Should I shave my head

Printable View

• 06-17-2014 12:24 PM
    Jakewheat
    3 Attachment(s)
    Should I shave my head
    I'm 18, and in high school. I'm just about to be a junior, (don't ask why please). I'm just wondering if I should do the big switch. I want to know if I have the body type, head type, and if I'm far enough along to start to shave my head.
  • 06-17-2014 12:33 PM
    DAVE52
    Summer's coming up- buzz it shorter - you'll be fine
    Take a while to get used to but then just move on
  • 06-17-2014 01:52 PM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakewheat View Post
    I'm 18, and in high school. I'm just about to be a junior, (don't ask why please). I'm just wondering if I should do the big switch. I want to know if I have the body type, head type, and if I'm far enough along to start to shave my head.

I think you should shave your head to see how you like the look. "Hair Skin and Nails" by Buried Treasure has MSM which can speed hair growth in case you really aren't happy with the look. The other ingredients are generally beneficial to hair growth although vitamin deficiencies that affect hair are generally rare. Just type in homeless men in Google and hit "Images". It's amazing how many have full heads of hair and I doubt many homeless men have healthy diets. One of my friends sent me an email today asking about zinc for improved hair growth. I asked Dr. Cole and he believes vitamin D is more beneficial. I remember when I was in High School. I hope yours is a better one than the one I attended.

[I]35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
  • 07-10-2014 10:51 AM
    JDW
    You still have a lot of hair, no need to shave your head if you don't want to man
  • 07-10-2014 08:20 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    I would just start of buzzing it and see what you think. No need to shave it completely down at the moment.
  • 07-12-2014 05:26 AM
    rominga
    I think that buzzing is just fine for you

however if you want to shave here is tutorial on how to
    shaved-head.com
  • 07-15-2014 10:09 PM
    rdawg
    Just keep it short, Im an NW3 and I basically do 1 inch on the top and 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch on the sides, it looks decent.

Fully shaving my head would make me look worse as it doesnt frame my face as much, I can pull it off but I dont look my best with it.
  • 08-20-2014 06:30 PM
    jaycich
    A little bit shorter and you're good.
  • 09-24-2014 06:05 AM
    ThisSucksDude
    bro.. i say go for it and shave it.. I'm like 5 years older than you and only started shaving my head 3 months ago but I think the way to look at it is.. It's not going to get any better, its only going to get worse. So what's the point in keeping a visible imperfection? I'd say start with a buzzcut, like the lowest guard on a haircutter.
  • 10-20-2014 11:21 AM
    nursedude22
    SHAVE it :)
    Guys with blonde hair to light brown hair pull off the shaved look a lot better IMO.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth