One photo/ one decision

Printable View

• 06-26-2012 10:30 AM
    25 going on 65
    Hairline and temples are cosmetically more important than anywhere else on your scalp. There are very few surgeons I would let handle those areas, and Gho is not one of them, regeneration or no.
  • 06-26-2012 11:40 AM
    LPSboxing
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Hairline and temples are cosmetically more important than anywhere else on your scalp. There are very few surgeons I would let handle those areas, and Gho is not one of them, regeneration or no.

I don't agree at all. Crown is as important as the hairline, even more I think.

Nothing worse than looking 'good' from the front, then as soon as you turn around 'surprise surprise' a big bald crown.

Talk about turning off the cute girl you were talking to.
  • 06-26-2012 01:23 PM
    chrisis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post

Nothing worse than looking 'good' from the front, then as soon as you turn around 'surprise surprise' a big bald crown.

I think the point is that it only takes a reasonably good doctor to deal with crown cases; it takes a world class doctor to skillfully craft a natural-looking hairline.
  • 06-26-2012 01:26 PM
    ccmethinning
    I think part of the "problem" with Gho hairlines is that he doesn't do 6000 graft mega sessions. He can do 2000 - 2500 grafts max a year to assure proper healing. Many patients he can only do even less than that. Nobody, save maybe a NW2, is going to get an Alvi Armani hairline with 2000 grafts.
  • 06-26-2012 01:30 PM
    ccmethinning
    Gho can give reasonable looking hairlines in one session though.

[IMG]http://www.*************/hair-loss/img/uploaded/2879_image1134.jpg[/IMG]

That is Wes Sneijder. He isn't going to become a hair model anytime soon, but any balding man that says that that hairline isn't good enough is just greedy and/or delusional.
  • 06-26-2012 02:36 PM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post

Fair enough, I agree a significantly balding or bald crown is quite bad cosmetically, especially for younger guys. But if I had to choose between using my precious donor to fill the crown (which eats up a lot of grafts even without too much density) or to frame the face, I'll go with option 2 every time.
    I say this because there are more and better non-surgical options for the crown than in the temples and hairline. It responds better to meds, you can get away easier with using concealers there, and in a worse case scenario you can even wear a partial system (detectability is less of a concern if your hairline and temples are real-- at least you won't have mesh poking out the front like Travolta)
  • 06-26-2012 03:14 PM
    stratofortress
    /\

Crown is still most important for me as before I had/knew about hairloss it was only people with bare crowns, not receding hairlines that I'd tag as balding.
  • 06-27-2012 05:33 PM
    ThinningB420
    Last year my parents made me take a Christmas picture with my brothers in outside on vacation and I couldn't believe how bald my front looked. It looked awful. That's when I realized how much hair I had lost in the past two years. Unfortunately, I think altering one's hormones with fin is dangerous so I won't get a HT until there is some solution to maintaining what is left.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:47 AM
Hair Loss - Who Do You Talk To? - The Bald Truth For May 10th, 2024
05-10-2024 01:28 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
05-10-2024 01:28 PM
How do project management consulting firms manage?
10-12-2023 06:15 AM
Last Post By annastark
05-09-2024 09:19 PM
How we do hairline femininization with interview Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM