Replicel

Printable View

• 01-22-2012 04:54 PM
    sausage
    Hair Transplant it is then.

If Replicel works in 4-5 years time then I will throw that in the mix, but I can't be bald for another 4-5 years personally.

Good luck to the rest of you.
  • 01-22-2012 06:23 PM
    clandestine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    What stops you from getting multiple injections? I doubt replicel results are limited

Around $15,000?
  • 01-22-2012 06:44 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    I don't believe that Replicel and Histogen are necessarily developing "interim" treatments at all. Especially Replicel, whose goal would be to get back a full head of hair by creating new follicles and reviving damaged ones. Their 20-30% regrowth goal is just an initial benchmark to prove that it would be more effective than the crap that's out there today. According to their mission statement on their website, Replicel is looking to achieve much more than 20-30% regrowth. If Replicel proves to be effective, then the deactivation of genes that cause baldness would be a total non-issue, since the new hair that would be created would be from cells that were resistant to DHT (from the lower back of the head) in the first place.
    Roland Lauster's hair multiplication program is not at all 10-15 years away in the best case scenario. Lauster himself even said in 2010 that his hair multiplication program was 5 years away. I believe that Lauster even said he could clone hair right now, but it was just thin vellous hair.
    Also, I believe that Replicel's, Histogen's, and Aderans's methods would be much more effective than hair multiplication, assuming that they work. Even if hair could be cloned, it would still require multiple surgeries to implant enough hair to create a full head of hair. This would be very labor-intensive to surgically implant enough cloned hair to create a full head of hair. It would be much easier and less labor-intensive to do what Replicel, Histogen, and Aderans are doing by either inject cells to induce cellular hair regrowth or to inject chemicals that have been known to stimulate hair regrowth.
    Anyway, here's to being optimistic to having a hair loss cure/effective treatment/something that puts a significant amount of hair back on our heads as soon as possible.
  • 01-22-2012 08:44 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Is this stuff still 5 years away?
  • 01-22-2012 09:10 PM
    WashedOut
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Hair Transplant it is then.

If Replicel works in 4-5 years time then I will throw that in the mix, but I can't be bald for another 4-5 years personally.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Whether it works or not it was always going to be about 5 years away according to the CEO. Most of these treatments won't come for another 3 years at least due to the FDA and other factors. Best case scenario Aderans would be out in 2014.
  • 01-22-2012 10:02 PM
    Maradona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    Whether it works or not it was always going to be about 5 years away according to the CEO. Most of these treatments won't come for another 3 years at least due to the FDA and other factors. Best case scenario Aderans would be out in 2014.

CEO said 2015 if everything goes well. They don't have a plan B or C like Aderans, so theyre going all out on phase 1.:)

If it shows the same results as rats or at least a little less (as well as it should since we are not implanting rat cells in our scalp :D), then by 2015 we will have the cure for baldness and a complete change in society forever, we are dealing with the discovery of the universe as joe in baldtruth said :D.

Now there might be downsides, since you might have to inject really high doses of these treatments (your own cells) and there isn't a side effect in the literature of treatments like these....we might have a real ****ed up side effect who knows.:confused:

I will keep posting IF I find more info about replicel, if not then we'll see each other in march :o

Here's a pdf document with all the info about replicel.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2430478..._REPORT_2_.pdf

I really believe this is our only chance to get a full head of hair within our lifetimes, some may disagree But I don't believe in aderans or histogen, maybe aderans but prob won't be as effective from my research.

Good luck guys, cross fingers, hopefully everything goes smooth in March even 20-30% would be good.:p
  • 01-23-2012 04:38 AM
    Kampung101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Agreed. These are all interim treatments. The real cure in a form of a pill or a topical which will somehow deactivate genes responsible for DHT sensitive hair, or make the hair follicels themselves DHT resistant is decades away.

Not necessarily. In both Aderans and Replicel, they are taking dht resistant cells from the back of the head. Theoretically, these dht resistant cells not only create new hair follicles that are dht resistant but the implanted dht resistant cells will migrate to existing hairs on the head sensitive to dht and in turn make them resistant. If either of these treatments prove successful and can do the above mentioned things, why would you need a new treatment that deactivates the genes when the hairs are now resistant to dht?
  • 01-23-2012 04:47 AM
    Kampung101
    I think some baldtruth members that are quite knowledgeable on this (like Krewel or Pate) need to create some type of thread that provides in a list format the available info on Replicel and explanation of what the process is theoretically trying to achieve. Because there is still a lot of confusion on here about numbers like 20-30%, the reasons for why they are using a high amount of cells in phase 1 etc.

If the confusion still stands, the excessive amount of optimism or cynicism that people complain about is just going to continue, along with misinformation.
  • 01-23-2012 09:34 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Around $15,000?

that's not the point... I tried to explain that with MULTIPLE injections, hair growth will be compoundable. There will be no limit.
  • 01-23-2012 11:37 AM
    BoSox
    Will they know if this will be compoundable from their first data, or will this come later in the trails? I hope it is, because % would not be an issue (:
  • 01-23-2012 06:27 PM
    WashedOut
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Will they know if this will be compoundable from their first data, or will this come later in the trails? I hope it is, because % would not be an issue (:

I hope they answer that too. I can't understand why it wouldn't be compoundable but who knows how these things work out. Even 30% is pretty good, still better than dealing with surgery and you could use a thickener to make it look more like 60%+. Also, once it becomes a proven technology it will advance so it could reach much higher percentages with time.
  • 01-26-2012 03:16 PM
    alex123
    The stock price of this company continues to plummet, against the trend of the market which has been upwards. It seems likely that some insiders are selling off their shares.
  • 01-26-2012 04:22 PM
    Have Hope3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alex123 View Post
    The stock price of this company continues to plummet, against the trend of the market which has been upwards. It seems likely that some insiders are selling off their shares.

Alex, this stock drop does seem to be a bit troubling. I hope it is just some day trading going on but the volume of trades per day seems to be way up. The stock did end the day on a upswing! Cmon RepliCel pull through for us!
  • 01-26-2012 06:21 PM
    ccmethinning
    I'm not sure if the rule applies to small, OTC companies like Replicel, but don't insiders have to file before they sell their shares?
  • 01-26-2012 08:15 PM
    Maradona
    Guys the stock plummeting is kinda worrisome and the leak info is probably fake. I've talked to one representative of replicel , he said there's no way information has been leaked, since its a double placebo bla bla bla something along the lines.

Keep hope alive guys, just come back in march, this company could be the next microsoft !

Unless they didn't use the correct injection procedure.....there's nothing to worry about...yet.

and About Aderans....they had a bunch of trials....they still were going to finish phase 2 next year...that was no news. But I don't think their procedure is as good as replicel at least in theory, they're now doing trial and error...hopefully replicel doesn't have to go through that or we are !@*#ed.
  • 01-27-2012 04:52 AM
    PinotQ
    Several of us posted on this about a week ago and the stock price has indeed continued to fall. It is now at about a 12 month low. I have been accumulating shares over the last year so I have followed this closely. It is discomforting to see the stock price falling this close to the release of the trial results as I would have expected it to be trending in a positive direction. However it is very difficult to definitively read anything into this. There are about 44 million shares outstanding with about 24 million of those shares that have been granted to upper management locked in a trust (they begin to be released quarterly after Q1 2012). That leaves about 20 million shares currently available for trading. So unless upper management has purchased shares on the market, they would not likely be selling. On January 6th 2012, the stock closed at $2.40. It closed at $1.80 yesterday representing a 25% drop in less than a month. The average number of shares traded using a moving 10 day average is currently just over 9,000 shares traded per day. It was much less than this prior to January 6th. This represents about .04% of the stock trading per day. If you multiply this amount by the number of days the stock has been trading since it began to drop on Jan. 6th, only 180,000 shares or .75% of the 24 million shares available to be traded, have changed hands during this downward swing. So relatively speaking, this is insignificant. At the same time, the types of "insiders" that could potentially be trading in the stock is also probably insignificant. For example, the trial participants, employees associated with conducting the trial, etc. While the trial is double blinded, the company conducting the trial has already reported to Replicel that there have been no adverse events. It could easily have also reported to Replicel that they see no visible evidence of any difference in regrowth between the 2 test sites on each of the subjects scalps. So it's anybody's guess as to why the stock is dropping. If there is insider trading, I do not believe that it is by upper management or those in control of the company. They seem to be very well run, professional and organized. So if there is insider trading it would have to be those on the periphery.
  • 01-27-2012 05:55 AM
    PinotQ
    Correction, The above post should read: " is currently just over 9,000 shares traded per day. It was much less than this prior to January 6th. This represents about .05% of the stock trading per day."

and

" ....only 180,000 shares or .9% of the 20 million shares available to be traded...."
  • 01-27-2012 08:25 AM
    born
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Correction, The above post should read: " is currently just over 9,000 shares traded per day. It was much less than this prior to January 6th. This represents about .05% of the stock trading per day."

and

" ....only 180,000 shares or .9% of the 20 million shares available to be traded...."

so ? is this bad ?
  • 01-27-2012 09:05 AM
    MackJames
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Guys the stock plummeting is kinda worrisome and the leak info is probably fake. I've talked to one representative of replicel , he said there's no way information has been leaked, since its a double placebo bla bla bla something along the lines.

Keep hope alive guys, just come back in march, this company could be the next microsoft !

Unless they didn't use the correct injection procedure.....there's nothing to worry about...yet.

and About Aderans....they had a bunch of trials....they still were going to finish phase 2 next year...that was no news. But I don't think their procedure is as good as replicel at least in theory, they're now doing trial and error...hopefully replicel doesn't have to go through that or we are !@*#ed.

This technology is literally untested and Replicel, in its current incarnation, a relatively new company. Some investors might consider the market for a product like this to be limited, which is in my opinion extremely short sighted on their part. Many investors might be hesitant to gamble on this stock until some kind of results are published, which is another major mistake.

As an investor myself, these kind of companies can be pretty attractive, but are admittedly a serious risk. Investing in a company while they are small and haven't attracted much mainstream attention could lead to big returns if the product works. If you are going to buy, I would recommend doing so before the results of phase I of the clinical trials are released, but be prepared to lose your money if the results are a bust. Investing is a risk but taking risk is what makes the millionaires. Rule of thumb, never invest more than you are willing to risk, and be prepared to lose money.
  • 01-27-2012 10:35 AM
    PinotQ
    Great advice MackJames! That is exactly my strategy. I am fully prepared to lose it all and, if so, it won't hurt too much. But I think you could search for a long time before you find something with an upside like this. Given the emotion attached to this issue and the fact that by most accounts less than 2-10% seek treatment for lack of something that really works, and throw in the female market and you have an incredible upside.

Born, My point here is that 99% of the shares have not been sold over this downturn so that is a plus indicator if you are rooting for Replicel.
  • 01-28-2012 09:19 AM
    alex123
    The reason the plummet in the stock price (from 2.4 to 1.87) looks like bad news for this company, in my opinion, is that it occurred in two days and was accompanied by a previously unseen increase in the volume of trading; the reduction to the low point of 1.90 has lasted almost three weeks now; and it is against the trend of the market.

If you look at the history of the stock, the movements in the price have all tracked the trends of the market. Whereas this plummet has moved in contradiction to the market. There has to be some internal reason behind it.
  • 01-28-2012 09:41 AM
    alex123
    Here it is (blue line) compared to the market indices.

http://i.imgur.com/zg1St.jpg
  • 01-28-2012 09:44 AM
    Morbo
    Serious question: was Replicel actually able to grow hair?

Since I joined this forum there was a lot of hype around Replicel, while on contrary to Histogen (as far as I know), they have never released any pictures or facts that showed any hair-growth.

I listenend to the interview on this site with the CEO of Replicel and every factual question about actual hair-growth Kobren asked was dodged.
    When he asked about the results so far the CEO answered he "didn't know about the progress since it was a very closed research" and when Kobren asked about the hoped result for Phase 2, he replied "Phase 2 will be a failure if we won't manage to grow hair".

So a serious question: Have they been able to grow any hair - no matter how small - on an actual human head, or is the only thing we know that it passed health phase 1 and it's sure not to give us cancer or turn us into some freak-like mutant? :confused:
  • 01-28-2012 11:31 AM
    krewel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    So a serious question: Have they been able to grow any hair - no matter how small - on an actual human head, or is the only thing we know that it passed health phase 1 and it's sure not to give us cancer or turn us into some freak-like mutant? :confused:

It's all answered here:
    http://www.replicel.com/equities-int...rolf-hoffmann/
  • 01-28-2012 11:54 AM
    S.W
    I am a little disappointed to know their definition of "very good" is just more than 10% ~ 15%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krewel View Post

• 01-28-2012 03:46 PM
    krewel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by S.W View Post
    I am a little disappointed to know their definition of "very good" is just more than 10% ~ 15%.

That's because there's a lot you don't know about clinical phases, their treatment etc.. We talked this through already... :)
  • 01-28-2012 04:42 PM
    Pate
    The stock movements are something to keep an eye on but mean very little currently. A few thoughts:

1. As PinotQ said the volume is insignificant. 9000 shares a day on average for a roughly $2 stock price is less than $20k turnover which is negligible.

2. The stock is tightly held and trades with very low volumes. With stocks like that, even a small increase in volume can have a big effect because the buy and sell depths aren't very full. If someone holds a decent parcel of shares and wants to dump for whatever reason, they don't have enough buyers to get a good price for their shares. So the price can drop a lot.

3. High-risk stocks waiting on confidential information are also at risk of rumour and speculation. Someone might dump their shares for one reason, other investors think "this guy must know something!" and follow suit.

So taking those three things together we can't draw any conclusions about this.
  • 01-28-2012 05:15 PM
    Maradona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by S.W View Post

I used to think like you too...now I realize that any increase % is good with replicel. After long and careful research in these type of treatments, I realize that it doesn't matter since you can reapply the injection. So, any increase is good but of course the higher the better which would mean less injections less research to improve efficiency = less time.

Imo, it's just a matter of time till replicel cures baldness maybe 2 years or 10 years assuming no side effects.

If on march we see a little increase in hair count, then we know for sure baldness will be wiped out off the face of the earth within our lifetimes.

If we see crazy growth on March/april, then we will all have a full head of hair flowing through the wind by 2015 outside of US, assuming you have the money of course.
    :D
  • 01-28-2012 05:58 PM
    born
    i don't think 15% can cure baldness but it's good news if it works for everybody.
  • 01-29-2012 03:01 AM
    sausage
    Sweet I'd love a 15% thick head of hair, a bit of dermatch and I'd be sorted. :D
  • 01-29-2012 04:11 AM
    krewel
    Read Maradonas post :)
  • 01-29-2012 08:00 AM
    why are you onto the percentages again.... it's 15-30% PER injection.
    If one injection grows some hair, then I assume the next injection will be just as effective.
  • 01-29-2012 09:26 AM
    sausage
    Quote:

why are you onto the percentages again.... it's 15-30% PER injection.
    If one injection grows some hair, then I assume the next injection will be just as effective.

If it's 15-30% per injection then after 200 injections you would have a full head of hair. So that can't be right.
  • 01-29-2012 09:28 AM
    67mph
    84 days til the possible Replicel announcment, the days are flying but then that's life!

57mph
  • 01-29-2012 09:31 AM
    born
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 57mph View Post
    84 days til the possible Replicel announcment, the days are flying but then that's life!

57mph

we need some update from histogen ! it looks so damn promising. I also hope replicel grow the same amount of hair as it did in the mouse ear.They have 10+ years of science put into this.Hope it works otherwise we are doomed for another decade.
  • 01-29-2012 09:32 AM
    Sogeking
    Guys lets just see if it grows anything first. We'll talk percentages, compoundability and diminisihing results when they publish their trial results.

Go out, worry about something else, and try to enjoy yourselves for the next 2 months. Because so far you are riding on hope. And hope can be a fickle bi***.
  • 01-29-2012 09:43 AM
    sausage
    If nothing happens soon, I will have to kill my cat, cut a head-shaped piece of fur out and superglue it to my head.
  • 01-29-2012 09:46 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    If it's 15-30% per injection then after 200 injections you would have a full head of hair. So that can't be right.

well why not... with that many injections, I'm sure many more hair follicles would "reactivate" and your head hair will start to fill in.
    It would be silly to assume that a second injection has ZERO effect
  • 01-29-2012 10:00 AM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Why would you assume that? Do you think that if you take four aspirins instead of two, your headache will go away twice as fast? Or that if you get two flu vaccinations instead of one, you'll be twice as unlikely to catch the flu?
  • 01-29-2012 10:23 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Why would you assume that? Do you think that if you take four aspirins instead of two, your headache will go away twice as fast?

uhm, actually yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Or that if you get two flu vaccinations instead of one, you'll be twice as unlikely to catch the flu?

dumb example.

watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCe5...layer_embedded

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth