• 09-11-2012 06:55 PM
    Hairthere
    Delphi,
    I had the chance to see a permanent tattoo case up close and personal. The dots were bluish and large. It did not look so great. The guy then had some work done by Beauty Medical and the results were night and day. I have had the procedure done as well and I am pretty excited with the results. It was the icing on the cake for my HT work.
  • 09-11-2012 07:52 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I have made my opinion clear many times in other threads that scalp tattooing is one of the stupidest ideas anyone can do. As someone who has several tattoos, many of which supposedly have true blacks that are not supposed to fade or turn bluish, I will tell you that this is complete horseshit! Every shade of black or gray will turn bluish green over time. I believe that people are being taken advantage of by these permanent scalp tattoo “artists” and I think it’s just a horrible way to deal with hair loss.

This on the other hand actually seems promising and it makes more sense if it acts the way it is being advertised. This work also looks much more refined then what I have seen from other places doing it. I’d like to see some pictures of what it looks like when it is faded.

I couldn't agree more with your first paragraph, Delphi. It truly is one of the stupidest ideas that I can think of. Not only that, I think that it is insane. Maybe I can understand if SMP is done to camoflauge a scar, but in terms of using it to actually act as some kind of illusion of hair is just downright stupid and ridiculous, if not insane. I was excited when Joe Greco pioneered the use of PRP in hopes of hair regrowth because there was legitimate science behind it, even though I don't think the hair regrowth results weren't as expected. But not only is there no legitimate science behind head tattooing, but it could cause permanent damage to one of the most visible areas of a person's body (the head). This is really a crock, I believe.
  • 09-11-2012 08:21 PM
    Hairthere
    Depressed, the work that Milena is doing, imo, is extremely impressive and natural looking. It appears (even under magnification) just like real stubble. On a shaved head the effect looks like hair just beginning to grow in. On someone who has plenty of hair like myself, it works more like a Dermatch effect.

Regarding causing damage; her needle does not penetrate deep enough to cause any harm (that's one of the reasons why it fades after two years). Dr. Feller observed the process and deemed it perfectly safe.
  • 09-12-2012 08:22 AM
    northeastguy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairthere View Post
    Depressed, the work that Milena is doing, imo, is extremely impressive and natural looking. It appears (even under magnification) just like real stubble. On a shaved head the effect looks like hair just beginning to grow in. On someone who has plenty of hair like myself, it works more like a Dermatch effect.

Regarding causing damage; her needle does not penetrate deep enough to cause any harm (that's one of the reasons why it fades after two years). Dr. Feller observed the process and deemed it perfectly safe.

Hairthere... We would love to see some photos of the work Melina did for you. Just to see how it has improved your HT. other than safety... Which we are finding out about everyday, how detectable do you think it is lender with your existing hair? How short is your current style?

Thanks!
  • 09-13-2012 12:24 PM
    Hairthere
    northeast, I just posted some pics. My hair is medium length right now. The results are completely undetectable, imo. I saw my bro's results in person today for the first time since he had it done and I am blown away.
  • 09-13-2012 12:31 PM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairthere View Post
    northeast, I just posted some pics. My hair is medium length right now. The results are completely undetectable, imo. I saw my bro's results in person today for the first time since he had it done and I am blown away.

Where did you post them? :P
  • 09-13-2012 01:30 PM
    Hairthere
    Kiwi, they are in this section of the forum.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM