• 04-29-2012 09:53 PM
    JJJJrS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Why on earth are you people demanding anything from Spencer when it comes to Gho? Do you really think he has some sort of control over what doctors choose to do in their practices. He had Gho on his program, I heard him say tonight that Gho’s hair transplants look good. He also said that any FUE doctor would love to do Gho’s procedure if in fact it works consistently and the he hopes it does work, but he has zero control over whether people adopt it or not. Even if he tells every doctor in the world that it works this will not make these doctors do it if they don't want to. You guys are too much. Spencer is just a man, he has no control over what the doctors do!

Nobody is asking Spencer to promote HST! Neither are the vast majority of posters implying he has some power over the entire industry.

There are no demands here. All I'm asking for, and I know lots of posters here feel the way is, is some help to get to the bottom of HST. We all want to find out whether HST works for very obvious reasons. As someone who is very interested in the claims Gho is making, who else should I turn to for help rather than a leading consumer advocate in the field?

I really don't understand why you're so defensive about this. I thought this would be a Gho topic we could all finally agree on so it's a bit disappointing for me to have to constantly defend the purpose of this thread.
  • 04-30-2012 05:23 AM
    neversaynever
    Im booked in with gho in 3 weeks time. Chuck me some cash spencer, and a 3rd party can analyse my results :D
  • 04-30-2012 07:03 AM
    JJJJrS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Im booked in with gho in 3 weeks time. Chuck me some cash spencer, and a 3rd party can analyse my results :D

If you're serious then this is absolutely perfect. All we need to do is find a neutral 3rd party who will do this type of analysis.
  • 04-30-2012 07:48 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    If you're serious then this is absolutely perfect. All we need to do is find a neutral 3rd party who will do this type of analysis.

how much does gho charge?
  • 04-30-2012 08:04 AM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Just because a new technology or way to do something is available that doesn't mean every one is going to jump on it.

But we're not talking about "everyone"'s offering HST. The point is that nobody has adopted HST.

Quote:

How long did it take auto makers to adopt seat belts, ABS system, airbags....?
    That example argues against your point: Various auto manufacturers were offering all those technologies long before they became common or mandatory. Even if everybody wasn't using them, at least some manufacturers were using them.
  • 04-30-2012 08:05 AM
    Winston
    Quote:

Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post

Why would you need Spencer to give you cash to participate in this? You should volunteer your time. We don't pay Spencer anything for his time, we just expect him to do everything for us and then make demands of him. I'm all for you volunteering your time for this. I would volunteer mine if I were going to Gho and I'm sure everyone else on the forum would too.
  • 04-30-2012 08:09 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Why would you need Spencer to give you cash to participate in this? You should volunteer your time. We don't pay Spencer anything for his time, we just expect him to do everything for us and then make demands of him. I'm all for you volunteering your time for this. I would volunteer mine if I were going to Gho and I'm sure everyone else on the forum would too.

I understand your point but im pretty sure he was kidding about asking Spencer for money
  • 04-30-2012 08:37 AM
    Winston
    Quote:

Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
    I understand your point but im pretty sure he was kidding about asking Spencer for money

Great! Then it looks like we've got a volunteer.
  • 04-30-2012 01:20 PM
    SpencerKobren
    Hey Guys,

I wanted to let you know that I skyped Dr. Gho after my program last night and invited him to do another interview and chat about finding ways to better establish more consistent verifiable findings for his HST technique. I have not heard back from him yet, but I hope I will soon.

As far as my personal ability to visually verify whether HST is a success or not, there are several real world issues that come into play that make this extremely difficult, if not impossible from what I have been advised. It’s important to state that I am not a physician or a scientist, I am simply a layman like most of you. From what I’ve been told by the experts, a visual assessment will not ensure that hair follicles are completely regenerating and certainly cannot provide any verifiable data as to whether or not the fibrotic tissue surrounding the extraction sites will inhibit or impair future transplantation of these follicles in subsequent procedures.

On another note, If this procedure truly proves to be what Dr. Gho claims it is, I would love to advocate for it within the hair transplant professional community, just like I did with FUE back in 1999. However, as others have pointed out, I have no magic powers to force physicians to incorporate any procedure into their practices. The real power lies with the hair loss consumer, as seen in the evolution of FUE. If patients come forward who have had great results with Dr. Gho’s techniques en masse, the medical community will listen. I have zero control over the evolution of this technique, it simply comes down to verifiable evidence, and consumer demand.

I also think it might be in the best interest of the hair loss community, and Dr. Gho’s HST technique if some of the more vocal posters suggest to Dr. Gho that he train 10 or so physicians in this technique at no charge. It would not effect Dr. Gho’s long term business model and since physicians will continue to pay his company for all supplies needed for HST, he’ll still be profiting right away from this approach. An effort like this might just help to get things rolling in a positive direction if in fact HST is consistently successful. Once this is proven, it is my view, that physicians will be lining up to pay the $50,000 training fee.

I will keep the community updated concerning my communication with Dr. Gho.
  • 04-30-2012 01:25 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Last time, gc83uk took really nice clear pictures of his donor which were analyzed and seemed to indicate there was a significant amount of regrowth. For a lot of people this wasn't conclusive evidence. So what will it take to conclusively prove HST?

I'd like to see photographic evidence documenting donor regrowth on Dr. Gho's own site, but I don't. Is it not there, or have I just missed it?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM