Repair of old work

Printable View

• 09-04-2011 05:22 PM
    fjm96
    8 Attachment(s)
    Repair of old work
    I underwent a repair to the hairline on one side . I was able to go undetected at work by combing my hair over to one side covering the new grafts . The old grafts were done 20 years age and looked pluggy . The new grafts are a week old and I will get the other side done after this heals .

It was about 400 grafts . Some were from the scar that was excised some were fue . the Doctor was Dr Carlos Wesley in NY . Overall great experience . I have had previous repairs at other well known places and this clinic had the greatest attention to detail .

No swelling or pain . I will update as things progress . I will be getting the other side of the hairline done while excising more scar tissue and mabey fue .

Some of the fue grafts were done in a new way .Endoscopically I think . This seems like it has an advantage in terms of scarring .
  • 09-05-2011 12:02 PM
    Winston
    Looks good. Do you have any more information on this endoscopic FUE technique? I’ve never heard of this surgeon, is there any information anywhere online about this?
  • 09-06-2011 03:19 AM
    fjm96
    Thanks. I initially heard about him on the HTN site . If you need info the site is drcarloswesley.com . Some of the grafts were regular fue some were strip and some were part of a test for fue not punching in from the top . I am not sure if endoscopic is the exact word for it but is was not a lot of them , more of a test .

My donor has had the old checkerboard scarring from open donor procedures 20 years ago . A lot of it was removed by strip procedures but left wide scars .

This last strip from Dr Wesley seems to be healing a lot thinner than my previous scars . He is a good person to consult with . I have consulted with and had work done by a number of well known docs and this work was very clean and healing better than in the past

Btw I am a long time repair patient and usually do not try to promote anyone but just wanted to share my experience with a good repair session .
  • 09-14-2011 03:16 PM
    fjm96
    Just to update : I had a follow up with Dr Wesley and things are healing nicely . The scar is not red or irritated . The follow up care in his office is way better than any place I have been to . He has seen me a few times to keep an eye on my scar since I had some wide scars in the past with other clinics .

The grafts in the recipient area are doing well . They appear to be growing . I know they usually fall out but they are hanging in there .I have no real redness like I experienced in the past. Overall I am happy and will get more of my repair done soon .

I asked to do a small session because I did not know how it would look post op . I wanted to conceal the work with my existing hair as it healed . It was easily managed with minimal effort .

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:19 AM
Surgeons in SE Asia (Thailand)
10-20-2018 10:30 AM
by martino
Last Post By EFab