• 07-14-2009 12:04 AM
    JMay83
    Thanks Dr. Baxa! I think I'll give Rogaine Foam a try on my hairline.
  • 07-14-2009 08:28 AM
    Dinko9
    Dr. Baxa i've been using rogaine/regaine now for 2 weeks and my hair has really started to thin out on top after using it. Before i started using rogaine my hair was already thin on top, but now it really started to thin out. I'm considering it stop using the product and maybe move on to something else. I was wondering what other hair loss products/shampoos etc you would recommend i use..I'm considering using nisim, is it any good? I'm only 21 and this is a realy blow to my self esteem, its kinda depressing looking in the mirror every day any seeing a young guy with a receding hairline! :(
  • 08-05-2009 06:06 PM
    danger0613
    Still losing
    Thanks for your response Dr. Baxa!

I keep hearing that Rogaine will not cause me to lose more hair, but I'm still losing hair even though i stopped using Rogaine 4 months ago. This is after having only using it for 3weeks. I had no bald spots and had a decent amount of hair prior to Rogaine and now my hair is extremely thin and i am developing patches of bald spots. I have been extremely depressed over this. Can you tell me how long the "accelerated shed" is supposed to last? Will the hair that has been shedding grow back. I am extremely worried that I just killed my hair folicles. Also, if I was not going to be completely bald will I now go bald do to the use of Rogaine?

Please help...

Thanks so much for your time.
  • 08-05-2009 06:09 PM
    danger0613
    Hey JMay83

How has the battle been going? Has your hair improved at all since you stopped Rogaine? This is killing me man. My hair just keeps getting worse. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?
  • 08-06-2009 07:50 AM
    Mark Baxa, MD
    Danger1613 - Reply from Dr. Baxa
    Hello 'Danger0613,

I am sure from your response that you are indeed very concerned about your current hair loss or shedding. However, please know that I have never read any medical articles that indeed show that Rogaine can be responsible for continued hair loss after it has been stopped.

What is important for you, is to realize that 'Stress' can also be a factor in continued hair loss. I know that this is simple to state and sometimes very hard to accomplish ... But we see this following major hospital surgeries when a patient has been 'stressed' by anesthesia or the operation itself. So 'Stress' can be a factor in increased hair loss.

The fact of the matter is that now that you have stopped the rogaine ... you should soon stablize and ... 'if' you are to have continued hair loss, it will be because of your genetic predisposition to have continued hair loss and not the rogaine.

But also consider the 'stress' factor.

I wish you the best!

Mark D. Baxa, MD
  • 02-07-2010 02:02 AM
    sk8drew201
  • 02-10-2010 12:49 AM
    Constantine
    Hi Doctor Baxa,
    I have been experiencing increased shedding after taking propecia for 1month now...May i know is that normal? How long will this shedding last?
    And wat is the recommended dosage time for propecia?
    I normally consume it before sleep..
  • 02-10-2010 08:51 AM
    SpencerKobren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    Hi Doctor Baxa,
    I have been experiencing increased shedding after taking propecia for 1month now...May i know is that normal? How long will this shedding last?
    And wat is the recommended dosage time for propecia?
    I normally consume it before sleep..

Hey Constantine,
    What you are experiencing is completely normal and happens to a relatively large percentage of guys who start Propecia. Eventually the increased shedding should slow down, so I wouldn't be too concerned. There is no clinical data indicating the best time to take Propecia, just try to take it around the same time every day if possible.
  • 02-10-2010 09:10 AM
    Delphi
    I went through a shed about 3 months in and it stopped within 6 weeks. I Don't worry about it, the hair grows back
  • 02-10-2010 04:30 PM
    Constantine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I went through a shed about 3 months in and it stopped within 6 weeks. I Don't worry about it, the hair grows back

So how long do you see positive results after started propecia?
    Do you see regrowth of hair besides hairloss stoppage after taking propecia?
    How long you been taking propecia and do u add on minoxidil or nizoral shampoo?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Which is the best Salesforce institutes in Hyderabad?
Yesterday 09:59 AM
Last Post By palashmim2022
Yesterday 09:59 AM
The Resveratrol microneedling process study - enroll now
04-11-2022 02:38 AM
Last Post By Briam1930
03-16-2024 05:43 AM
What wedding packages are offered in Tbilisi?
01-27-2024 04:13 AM
by Jiromen
Last Post By Henryclark
03-16-2024 03:12 AM
Tour Operator's Treasures in Bangladesh
09-28-2023 06:48 AM
by davidm
Last Post By Briam1930
03-16-2024 12:49 AM