• 04-15-2018 01:36 PM
    Plan C
    Hi all,

Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I have been using 85mg RU58841 in 0.5ml PG & 1.25ml ethanol every other day for several years, and it dawned on me that whilst the mg amount of RU is quite high, the concentration % is only around 4.9%.

If I begin to use 1ml of solution, this will rise to 8.5%. Will it therefore be more effective? Or is it the mg amount of RU that matters?

Also, is there any consensus on whether minoxidil is a suitable carrier for RU? I've seen concerns raised over the water content. Does anyone disolve RU in a 10% or 15% minoxidil solution?
  • 08-10-2018 08:23 AM
    SongBird
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Hi all,

Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I have been using 85mg RU58841 in 0.5ml PG & 1.25ml ethanol every other day for several years, and it dawned on me that whilst the mg amount of RU is quite high, the concentration % is only around 4.9%.

If I begin to use 1ml of solution, this will rise to 8.5%. Will it therefore be more effective? Or is it the mg amount of RU that matters?

Also, is there any consensus on whether minoxidil is a suitable carrier for RU? I've seen concerns raised over the water content. Does anyone disolve RU in a 10% or 15% minoxidil solution?

What matters is not the concentration, but the amount of RU powder that you use. Think about it.

1ml solution, 50mg RU = 5% concentration.
    3ml solution, 50mg RU = 1.6% concentration.

The difference is just that you have more solution to spread across your scalp with 3ml. What matters is that all 3ml is put on your scalp, meaning 50mg of RU is still going to be present in your scalp, it just was spread among 3ml, instead of 1ml, but its still 50mg that is put on your scalp.
  • 08-16-2018 07:19 AM
    bluewater
    How effective has RU been for you guys? I have been using it in a Minox solution for almost a year September. I have receding and temple loss and I haven't gotten any noticeable regrowth. I have a few random hairs on the totally bald areas. I am also using it on the places i have hair to hopefully decrease loss and gain some additional growth in the productive area. I have been using Minox as the base simply because it is easier and less expensive. Was not aware that it may not be the right thing to do. What do you advise?
  • 04-10-2019 12:09 AM
    Aminar
    Thank you it was really helpful.
  • 05-03-2019 07:10 AM
    Plan C
    Anyone know where in the UK it is possible to buy suitable ethanol? The place I was getting it from in Germany is no longer exporting to the UK.
  • 06-27-2019 12:16 PM
    Ljames
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Anyone know where in the UK it is possible to buy suitable ethanol? The place I was getting it from in Germany is no longer exporting to the UK.

I'm from the UK and have found somewhere, it's call receptor chem. From what I can see they seem pretty legit, I've not ordered from there yet but am planning to tonight as it's payday and am taking the RU plunge.

I'm looking at getting some pre mixed RU. If anyone could share an opinion it would be much appreciated as I'm not to experienced with it

"M.Wt: 369.34
    Formula: C17H18F3N3O3
    4-[3-(4-hydroxybutyl)-4,4-dimethyl-2,5-dioxoimidazolidin-1-yl]-2-(trifluoromethyl)benzonitrile
    Solubility: Polyglycols, Aqua, Ethanol
    Purity: >99%"
  • 03-01-2020 09:25 PM
    mustang2
    I've just bought some from Anagen (KB solution)

I am on topical dutasteride with great success (zero hair loss for 4 months, no sides) after having bad sides with both oral and topical finasteride. It reduced my shedding to 3 hairs a day from 50 and hair is much thicker after 4 months. Best part is I only apply it once a week

I will be going on TRT next month and I'm worried about test causing hair loss so I will test RU before doing so and after going on Test
  • 03-01-2020 11:52 PM
    HairGuru
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mustang2 View Post
    I've just bought some from Anagen (KB solution)

I am on topical dutasteride with great success (zero hair loss for 4 months, no sides) after having bad sides with both oral and topical finasteride. It reduced my shedding to 3 hairs a day from 50 and hair is much thicker after 4 months. Best part is I only apply it once a week

I will be going on TRT next month and I'm worried about test causing hair loss so I will test RU before doing so and after going on Test

Where do you buy topical Dutasteride?
  • 03-07-2020 02:54 PM
    robodoc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAnds View Post
    *Update*
    The RU seems to work fine for me (RU+Alc+PG). I started dermarolling as well. So at the moment I use RU and Minox topical (Minox just every 3rd day as a booster) and derma roller 1 session/week.
    Feels good so far, no sideeffects noticed.

This comment was from 2017....how is it working today?? It is not working you will say I am sure. None of this crap works except for topical Fin, Minox. and some caffeine. Right?
  • 03-07-2020 02:56 PM
    robodoc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bluewater View Post
    How effective has RU been for you guys? I have been using it in a Minox solution for almost a year September. I have receding and temple loss and I haven't gotten any noticeable regrowth. I have a few random hairs on the totally bald areas. I am also using it on the places i have hair to hopefully decrease loss and gain some additional growth in the productive area. I have been using Minox as the base simply because it is easier and less expensive. Was not aware that it may not be the right thing to do. What do you advise?

Exactly....sorry it does not work, save your dough and health.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM