• 11-10-2015 11:36 AM
    asianguy
    Anyone shaved their head bald after hair transplant by choice?
    Had two FUE hair transplants and neither of them went as expected. I'd like to shave everything and let go of my insecurities and move on with life and not worry about more repairs, costs, meds, concealers, shying away from people, ocd hair research tendencies, etc. The past 3 years has truly been miserable and I just want to live a normal life where I can freely do things without worrying about my self-made insecurities that's negatively affecting my own inner happiness.

I am hoping to get some advice on what's the best approach to take if I do wish to shave? Should I get SMP over 2500 FUE scars? How well has this worked for others? At what length can you buzz the front without the noticeable higher density on corners compared to thinned out middle and crown? Or will I need to bic shave it?
  • 11-10-2015 01:53 PM
    jamesst11
    I have the same questions Asianguy... but apparently there is not a single person on here that has had a HT then shaved there head. good luck.
  • 11-10-2015 02:23 PM
    asianguy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I have the same questions Asianguy... but apparently there is not a single person on here that has had a HT then shaved there head. good luck.

James,

I see we meet again. Was hoping things would have changed somewhat after preventing myself from spending too much time on hair forums for a while...

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...air-transplant...
  • 11-10-2015 02:40 PM
    jamesst11
    haha... I suppose I can only laugh and have some humility at the fact that currently, things are even worst! Finasteride for 8 months has taken away approximately another 20% of my hair. Perhaps I should just STOP with EVERYTHING. It seems like the more I do, the more it perpetuates my hair loss. I CANNOT believe how quickly I have been losing my damn hair.
  • 11-10-2015 03:46 PM
    Driver
    I imagine this is a small group of people as most people get a HT because they do not want to shave their heads.
  • 11-10-2015 04:46 PM
    jamesst11
    I would guess that probably greater than 30% of people that have had HT's end up eventually shaving their heads because they are ultimately not happy with it. Like me and Asian Guy and the countless other people that are not happy with their final results... just where are the people that shave it? and can we see some photos?
  • 11-10-2015 05:47 PM
    DAVE52
    Go to the website

s l y b a l d g u y s

There are lots who have just shaved it and moved on , scars and all

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

An inconvenient truth about FUE
Today 07:24 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey