• 09-11-2016 04:54 AM
    Miiw
    2 Attachment(s)
    My 8 week result with Minoxidil, Derma Roller, Saw Palmetto and Nizoral
    Hey Guys!

I've been reading the forum for some time, but I just recently decided to register and share my story.

In short: I'm 25 years old, been balding from my early 20's. Went from thick full head of hair to thin hair in a matter of few years. Decided to buzz my hair, I was pretty happy, look pretty decent with the "bald / buzzed " hair style.
    Yet sometimes I felt that I didn't want to be completely bald at my age, the feeling that we all young balders get I reckon.
    So I was pretty excited when I found about the dermaroller study that was made back in 2013.
    So I thought what the heck, let's try it.

First I started with Rogaine 5% and Ketoconazol 2%, after 1 month on Rogaine & Keto I added derma roller and Saw Palmetto to the regime and here are the results!
    I gotta say I'm really pleased with the result so far! And they say that Rogaine shouldn't even show any signs of improvement before the 3 month mark!
    Especially I'm surprised how much of my hairline got back!
    The redness in the after picture is due to the derma roller treatment I did just before the photo.

Open to any questions etc.
    If you want more pics etc, let me know.
  • 09-11-2016 05:18 AM
    Louish
    Impressive improvement! I.ve been on the fence about Rogaine for years. I had a HT on my hairline but I am wondering if I should use Rogaine to maintain my vertex. It has very mixed results and some people get worse.
  • 09-11-2016 05:41 AM
    Miiw
    I can only talk about my own experience, and for me Rogaine / Minoxidil has been extremely helpful! I think Rogaine works if you use it consistently two times a day, there really is no way around it. Otherwise you just keep sending your hair follicles to the telogen phase, which causes you to shed all the time.

So if you do decide to go on Minoxidil, you should use it consistently. I think after few weeks its a routine, like brushing ones teeth, so not really that big of an effort! :)

Also, you could ask your HT surgeon what he thinks about you going on Rogaine?
  • 09-11-2016 05:56 AM
    Louish
    I use milder products I am not scared of th routine but minoxidil can be somewhat messier to apply my hair is a lot longer than you. I am also worried about the systemic effect of minox, this med was created for blood pressure and it does affect it. You aree the first person I see on this site with good results from minox without finasteride.
  • 09-11-2016 06:13 AM
    Miiw
    Yeah. I still do buzz my hair short, at least it helps when applying minox. Maybe I'll go for longer hair style, if the improvements keep on going!
    How about foam minoxidil, I've read and heard that it should be alot "cleaner" for longer hair?

Also I think I wouldn't had this great result with only Rogaine, microneedling (aka. dermarolling) has helped alot! So you should really look up to that as well!

Also, again for me, I haven't noticed any real side effects with Rogaine, just mildly more hair on my face, and a bit thicker beard, which is hardly a side effect! :D
  • 09-11-2016 11:55 AM
    Vic
    That has to be the best results I've ever seen in 8 weeks! You should post these results in the study thread. Just amazing!
    Congrats!
  • 09-12-2016 07:48 AM
    Miiw
    Thank you Vic!!

I'm pretty surprised myself too! I never thought it could bring the hairline back in some manner!

I gotta check the study thread! :)

-Edit: Couldn't find the study thread anymore! Went back a lot of pages! Could you post me a link to it? :)
  • 09-12-2016 10:48 AM
    Vic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Miiw View Post
    Thank you Vic!!

I'm pretty surprised myself too! I never thought it could bring the hairline back in some manner!

I gotta check the study thread! :)

-Edit: Couldn't find the study thread anymore! Went back a lot of pages! Could you post me a link to it? :)

This is the thread; https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...t=dermarolling

Did you color your hair by any chance? I've just never seen results like that. Wondering if maybe you had peach fuzz and dying your hair made them show up in the pic?...
  • 09-12-2016 12:12 PM
    seanprentiec
    Dude...that's awesome Vic! Now I'm motivated to give Rogaine a try *thumbs up*
  • 09-13-2016 06:21 AM
    Miiw
    Vic mate! Thank you for the link! No, my hair is dark brown / black. My father is spanish :) So I got pretty typical spanish hair color! So nothing extra, just the mentioned applications. Also I started eating some Green Tea extracts.

-edit. Posted the results on the thread! :)

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM