• 08-30-2011 02:40 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Losing_It View Post
    Its just those two guys, Iron_Man and Stevie_Dee I think, if it is not Gho, it is destined to fail. God i'm glad I don't know those 2 in real life. What is Dr. Cole's point of view.

No, they are just bipolar. I check that site every once in a while just to get a good laugh. Those guys spend every day and every hour talking shit to eachother. One day they are excited about a treatment and the next day it's a scam. They have more problems than hair loss. The whole site is a mess.
  • 08-30-2011 03:26 PM
    LarryDavid
    If you are looking for another good laugh read Stevie´s posts regarding Gho half a year ago. Back then Gho was destined to fail.
  • 08-30-2011 08:24 PM
    Dasani
    So Replicel is about 9 months into their first clinical trial in Georgia, and while they're yet to release their results (planned result release date is Q1 2012) - the ARE adding staff to their team. I'm gonna offer up the suggestion that could be a sign. If it's been 9 months and their clinical trial has not grown a single hair or worse gave someone cancer... I doubt they'd be releasing new videos and expanding staff + scheduling interviews with Spencer. We'll see.
  • 08-30-2011 10:04 PM
    stillinHS1994
    I'm so f&%kin excited lol
  • 08-30-2011 11:17 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    So Replicel is about 9 months into their first clinical trial in Georgia, and while they're yet to release their results (planned result release date is Q1 2012) - the ARE adding staff to their team. I'm gonna offer up the suggestion that could be a sign. If it's been 9 months and their clinical trial has not grown a single hair or worse gave someone cancer... I doubt they'd be releasing new videos and expanding staff + scheduling interviews with Spencer. We'll see.

That definitely sounds promising Dasani. Cheers for that. I wonder does the average young bald guy out there know anything about the likes of Histogen, Aderans, Follica and Replicel? What I mean to say is, is it just a select few, (us mainly, TBT regulars), that are pinning our hopes on these future treatments or is it common knowledge to your average bald guy that this stuff is in trials. It's kind of not socially acceptable to discuss baldness (in my country at least) and it is seen largely as a trivial issue (but I think it's changing) so you never really know what the general public is thinking regarding all this.

I happen to think the fact all these companies are well into trials is a big deal but are we just overly optimistic on all this? I'm genuinely excited about the results coming in Q1 2012. Aderans, Histogen and Replicel are all due to weigh in with their findings. What interests me is the fact that we have two similar procedures in what Aderans and Replicel are doing yet one is going through the FDA whereas the other is taking the line that the whole procedure is autologous and therefore that circumvents the need to go through traditional FDA trials. Are we genuinely looking at Aderans getting Ji Gami out in 2014 in the US and Replicel coming out somewhere in 2014 along with Histogen?

If we knew these timelines were realistic we could rest a little easier. If it was guaranteed that these treatments could give you 50FU/cm2 all over by 2016 I would be very content to wait. Would definitely put my mind at rest.
  • 08-30-2011 11:51 PM
    Losing_It
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Listening to part 2 of the Jason Gardiner procedure at the mo. I'll dig up the link to Dr. Cole's view in awhile and post it here.

Thanks for the link. He read through it and here are my thoughts. It is clear that he doesn't think that Aderans and Histogen will work. I would have liked to have more of an academic reasoning behind his thoughts. As is, it seems more like a rant than a clearly thought out argument against why HM or stem cells won't work. It is somewhat unprofessional to call out Aderans based on their past as a Wig Maker who is only in it to boost their credibility due to past mistakes by Bosley. He also brings into question the expertise of Aderans Ken Washenik on HM. That may or may not be valid.

From the tone of his posts, I think he is in two minds about Histogen. He states that Wnt proteins can cause cancer, that the photographic evidence is not impressive and that the photographs could have been misrepresented to present HSC in a more favourable light. In my book an allegation about scientific evidence being manipulated to gain investor support is a serious one. I will admit that I don't know anything about hair science, but being in the field of science myself one needs to look at Histogen's data in the context it was presented. A pre-clinical study testing safety not efficacy. They argue that they managed not only to revive follicles but create new ones. Even if they fail Phase 1 and 2, I believe a significant step in the right direction have been made.

HT surgeons keeps harping on how HT are the gold standard in hair restoration. In my opinion you get a Transplant based on two principles:

1) you are absolutely sure you won't be losing much more hair
    2) Desperate enough to undergo the procedure and making a life long commitment to having more work done in the future and eating propecia for the rest of your life.

Science is about progress and if no company is willing to take risks to find novel ways to make significant enhancements in hair science then I am afraid we are all doomed.
  • 08-30-2011 11:52 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Other than Histogen, I wonder if other treatments also help for thinning hair. What if you have real thin donor like very old people. That's Also very important. It's not all about coverage but density all over the head as well.
  • 08-31-2011 12:01 AM
    Losing_It
    I don't think that too many people outside the forums no about these possible treatments. One thing for sure they, it will be marketed like crazy if they can demonstrate reasonable efficacy.
  • 08-31-2011 03:34 AM
    Jundam
    Yeah. All it takes is for one of them to hit phase III with promise and it'll be covered worldwide by every spectrum of the media. Nobody's going to miss it.
  • 08-31-2011 03:38 AM
    RichardDawkins
    Relax relax guys lets wait what they have to say

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen