Cetirizine

Printable View

• 10-16-2012 04:18 PM
    Conpecia
    Cetirizine
    Looks like some other forums are experimenting with the antihistamine Cetirizine to block PGD2. Not sure if this falls into "cutting edge" treatments, but people are reporting mild regrowth in areas that have been slick for years, along with decreased shedding and decreased MPB itch, all in a relatively short time (couple months). Apparently the Germans are into it. I don't know much about it, but figured I would give you guys a heads up; maybe some other members can take the lead here with regard to the science behind it, and I'm sure some of you have heard of this already and perhaps have tried or are trying it.

All I know is that they use this TOPICALLY, not systematically. Sorry, taking Zyrtec every day will not cure your hairloss. But crushing a lot of Zyrtec into a powder and mixing the powder with a liquid vehicle might make a topical that does something.

I'm not advocating that anyone try this or that this even works. Just wanted to pass some positive information on and see what you guys think.
  • 10-16-2012 04:20 PM
    garethbale
    Hi

Where did you see this? Can you post a link?

Cheers
  • 10-16-2012 04:22 PM
    Conpecia
    not sure if there are regulations on the type of link I can post from another hairloss site, but here you go:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=101616
  • 10-23-2012 09:14 PM
    Conpecia
    Nobody interested in this? A guy on hairlosshelp says he's got vellus hairs sprouting all over his scalp, some of which are turning terminal. Couple other guys are chiming in and saying their MPB itch has completely stopped as well as shedding after a week of using this stuff. I'm on an iPad and can't load that German website for some reason but apparently a guy there has incredible results after 3 months. This treatment seems pretty cheap and fairly easy to whip up. Surprised people aren't all over this one. Guess I'll keep updating as I find more info.
  • 10-23-2012 09:48 PM
    hellouser
    If its topical and works better than RU58841, I would gladly switch.

However, I wonder if it'd make sense to just crush the cetirizine and mix it with Minoxidil using alongside RU58841. That should cover the the entire day, DHT and PGD2 blocked. Sounds like a pretty good combo!
  • 10-23-2012 10:10 PM
    hellouser
    This actually looks pretty promising! Check out the pics below, its from a thread on *****************.

Thats a LOT of very small but clearly new hairs.

Quote:

Getting more and more optimistic that Cetirizine may be a cure.

I started topical cetirizine about 5 weeks ago and things are looking good. Not as good as the
    pics below so I'm going to find some Pantostin.

This German user started minoxidil / Pantostin / cetirizine about 2 months ago:

Start minox for a year:

http://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/fa/10057/

Here is a pic after 4 weeks of adding Pantostin / Cetirizine:

http://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/fa/10214/

Amazing at around 60 days:

http://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/fa/10342/

And here are more pics from the same guy on the German forum, scroll down to find them:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...yzagx27WOI88lw

I have several of these small dark hairs growing in previously bald areas so I'm seeing similar results after 5 weeks.

Thread I started 5 weeks ago:

http://www.*****************/interact...18#post1100618
    http://www.*****************/interact...tin-Cetirizine
  • 10-23-2012 10:27 PM
    rdawg
    Those links dont work, any other way to see the pictures?

I'm intrigued by anything that has to do with PGD2.
  • 10-23-2012 11:05 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Those links dont work, any other way to see the pictures?

I'm intrigued by anything that has to do with PGD2.

Copy and paste the link into a new browser window or tab, they don't open via clicking on the link directly.
  • 10-24-2012 04:48 AM
    thechamp
    Exciting
    Any sides topically this could be good news for once
  • 10-24-2012 06:51 AM
    Kirby_
    IMO the most interesting thing about this are the results, which (if genuine, or genuinely from cetirizine) although not incredible, show the potential of PGD2 blocking. And cetirizine isn't even a CRTH2 antagonist...
  • 10-24-2012 07:13 AM
    thechamp
    :)
    Well maybe someone can come up with a stronger pgd2 topical blocker?
  • 10-24-2012 08:07 AM
    Smega
    For everyone's reference:

Pantostin = http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfatradiol
  • 10-24-2012 12:25 PM
    Kiwi
    Where do I get this stuff from?
  • 10-24-2012 12:49 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Where do I get this stuff from?

You get Cet from a grocery store or online. It's just an over the counter antihistamine for allergies. Crush a bunch up and combine with a vehicle and voila. Stuff's cheap.
  • 10-24-2012 12:54 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    This actually looks pretty promising! Check out the pics below, its from a thread on *****************.

Thats a LOT of very small but clearly new hairs.

http://www.*****************/interact...tin-Cetirizine

Woah! Pretty obvious that something is working there. Can't wait to see what happens in a year...
  • 10-24-2012 01:01 PM
    dex89
    This is really interesting, thanks OP! You think it's a good idea combining it with the BIG 3, foligain, emu oil, spiro?
  • 10-24-2012 02:17 PM
    thechamp
    It's hay fever season in Australia so I go buy Zyrtec or a knock of brand and crush them in to water that's it?
  • 10-24-2012 03:34 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    This is really interesting, thanks OP! You think it's a good idea combining it with the BIG 3, foligain, emu oil, spiro?

Not sure man. I'm no science or medicine guy, just a dude losing his hair. Can't recommend any combos but I know some are mixing with minox.
  • 10-24-2012 03:35 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    It's hay fever season in Australia so I go buy Zyrtec or a knock of brand and crush them in to water that's it?

Check that first link, there are detailed instructions there.
  • 10-25-2012 12:50 AM
    thechamp
    Spectral dnc
    I might crush few hay fever tablets in my spectral dnc with the nansomes will probably be a epic combo!
  • 10-25-2012 08:26 AM
    Conpecia
    I wonder if it's soluble in that shampoo, I will probably do it that way too if it works.
  • 10-25-2012 01:12 PM
    rdawg
    anyone else attempting this? I'd love to see the affect of it on more people, whether there's any sides etc.
  • 10-25-2012 01:18 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    anyone else attempting this? I'd love to see the affect of it on more people, whether there's any sides etc.

When taken orally (Cetirizine), these are the potential side effects:
    • Dryness of the mouth, nose and throat
    • Drowsiness
    • Urinary retention
    • Blurred vision
    • Nightmares
    • Stomach ache

I have a feeling those won't be an issue when used topically, though who knows but seeing as its deemed safe orally, i cant see many complications when use topically. The small regrowth in slick bald areas from the pictures I linked looks pretty awesome... *fingers crossed*
  • 10-25-2012 01:22 PM
    rdawg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    When taken orally (Cetirizine), these are the potential side effects:
    • Dryness of the mouth, nose and throat
    • Drowsiness
    • Urinary retention
    • Blurred vision
    • Nightmares
    • Stomach ache

I have a feeling those won't be an issue when used topically, though who knows but seeing as its deemed safe orally, i cant see many complications when use topically. The small regrowth in slick bald areas from the pictures I linked looks pretty awesome... *fingers crossed*

I think the only way to get the affect anyway is topically, which does make some sense.

we'll see though, PGD2 is an interesting idea, the problem is the frustrating FDA laws. I get it that they're used to protect us from harmful sides and such, but really PGD2 could be safe and have an affect. So if some are willing to test it, they'll be able to skip the 4-5 years of clinical trials.

In theory isn't it a good thing to use PGD2 with Minoxidil to get the greatest affect?
  • 10-25-2012 02:20 PM
    thechamp
    **** fda
    Why wait I took two yesterday for hay fever makes you tired, I wonder if we took this every day what it would do?
  • 10-25-2012 03:00 PM
    Jcm800
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Why wait I took two yesterday for hay fever makes you tired, I wonder if we took this every day what it would do?

I guess you'd be yawning a lot.
  • 10-25-2012 05:03 PM
    thechamp
    How's your hair jc I think I'm going to go back on propecia 3 times a week with a estrogen blocker from a body building shop to stop weight gain
  • 10-25-2012 06:14 PM
    thechamp
    Shampoo is a good idea
    What shampoo you going to mix it with?
  • 10-25-2012 08:33 PM
    thechamp
    I'm traveling at the end of the year
    To Asia will it be safe taking shampoo mixed with this hay fever tablets to asia:)?
  • 10-27-2012 05:54 AM
    StuckInARut
    I took Cetirizine orally for roughly 16 years @ 10mg a day. I had absolutely zero hair loss issues and had a thick head of hair. I stopped gradually almost 2 years ago due to dependence effects and hair loss ensued starting about 6 months later. Could be coincidence but I'm not willing to go back on Cetirizine Hydrochloride to test it out.
  • 10-27-2012 06:11 AM
    Jcm800
    What were your dependence effects?
  • 10-27-2012 07:55 AM
    StuckInARut
    Well it was a gradual process but after the prolonged usage I noticed that the dosage I was taking wasn't effective any more. I began to experience intense itching spells all over my body and really itchy eyes. Also, I began to suffer from intense headaches and hives. If I increased dose to 15mg everything would go away so I figured that it was time to get off. Took me nearly 2 months to wean off by doing 10mg for a week followed by 5mg for nearly a month. I followed that with 2.5mg the rest of the way and then stopped all together. It was hell to go through that experience even though I was weaning I was still feeling withdrawal effects albeit not as bad as if I would've quit cold turkey. I never want to experience that again I mean the itching alone felt like I had bugs crawling under my skin and the headaches were so bad that normal painkillers like Tylenol didn't take them away.
  • 10-27-2012 08:18 AM
    Davey Jones
    But those effects were from oral cetirizine, right, StuckInaRut? Would this happen topically?

And more importantly, has anybody looked over these supposed German forums? Are people actually getting results? As long as they aren't getting any side effects, this is almost too cheap to not try.

http://www.amazon.com/CETIRIZINE-TAB...rds=CETIRIZINE
  • 10-27-2012 10:45 AM
    StuckInARut
    That is correct, I took it orally. I cannot say for sure if it would happen or not is applied topically but I assume a certain amount may be absorbed through the skin.
  • 10-28-2012 03:26 AM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    That is correct, I took it orally. I cannot say for sure if it would happen or not is applied topically but I assume a certain amount may be absorbed through the skin.

I think it would need to get into your bloodstream to make any kind of effect, much like using RU.

I'm thinking of giving it a go myself...
  • 10-28-2012 12:07 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    But those effects were from oral cetirizine, right, StuckInaRut? Would this happen topically?

And more importantly, has anybody looked over these supposed German forums? Are people actually getting results? As long as they aren't getting any side effects, this is almost too cheap to not try.

http://www.amazon.com/CETIRIZINE-TAB...rds=CETIRIZINE

I've seen a few pics of a German user who has very impressive early regrowth from 2 months. A guy named Casperz on hairloss talk is using it and reports that his shedding has stopped and he's getting terminal hairs in areas that have been slick bald for years. Several others on *** are reporting that shedding has stopped. I'm going to monitor this for a month and give it a try if the good news keeps pouring in.
  • 10-28-2012 03:05 PM
    thechamp
    Awesome
    Looks like the kitchen sink is the way to go made my own topical fin with spectral dnc see how it goes,then i get on the hay fever tablets wagon soon
  • 10-29-2012 05:08 AM
    Davey Jones
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    I've seen a few pics of a German user who has very impressive early regrowth from 2 months. A guy named Casperz on hairloss talk is using it and reports that his shedding has stopped and he's getting terminal hairs in areas that have been slick bald for years. Several others on *** are reporting that shedding has stopped. I'm going to monitor this for a month and give it a try if the good news keeps pouring in.

I'll probably try this soon too. Are you going to do the "dissolve in water to strain out the insoluble pill-matter" thing? Seems easy enough. And are you going with a special vehicle, or are you just going to apply the solution with water to your head?

Keep us updated. I'll do the same, soon as I can get around to getting some of this.
  • 10-29-2012 03:15 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I'll probably try this soon too. Are you going to do the "dissolve in water to strain out the insoluble pill-matter" thing? Seems easy enough. And are you going with a special vehicle, or are you just going to apply the solution with water to your head?

Keep us updated. I'll do the same, soon as I can get around to getting some of this.

I'm not sure. I'll probably apply it at night, so appearance won't be a factor. I think I'll just see what vehicle others use most effectively and go for that in a month. If I can maintain what I have until a better regrowth treatment comes out in a few years I'll be beyond relieved. Will def keep everyone updated.
  • 10-29-2012 03:38 PM
    dex89
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post

Please let us know what rout your using. I was planning on just adding it on my minoxidil.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

purchase requisition in business central
12-19-2023 05:38 AM
Last Post By David9232
Today 11:39 AM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 10:12 AM