Iron Man? Two guys that haven't even been to Dr. Gho to try HST.
    And if a succesful customer is Sneijder, the photos that were shown do look good. But right side of his donor area is very thin. I've seen the photos hyperlinked on the hairsite and it seems to me treatment with donor regrowth is still not in our grasp.l

Sure maybe Aderans, Histogen, Replicel will fail. But you know what hoping for the best makes me feel better so I'm gonna continue with that. And if they do fail will just continue hoping for Dr. Ronald Lauster.
  • 09-01-2011 04:45 PM
    krewel
    I suggest we just ignore those guys. As long as we dont, they'll keep posting this sh**. Excuse my language.
  • 09-01-2011 07:50 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    How do we know for sure that Histogen is in a delay? They may have taken a clinical trial page down but we really don't know for sure. As people on here know, I called them earlier today and they said they were just re-arranging the website. They didn't mention any delay or anything like that, but they probably wouldn't even tell me if they were in a delay anyway. I don't think we know either way whether there is a delay or not, but at least we know that they are still up and functioning.
  • 09-01-2011 07:58 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Even if there's a delay, it has nothing to do with failure. How can they fail when they claim they were starting in july? Ignore that fool. He probably isn't getting enough attention at Hairsite.

Don't understand why they always want to be right. You would figure they would want this as much as everyone. It's like they pray for failure unless it's something they promote. I thought we were all in the same gang?
  • 09-02-2011 03:12 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    There was a delay but I was always under the impression the trials were just starting a month or two later. I can't find where that info is but it was on the forums somewhere. Would be nice to now if they were in the midst of carrying out their trials now.
  • 09-02-2011 03:14 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Even if there's a delay, it has nothing to do with failure. How can they fail when they claim they were starting in july? Ignore that fool. He probably isn't getting enough attention at Hairsite.

Don't understand why they always want to be right. You would figure they would want this as much as everyone. It's like they pray for failure unless it's something they promote. I thought we were all in the same gang?

Yes they said they were starting in July. I think before that it was supposed to be May originally but I can't remember where that info is. Hopefully it's underway.
  • 09-02-2011 05:31 AM
    Kiwi
    Dawkins has lost his mind.

According to Dawkins, Gho is our last hope. And yet we haven't even seen any photographic proof over a long period of time. I havent seen any evidence to show that what Gho does is any more then a form of FUE that leaves some of the follicle behind that 'might' not die...

Where are the macro photographs?
  • 09-03-2011 03:26 PM
    worried2568
    Wow, this sounds promising.

I don't see why Replicel isn't keeping us too much up to date. I'm sure they know this, but if this works out, they can become extremely rich, so I'm sure they are hard at work.

As is any company.
  • 09-03-2011 03:29 PM
    BoSox
    I just hope they are able to grow NORMAL hair.. not thin looking hair. I know some wouldn't mind with Nanogen or w/e concealer they have.

I want my hair back to normal. I can't wait for Spencer's interview!
  • 09-03-2011 04:18 PM
    amadeus
    Don’t worry about what RichardDawkins says. He doesn't know anything and is just some guy who posts on the forums like he knows what he’s talking about. He probably lives in his parent's garage.:)

Spencer Kobren is the most influential and powerful figure in the world of hair loss so I highly doubt he would even bother conducting an interview with Replicel if it wasn’t for real. Let’s all try to stay positive!
  • 09-03-2011 11:23 PM
    abb83
    hey sorry i live in australia, it's hard for me to catch the show, and it was 2 hrs lng can anyone pls give me an update on waht was said or tell me around what time the replicel update was given? THANKS!
  • 09-04-2011 09:39 AM
    PayDay
    Joe from Staten Island gave his weekly update and discussed Replicel. All Kobren said was that he owed them a phone call, because they tried to contact him and he was out of town. He also said that he will be interviewing them at some point soon. I think it was in like the first 20 minutes of last Sunday’s show.
  • 09-04-2011 09:57 AM
    HelpROGER
    I heard the show last week and Spencer did say that he would be doing an interview with them, but did not say when. @amadeus, I think you are right that Spencer would not be wasting his time if he did not think the Replicel was legit. If it wasn’t for the Bald Truth I would have had a hair transplant with MHR when I didn’t even need it and I would be in a really bad place right now, so I trust everything he says and I’m excited to learn more about Replicel. I hope he does the interview tonight!
  • 09-04-2011 05:27 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Spencer just confirmed that they set a date this week to do the interview with Replicel and will post it during the week and talk about it next Sunday! I'm listening to the show at this point so I will post anything else for people who can't listen, RIGHT NOW. At this moment some annoying dude named ANDREW is complaining about his hair once again but he has a ****ing MOP! That dude needs to grow some balls!

Anyways, good news from Spencer and Replicel!
  • 09-05-2011 05:24 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Spencer just confirmed that they set a date this week to do the interview with Replicel and will post it during the week and talk about it next Sunday! I'm listening to the show at this point so I will post anything else for people who can't listen, RIGHT NOW. At this moment some annoying dude named ANDREW is complaining about his hair once again but he has a ****ing MOP! That dude needs to grow some balls!

Anyways, good news from Spencer and Replicel!

If it's Andrew Zarian then it's such a joke. Dude is like negative norwood with one of those youngster turned up fringes showing a perfectly straight hairline. It's annoying alright. He's on finasteride as far as I'm aware. Doesn't appear to have any loss whatsoever. Ah sorry about the rant, I'm just jealous of that mop. :D
  • 09-05-2011 08:20 AM
    Delphi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    If it's Andrew Zarian then it's such a joke. Dude is like negative norwood with one of those youngster turned up fringes showing a perfectly straight hairline. It's annoying alright. He's on finasteride as far as I'm aware. Doesn't appear to have any loss whatsoever. Ah sorry about the rant, I'm just jealous of that mop. :D

Yeah it’s Andrew Zarian, he’s okay, but I do get pissed listening to him bitch about his hair like a little girl. He has more hair then I ever had! I started watching the show that Kobren and him do on Friday night with this other guy. It’s a good show and I’m becoming kind of addicted, but even during that show he bitches about his hair which is always perfect! I think this guy just likes to cry about everything, he’s always complaining about some shit.
  • 09-05-2011 09:56 AM
    krewel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Yeah it’s Andrew Zarian, he’s okay, but I do get pissed listening to him bitch about his hair like a little girl. He has more hair then I ever had! I started watching the show that Kobren and him do on Friday night with this other guy. It’s a good show and I’m becoming kind of addicted, but even during that show he bitches about his hair which is always perfect! I think this guy just likes to cry about everything, he’s always complaining about some shit.

So I just googled this Andrew Zarian. This guy seriously cries about his hairline, or are you kidding?
  • 09-05-2011 11:19 AM
    CVAZBAR
    I had a feeling more people felt the same way. Check it, the dude calls the ****ing show and constantly complains that his hair is thinning but has NO signs whatsoever of balding. He comes up with shit like, "my life is over"! I keep thinking the guy is gay. It's so annoying that Spencer even gets to the point where he tells him he is good looking and shouldn't worry. The guy is like a chick that needs to be told he is cute constantly. His whiny voice makes me think he is gay also. I feel like dragging that fool from his hair like a caveman would and then show him that his damn hair ain't falling out! What bothers me more is that he knows Joe from Staten has been suffering for decades and has a very hard time dealing with hair loss and this Andrew dude continues to cry about his mop. Joe deals with clinical depression but this ****ing dude ignores it as if Joe wasn't even there. I have a feeling his girl Is going to dump his ass for a real man sooner or later. The guy seems cool but he needs to stop whining like a little girl and consider the people around him.

Anyways, Spencer said to post questions for Replicel.
  • 09-05-2011 11:28 AM
    hollywoodkid
    Prior tests
    Here's a question that has not been asked yet:

Has Replicel done any testing at all, even on mice, that shows that their injectable works in at least some organism? Or is it all just a 'theory' that this will work?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth