• 12-20-2012 03:20 AM
    perrier
    Rogaine foam vs Kirkland foam
    Hi,

I've been Rogaine foam for the past 3 months and have been seeing positive results, however I'm on my last can of Rogaine foam and need to order a new batch. I can see the Kirkland foam is cheaper than Rogaine foam and I'm thinking of buying it instead. What will you advise me? Are there any differences in their behaviour (visibility, speed of drying out, etc) since the ingredients are the same? What is your experience in using it compared to the original?

Thanks!
  • 12-20-2012 01:43 PM
    dex89
    Quote:

Originally Posted by perrier View Post
    Hi,

I've been Rogaine foam for the past 3 months and have been seeing positive results, however I'm on my last can of Rogaine foam and need to order a new batch. I can see the Kirkland foam is cheaper than Rogaine foam and I'm thinking of buying it instead. What will you advise me? Are there any differences in their behaviour (visibility, speed of drying out, etc) since the ingredients are the same? What is your experience in using it compared to the original?

Thanks!

-foam will dry out withing 10 minutes.

-minoxidil will dry out within an hour or two.
  • 12-20-2012 03:45 PM
    perrier
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    -foam will dry out withing 10 minutes.

-minoxidil will dry out within an hour or two.

Sure but here we're talking about Rogaine foam vs Kirkland foam.
  • 12-20-2012 11:29 PM
    Spex
    I think the kirkland will be just as effective as the branded foam. :cool:
  • 12-21-2012 01:31 AM
    perrier
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    I think the kirkland will be just as effective as the branded foam. :cool:

I hope so, I already ordered a 3 months supply of kirkland's foam. :)

From what I was able to find, rogaine's patent just ran out and now other brands are able to produce it. Other people have reported no difference except for the kirkland being a little bit difficult to press. Some have said there are differences in texture, but from my experience with rogaine foam it's caused by temperature differences.

If anyone else can share their experience, please do.
  • 12-21-2012 05:30 AM
    ardana
    I use kirkland foam in the mornings when i have to go to work, only on the hairline.

It melts rapidly when it comes in contact with skin, dries very fast (less than 5 min) and mostly leaves a powdery white residue on the hair (which you can bat off with your hand easily). The dried foam that sticks to the hair also hardens and acts as some sort of a styling agent.

Personally, i think the foam isn't as effective as the liquid as most of it gets stuck in the hair, so what i do is i blowdry it until it reaches liquid form. It's a routine, i blowdry my hair in the mornings after i washed it and afterwards i blowdry the cup of kirkland foam to liquid form and suck it up with the applicator thingie from the liquid kirkland. The result is a fast drying alcohol based minoxidil which you can apply with precision to the scalp thanks to the applicator, and it leaves no residue at all. I do have a burning sensation on my scalp because of the alcohol.
  • 12-04-2013 09:01 AM
    JDW
    Looking to make some savings and jump over to the Kirkland brand, has anyone who has used it for some time got any comments about it compared to the Rogaine brand?

Spex you mention there is no difference in effectiveness? anyone got any comments, cheers people!
  • 12-04-2013 11:14 AM
    perrier
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JDW View Post
    Looking to make some savings and jump over to the Kirkland brand, has anyone who has used it for some time got any comments about it compared to the Rogaine brand?

Spex you mention there is no difference in effectiveness? anyone got any comments, cheers people!

I have been using kirkland since I first got the 3 bottles I mentioned above. It has been as effective as the original.
  • 12-04-2013 12:00 PM
    JDW
    Thats great, cheers.
    Going to get on this, effective and money saving, positives!
  • 12-04-2013 02:07 PM
    Widowmaker
    I have used Kirkland foam for a year or so. Recently, I saw the branded Rogaine foam for the same price online. I went with the Rogaine and noticed it seems to dry out my hair more than Kirkland. Not sure about the efficacy, but I plan on using Rogaine for a bit to see. I've been using minox for over 2 years so I don't expect to see a difference.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Benefits of Resveratrol for hair and health
05-05-2022 01:46 AM
Last Post By felixten
Yesterday 11:59 PM
1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM