• 04-17-2011 01:58 PM
    BoSox
    Diffuse thinning? or normal?
    I've posted pictures of my hair before, and i've been told that people don't see any signs of hair loss.

I have "fine" hair, and with my hair standing up on the top, I can see my scalp easy. Here are some pictures of my head with direct sunlight.

Now, you can't tell me this is normal :/

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/87034053.jpg/

http://img853.imageshack.us/i/ds2i.jpg/

http://img200.imageshack.us/i/40924054.jpg/

My hair does lay flat on the sides, so it appears darker.. but when I shaved my head last year, it still seemed darker.. So i'm pretty sure I have diffuse thinning :*(

Should I switch to Avodart instead of Propecia that I've been on for 4 yrs now?

I can't deal with this hair being so thin, if it were normal I'd be ok with it.. but if it's due to MPB... I want to fix it the best I can.
  • 04-17-2011 03:48 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    You have more hair than some people who are not even suffering from MPB. What do you want to look like Pauly D? Lol jk.

Man honestly I don't see where you're thinning, maybe just a little bit in the crown? I am not sure.

Where exactly do you feel you're thinning the most?
  • 04-17-2011 03:51 PM
    BoSox
    The crown.. if I were to tilt my head towards the light, you could see scalp even on the sides, like I said I have fine hair

But because I have a patch of thicker hair near the frontal area, I'm worried about diffuse thinning.. My ex wife tells me my hair is even all around.. but with the right angles, you can see the difference in some areas..

I dont know, maybe it;s just me.
  • 04-18-2011 06:46 AM
    BoSox
    It could also appear thinner because I had a little product in my hair.. arg :{ idk.
  • 04-18-2011 08:11 AM
    mothernature
    ur not losing hair. Looks great to me i would never think u were balding.
  • 04-18-2011 12:42 PM
    mattj
    Straight hair can let a lot of light through to the scalp, especially in areas where it grows straight out. It's impossible to say for sure that you haven't lost any hair or that you won't lose some/more in the future, but the last thing you should be doing is worrying about what it looks like now.
  • 04-18-2011 12:53 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Yeah you're balding straight down the middle. Go switch to avodart, get some prp and a hair transplant. Go NOW! I think this Is what you want to hear.
  • 04-18-2011 12:59 PM
    mothernature
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Yeah you're balding straight down the middle. Go switch to avodart, get some prp and a hair transplant. Go NOW! I think this Is what you want to hear.

i agree.. at this rate he will be a NW6 in a few weeks.. this is clearly one of the most aggressive MPB cases this board has seen. Even meds may be too late for you now
  • 04-18-2011 01:08 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
    i agree.. at this rate he will be a NW6 in a few weeks.. this is clearly one of the most aggressive MPB cases this board has seen. Even meds may be too late for you now

This is a joke and it's not even funny. Shit like this gets you mad at times.
  • 04-20-2011 12:28 PM
    mattj
    Even though BoSox probably has no hairloss whatsoever, it's understandable that he would be worried after suspecting he might have lost some. He knows as well as we do that very minor loss that nobody can notice can progress to something genuinely concerning. Wanting to catch it early is a positive thing. So many guys just live in denial for a while.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth