SMP == Not convinced.

Printable View

• 02-15-2013 12:49 AM
    JDuff
    SMP == Not convinced.
    I observed a recipient of SMP last night, and I'm really not convinced.

Like most (99.999% of ??) ppl. who have this procedure, their head is completely shaved down to the skin, but the SMP pigmentation is applied to simulate a juvenile/teenage hairline (and usually in a very exaggerated pattern WRT to the recipient and/or weight). It's almost never applied in a fashion consistent with the age or body type of the recipient.

This seems to be somewhat paradoxical. If your hairline was this good, I doubt you'd shave your entire head down to the skin in the first place!!

Thoughts??
  • 02-15-2013 11:01 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    I agree with everything you said, especially the last thing you said. I strongly considered dong this, then thought to my self "If my hairline was really that good looking, would I keep my head shaved like that? Wouldn't people catch on eventually?".

I must admit, it's a decent last resort thing if you're absolutely fed up with everything else and have tried everything...and you're just tired of everything that has to do with hair loss and treatments, like me. Even though this is my last resort, i'm still not going to bite.
  • 02-15-2013 09:20 PM
    aim4hair
    I agree, plus u'll always be anxious that somebody might touch your head, alot of friends (specially women) would rub their hands on buzzed or shaved hair..
  • 02-16-2013 12:27 AM
    Still-Researching
    Unless its used to cover a bad FUT scar - I do not see any upsides on SMP - but then again I am very conservative and would not jump into putting ink on my head...
  • 02-16-2013 12:30 AM
    UK_
    Well it also highlights the obvious absolute absence of options we have LOL.

According to some people Gho is curing hair loss but I am still highly dubious until I see some actual evidence of NW7 > NW2/3 etc.
  • 02-16-2013 12:40 AM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I agree, plus u'll always be anxious that somebody might touch your head, alot of friends (specially women) would rub their hands on buzzed or shaved hair..

What about having a transplant that spreads sparse hair all around your head, and have these dots in between those hairs. In this way, when someone would touch your head, at least they would feel something, isn't it?
  • 02-16-2013 12:43 AM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Well it also highlights the obvious absolute absence of options we have LOL.

According to some people Gho is curing hair loss but I am still highly dubious until I see some actual evidence of NW7 > NW2/3 etc.

I read somewhere that the hair Gho replicates has less than half density of the original hair, and the original hair is also reduced to less than half of its density. So when the two are combined, the density is less than the density of the original hair. Now if that is true, then Gho's procedure is useless. Also I read that the transplanted hair does not grow more than a few millimeters. Is that true?
  • 02-16-2013 01:55 AM
    aim4hair
    Quote:

Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    What about having a transplant that spreads sparse hair all around your head, and have these dots in between those hairs. In this way, when someone would touch your head, at least they would feel something, isn't it?

Yeah, that might work but don't forget with traditional HTs (FUT, FUE) you will have scars(strip or white dots) that might prevent you from sporting the buzz cut.
  • 02-16-2013 01:58 AM
    aim4hair
    Quote:

Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I read somewhere that the hair Gho replicates has less than half density of the original hair, and the original hair is also reduced to less than half of its density. So when the two are combined, the density is less than the density of the original hair. Now if that is true, then Gho's procedure is useless. Also I read that the transplanted hair does not grow more than a few millimeters. Is that true?

That's not true, Iron Man was just being sarcastic regarding the few millimeters thing but it seems like some ppl believed it!! :confused:
  • 02-16-2013 02:02 AM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Yeah, that might work but don't forget with traditional HTs (FUT, FUE) you will have scars(strip or white dots) that might prevent you from sporting the buzz cut.

That is why I am considering a Body hair transplant without any head hair, so that I don't have scars and dots. But Dr. Umar is way too expensive. If they offer the cheap versions of it in countries like SriLanka, Thailand, that would be great.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By li7chang
Today 12:44 AM
Surgeons in SE Asia (Thailand)
10-20-2018 10:30 AM
by martino
Last Post By EFab