• 06-15-2014 06:11 AM
    gascoigne
    Importance of hair and looks
    Hello forum friend, not being here for a while, read some new post in last days.
    This post is going to be H U G E. I dont expect everyone to read it.
    First, dont take this as me "playing clever" or trying to give the ABSOLUTE truth.
    I write this becouse i want to share my for years accumulated opinions and toughts and find out what do you think.

Soul, God/religion and honesty "arguments" are, in my opinion, delusional and overrated. Life is different.
    There is no major difference between our lives and football match or street race. Its all about competition and success.
    Over the time, our cultures developed different forms of diminishing "cruel reality" as we feel fear and insecurity in admitting that life is just a pure, materialistic fight. Its safer and more appropriate to be/act like nice and humble.

To achieve any success on any field, we need the tool. Nothing will fall from sky. Even for jack pot lottery we have to give a chance by buying a "tool" - lottery ticket. No one loves Coca Cola becouse its owners are humble and honest or becouse that company gives a lot of money for charity. We drink it becouse its GOOD. It got quality. No one likes Ferrari in F1 becouse Schumacher or Jean Todd were sweet, carying guys who love to give warm Christmas speeches. We like it becouse itd GOOD, its winning. Later we may add "soul argument" to those stories by saying that we love to dring Coca Cola with brother and have nice memories on Ferrari watching with best friend.

Now, coming down to relation man - woman (same "rules" are applicable in homosexual cases).
    Just like in exampley above, we all like QUALITY. We want to consume it. Our lives is all about consuming. And we all also want, more or less, same thing. I am sorry but "we are all different" and "beauty is in eye of beholder" arguments are invalid. We ALL want Mercedes rather than Dacia or Seat. We ALL want bigger house rather than smaller. We ALL want good, delicious food rather than social aid meals and tin chicken. We ALL want symetrical white teeth rather than yellow and aslant.
    And yes, we ALMOST ALL like attractive women. Attractive = white teeth, small face, long hair, firm emphasized boobs, firm emphasized ass.
    Taste issue and "beholder beauty" issue comes in the story but only when talking about different types inside of certain class. So, someone like blonde hair, other like black hair. Someone like boobs size 3, other like it 4. Somone like Mercedes, other like BMW. Someone like white walls in his CLASSY house, other like yellow walls in his CLASSY house. NONE like awfull old cars, stinky small flats, ugly and fat girls. However, many use it as they cant have better.
    This is not shallow, this is not ignorant or superficial. This is the way we are. It is our inborn, imminent need. Just like we have to eat. I am not saying that world is great or even good, but it is like this for thousand of centuries, there is no other.

To attract and keep a woman, you need to have a tool. Major and most popular tools are:
    1.Appearance
    2.Money/Power
    8.Sense for humor, good talking, social skills
    9.Inteligence/Education/Versatility
    10.Good, heedful, humble and modest heart
    *I purposely omitted power of FAME, since 95% of peopple dont have it and cant achive it. Fame is definetly most powerful tool. However, there are rare examples of fame without money, so it bassicly comes to same.

1. Appearance(looks) is first and most important tool/quality when attracting opposite gender. It provides same success with young as well as older females. It is also the most permanent tool since good look with some effort and little luck can last 20-40 (great) and 40-55 (good). For young girls, you dont need much money if you have 1. Just enough to have nice clean clothes and hygene. Second, most of young girls are not gold diggers. Money-must-have are about 25% among hot young girls. Also for older good looking ladies (35-45) years appearance beats money in 85% cases.

2. Money/power: Almost always money = power. However, there are rare cases where man can have power without money, like when some young guy is dons or kingpins favourite and becouse of him have all benefits : flashy cars, free tables in disco, free cocain etc etc.
    Further, money can achieve a lot. You dont need to be good looking guy 4/10, 50/10 is enough. You will have no bigger problems attracting 8/10 and 9/10 girls. But, why appearance is at 1 and money 2? No matter how much money you have, you CANT be fat or really ugly. Even if you score some gold digger 8.5/10, she will never be in love with you and it will be a matter of time when some good looking guy will have her behind your back.

Looks AND money is all win situation and no matter what "game", talking, social skills and personality we have, 95% of hot girls and ladies are available.

Back to appearance section: modern day (last 100-200 years also) good looking qualities are height, athletic body, wide shoulders, symetric face, nice white teeth, preferable dark hair clean and gentle skin, also better darker than white and pale.
    As we can see, there is no question is hair need or not, it is even the dark hair in more preferable position. Three major aestethic handicaps you can have are: being short, being fat and being bald. Those are three "golden" rules. It is now know what is more repulsive to women.

It may be sad and disappointing but kindness, social skills, number of read books, good hear are almost TOTALLY irrelevant when it comes to attracting hot female examples. It may be added as bonus, and later. Pure and simple argument for this: it is almost impossible to find good looking girl with fat guy; it is very hard to find gl girl with bald guy (unless he is rich, high positioned, or powerful in crime milieu).
    No woman LIKE fat guys, no woman LIKE bald guys. It is just that some of them, who are not good looking either, have to settle down for fat or bald guy. Having just one of those handicaps you can look 5/10 at most! However, height issue is something we are born with and short people have it as part of their identity since they are born. Fat people can do a lost about their problems sto this is also somewhat "mild". Hair loss a 8/10 guy put down to 5/10 in a second.
    There are two reasons for this:
    a) practical (bottom of our face is chin and top is hair. When guy is above NW2.5 he lose his hairline and face proportion are put off balance. Therefor, hairline and hair on top are requierd to frame our face. Effect of this disproportion is oversized forehead. This is why is better to be NW1 with bald vertex).
    b) cultural (there is big negative stigma on baldness, pop culture and mass media influenced this stigma big time, becouse of this, almost no girl want to be with someone who society percieve as unattractive. This is why even NW1 with balding vertex is still considered as bald guy).
  • 06-15-2014 08:40 AM
    J_B_Davis
    Success and responsible looks trumps extremely good looking losers every time. A great looking man who has no direction after age 25 will never get the real quality, hot women a successful guy will get. Women might talk about “hot” guys, but in the end landing a reasonable looking, successful guy gives them more status in the world and among their peers. The hotter the woman, the more they gravitate towards success as apposed to looks. Most young guys don’t get that.
  • 06-15-2014 09:55 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Success and responsible looks trumps extremely good looking losers every time. A great looking man who has no direction after age 25 will never get the real quality, hot women a successful guy will get. Women might talk about “hot” guys, but in the end landing a reasonable looking, successful guy gives them more status in the world and among their peers. The hotter the woman, the more they gravitate towards success as apposed to looks. Most young guys don’t get that.

Bingo! You can get by just on looks when you are young. Once you hit your mid to late 20's(maybe even sooner) you have to bring something else to the table. Before some of you have a heart attack, I will say that yes women will still consider your looks, but that alone will not guarantee you success with the best women.
  • 06-16-2014 08:45 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Couldn't have said it better.

Chuck
  • 06-16-2014 11:45 AM
    gascoigne
    You are not correct. Read my post carefuly.
  • 06-16-2014 12:52 PM
    J_B_Davis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gascoigne View Post
    You are not correct. Read my post carefuly.

I think I read your post quite carefully. In your opinion we may be wrong, but many people probably agree with our comments.
  • 06-16-2014 01:14 PM
    Dan26
    You are confusing attraction and arousal.

Ofcourse men and woman both will be aroused and perhaps lust after someone based soley off looked. But that doesn't neccesarilly make them attractive to the other person. It doesn't make them want to invest emotionally.

If you saw some hot young college girl who was dumb as bricks sure you would want to get in bed with her but your attraction to her would not have to be much.

Flip side ofcourse woman want short term flings with guys who arouse them and dont have anything more to offer but they may not be attracted to these men and invest emotionally in them.

Also consider men are more visual creatures while woman respond to behavioral cues
  • 06-16-2014 01:33 PM
    Sogeking
    Yes this world is definitely based on looks to some regard. Looks can help you win in the competition of life you so described but winning might not mean happiness. If you are miserable, a good looking woman won't make you stop being miserable.
    Its like getting a new car, you get the new car but sooner or later you find yourself wanting something more (in most cases).

Don't know about you guys but my goal is to be happy, however not at the cost of happiness of others.

I want a beautiful loving woman in my life and I think hair might be a small step that will make me more confident and better looking reaching that goal. But getting a beautiful woman does not depend on the looks alone. Looks are fleeting.

Hair or no hair I still ask myself the same question from time to time: "What is the purpose of life?"

There is no answer and there are a lot of answers to that question. It ain't hair though and it ain't looks...
  • 06-16-2014 02:11 PM
    J_B_Davis
    Great responses! There are too many young guys on these boards who honestly believe that without model looks, life is barley worth living. This could not be further from the truth. It’s about being happy! Women want men who take responsibility for their own lives and happiness. Am I perfectly content having to deal with hair loss, hell no, but it's what I have to deal with and I do my best to live my life to the fullest. Women sense this and see it as an attractive trait. It’s part of the whole success package.
  • 06-16-2014 02:24 PM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Great responses! There are too many young guys on these boards who honestly believe that without model looks, life is barley worth living. This could not be further from the truth. It’s about being happy! Women want men who take responsibility for their own lives and happiness. Am I perfectly content having to deal with hair loss, hell no, but it's what I have to deal with and I do my best to live my life to the fullest. Women sense this and see it as an attractive trait. It’s part of the whole success package.

Couldn't agree more.

Chuck

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM