Riken for the cure

Printable View

• 06-05-2018 06:38 PM
    BoSox
    Riken for the cure
  • 06-06-2018 09:13 PM
    mrclean
    Japan seems like it will be the first place for a viable treatment. Either replicel or maybe what Riken is working on....Japan seems to be the place we will be going to.
  • 06-24-2018 02:07 PM
    ClarkNYC
    Anybody have any sense of what these treatments are likely to cost?
  • 06-24-2018 09:32 PM
    mrclean
    Just a guess $3000 to $5000
  • 07-12-2018 05:26 AM
    Schiller
    Junji Fukuda of Yokohama National University (Fukuda Lab) had a similar announcement earlier this year. I think it's a race now in Japan.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.W0dHoC2ZNE5
  • 07-12-2018 02:35 PM
    BoSox
    “While human tests might not be in the cards for another five years, ultimately researchers believe the technique could be used to generate luscious new locks.”

Lol, 5 years. **** that.
  • 07-19-2018 08:27 PM
    HMDWN
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    “While human tests might not be in the cards for another five years, ultimately researchers believe the technique could be used to generate luscious new locks.”

Lol, 5 years. **** that.

It's always many years away.
    I've been reading the same thing way back in the late 70's with the magazine BS "Head Start" and the miracle goo in a little bottle (looked like semen) called Biogenesis.
  • 07-20-2018 06:59 AM
    Schiller
    Those relics of consumer capitalism can cause us to despair, yes. But technology these days is changing our lives a lot. I myself believe that some useful new development will come out of Japan.
  • 07-20-2018 12:56 PM
    beetee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Schiller View Post
    Those relics of consumer capitalism can cause us to despair, yes. But technology these days is changing our lives a lot. I myself believe that some useful new development will come out of Japan.

Agreed, the Riken thing sounds more promising and potentially near-term than the other Japanese line of research posted in the second article link. But who knows...

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth