• 10-03-2013 03:39 PM
    FlightTL
    What percentage of hair loss sufferers get hair transplants?
    If money wasn't an issue,

Why don't the rest get a transplant???
  • 10-03-2013 07:12 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    If money wasn't an issue,

Why don't the rest get a transplant???

Scaring is the only thing that would prevent me. I've seen a couple dudes with egregious scars. They're straight up fugged and can't even shave their head.
  • 10-03-2013 09:49 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Permanent scarring, inability to create anything close to a full head of hair, lifelong commitment to hormone-altering drugs, probable need for multiple procedures, ridiculous cost. Plus, I don't trust most of these doctors since they seem to be totally committed to making ridiculous amounts of money with hair transplants, but don't seem to want to innovate in any way.
  • 10-03-2013 10:34 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Permanent scarring, inability to create anything close to a full head of hair, lifelong commitment to hormone-altering drugs, probable need for multiple procedures, ridiculous cost. Plus, I don't trust most of these doctors since they seem to be totally committed to making ridiculous amounts of money with hair transplants, but don't seem to want to innovate in any way.

All of the above and lastly at the end of the day it is surgery. Surgery is never something to be taken lightly. At least for me it isn't. With every surgery there is the potential for things to go wrong, if it does, then what?
  • 10-04-2013 02:20 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    A very small percentage of individuals that experience hair loss opt for surgical hair restoration. There are many reasons for this including finances and lack of awareness.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Benefits of Resveratrol for hair and health
05-05-2022 01:46 AM
Last Post By felixten
Yesterday 11:59 PM
1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM