• 09-22-2020 01:56 AM
    Balder87
    Side effects due to Mirconeedling and essential oil?
    Hello everyone,

my name is Nick and I am happy that there is a platform here where I can exchange with other hair loss sufferers.
    I am in my early 30s and have been taking Propecia for 10 years. I am a Diffuse Thinner and I have had very good results with Toppik so far. I have recently added microneedling and a mixture of Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Peppermint Oil to my weekly routine. Since my youth I have also been suffering from a mild form of gynecomastia, which means male breast growth. However, ever since I started using the oil, I feel a tingling in my breasts. Sometimes even painful. Can it be that essential oils contain female hormones? Has anyone had the same experience. I apply the oil directly after the microneedling. Does anyone have any good tips on what to use instead of essential oils? Applying Minoxidil daily would be too complicated for me. Is there any good hair serum?
    Thanks for your help.
  • 09-25-2020 06:55 AM
    PeakyBlinder
    What size dermaroller are you using? If you plan on applying either oils or minoxidil after rolling, I would only use a 0.25mm roller. You can roll every other day with it, and apply the solution right after. If you are using bigger than 0.5mm, there is a change that the solution you are applying is entering into your bloodstream which is what could be causing the side effects. Here is what I do: I use Minoxidil everyday. I use a 0.25mm roller with every other day (even with Minoxidil), and ONCE every 2 weeks use a 1mm roller (but DO NOT apply solution after rolling with the 1mm). How does Finasteride (Propecia) work? I have JUST started taking 1.25mg every other day. I have some diffusing in the front, hoping it can help with that (combined with the Minoxidil). Thanks!
  • 09-27-2020 03:37 AM
    Balder87
    Thanks for your advice. I will no longer apply the oil directly after microneedling.
    I have been taking Propecia for 10 years. It has not maintained my hair status completely, but it has definitely greatly reduced hair loss. I still have a lot of hair on my head and with Toppik the hair loss is not visible at all. Now I am considering taking Rogaine Foam once a day in addition to the regular treatment. Is it possible to apply Rogaine Foam on the Toppik in the evening? I would not like to wash my hair in the evening, as I always do this in the morning.
  • 09-27-2020 06:24 AM
    PeakyBlinder
    I use the liquid minoxidil (not the foam) but from what I hear, the foam is easier and quicker to use. It dries faster and doesn't leave the hair greasy. (they removed the Propylene glycol from the ingredients). I would wait until the foam completely dries, then brush the hair (not the scalp) to loosen some of the rogaine from the follicle so the Toppik will adhere better to it. I hope I am in that percentage of men that experience good regrowth with Finasteride/Propecia. I will post some progress pics in 3 months. I just buzzed my head when I started taking the finasteride...so we shall see 👍

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Benefits of Resveratrol for hair and health
05-05-2022 01:46 AM
Last Post By felixten
Yesterday 11:59 PM
1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM