Replicel

Printable View

• 05-02-2012 11:15 AM
    PinotQ
    Ipenergy, Good list......I would like to add that I hope Spencer does not lob a softball on the pennystock-ad-gate issue. Not that David Hall will divulge anything of note but it would be nice to get an explanation of the thought process behind their campaign and, more importantly, I would sure like to read his demeanor and tone of voice when he responds. One more possible interesting question: I wonder what would happen if they injected acell at the time they re-inject the DSC cells. Could acell recruit a missing molecule or two that might make a difference?
  • 05-02-2012 11:16 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    Horrible results. Almost insignificant statistically. And there was David Hall saying anything above 30% would be a massive success. :( Time to move on.

I like the lateral thinking of growing follicles on mice and transplanting them. Interesting. I'll take 100 mice please! :D
  • 05-02-2012 11:22 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    How did they get funding for phase 2? Quite frankly they don't have results good enough to proceed to phase 2. I don't understand.
  • 05-02-2012 11:25 AM
    The Alchemist
    As of now the results are:

12.5% increase in Vellus hair
    3.2% increase in terminal hair

The fate of those 12.5% vellus will be very important. If they develop into terminal hairs over the next 6 months or so, then they might be on to something. And as IPenegry has noted, there is the possibility that these results could be compoundable. If that's the case, then this would be a good result. But, only if those vellus hairs grow to terminals.

Two things i had a question about before they even started the trial were: at what depth are they making these injections and how far can these cells migrate once injected?

Suppose these cells don't migrate from the site of injection very far, if at all? Suppose that the injection depth used in this protocol is not optimal?

If those two variables were not dialed in correctly for human scalp then it could explain their poor response.

Phase II is going to be an exploratory phase, much the same that Aderans went through. It has the potential to be a long time span. But, i sure as heck hope not.
  • 05-02-2012 11:44 AM
    eqvist
    Follicle Death Row!!!!!!!!!! MAY YOU PLEASE LEAVE THE REPLICEL THREAD!!!!!!!?
    There is a Replicel fail thread for you!
  • 05-02-2012 11:46 AM
    sausage
    Looks like I will be single forever, either that or I'll have to lump it with an overweight heffer with a hairy muff. Life sucks.
  • 05-02-2012 12:13 PM
    Supersixx
    Well well well. So bad news afterall....Feel bad for the guys in here that is loosing hope and feel insecure about their going bald. I've seen this coming a mile away and seen so many posters put so much hope and faith in Replicel only to be disappointed.
  • 05-02-2012 12:18 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eqvist View Post
    Follicle Death Row!!!!!!!!!! MAY YOU PLEASE LEAVE THE REPLICEL THREAD!!!!!!!?
    There is a Replicel fail thread for you!

There is? Ok cool. Thanks for the info. :D

But seriously, I'm just being a realist. The results are not good. You could easily have those sort of increases or decreases with seasonal sheds.
  • 05-02-2012 12:20 PM
    Supersixx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Looks like I will be single forever, either that or I'll have to lump it with an overweight heffer with a hairy muff. Life sucks.

Don't look at what you don't have but what you do have and make it work for you. Girls do it all the time. As for the overweight heffer with a hairy muff....kee in mind that men are outnumbered 6-1 and there are 7 billion people out there...another thing I've learned is that girls tend to like what we think they don't..cheer up.
  • 05-02-2012 12:23 PM
    Supersixx
    Also a sense of humor TRUMPS anything a person can offer.......

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM