• 07-23-2012 12:10 PM
    NeedHairASAP
    Prove Any Assumption Wrong, Prove Gho Wrong (to TracyC and others)
    1. During ANY type of hair transplant (FUE, FUT, HST), the thing that makes a follicle regenerate in the recipient area are the stemcells located at the bottom of a hair follicle (or at the bottom of a follicular unit).

Reasoning:
    When a FUE or FUT doctor removes the entire follicle for transplant in the recipient, there is regrowth in the recipient and not the donor. I have no citation for this, but we can all agree this is a fact.
    When doctors in this study transected follicles HORIZONTALLY, taking the top 1/3 and leaving the bottom 2/3 in the donor, they found to have VERY low growth in the recipient, and up to 85% regrowth in the donor. This leads us to believe that any type of "hair transplant" isn't actually a "hair transplants", but a stemcell transplant, specifically the stemcells around the base of follicles or follicular units. TRUE OR FALSE?

2. If you are able to somehow get some of the stemcells at the base out for recipient transplantation, while leaving some of those stemcells in the donor extraction point, then you could see regeneration in the recipient and the donor. Theoretically, you'd do this by VERTICAL transection of follicles or FUs. (<---guess who offers this)

Reasoning:
    Seeing as assumption #1 is DEFINITELY TRUE, then assumtion #2 is theoretically possible FOR SURE.... TRUE OR FALSE?
    okay, now that we agree it is possible in theory, you're ready for the big one: it was tested by an independent group of italian scientists and found to be POSSIBLE IN REAL LIFE! it was also studied and published by gho, and found to be true by him too.

NOW WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? THE ARGUMENT IS OVER. GHO WORKS. WAKE UP.

prove either of the above statements wrong, and you prove gho wrong. Unfortunately, you can't prove the above two statements wrong, because they are true. so... Tracy, if you want to use a lazer comb, go for it, but dont spread lies about the science behind Dr. Gho's technique.

PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY THREAD, SO NEW FORUM USERS DONT HAVE TO SEARCH FOR IT!
  • 07-23-2012 12:36 PM
    NeedHairASAP
    Please, anyone, step on up.

and again, i think this should be stickied to the top of the HT threads, the future treatments thread, and the Gho thread.
  • 07-24-2012 02:03 AM
    Maradona
    I'll step up. Imo it works undoubtedly but we don't have data of a large clinical study and how many times these cells can be harvested.

The HST may work less and less as you get more procedures and the hair may get thinner and thinner since the hair shaft diameter is proportional to the number of cells and types of cells being extracted.

The above doesn't even really matter because at the end you will get far more donor and enough donor hair and if the hairs are thinner then that's a plus because Gho could work his way from the back of your head to your hairline.

1. IMO. It's false. The reason for those italian doctors getting low regrowth compared to Gho's HST could be because those scientists were not really extracting all the types of cells needed for recipient regrowth.

The stem cells that you need are not all in the upper part of follicle's base. Cutting 1/3 horizontally probably doesn't get the "sides" of the base too often.

A FUE/FUT transplant is simply making sure you take out ALL of the stem cells needed for recipient growth. In other words, a head transplant.

2. Doing it vertically, makes sure you get ALL the stem cells needed for regrowth. sides and lower part of the follicle while leaving the same cells in your donor for regrowth. It's a no-miss strategy.

Funny when I started balding. I knew of transplants and I was relieved because I knew so little about it and I thought they already had this figured out and I would only need to get a hair transplant to fix my issue. Then I read it wasn't unlimited !

I thought "why not? You could pluck the hairs or just extract what's necessary ! We are in 2011 !"

I was so away from the world of baldness being a nw0 and having not much history of hairloss in my family.

Bottom line is:You Don't Need the Whole Follicle ! Simple as that !
  • 07-24-2012 05:22 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I'll step up. Imo it works undoubtedly but we don't have data of a large clinical study and how many times these cells can be harvested.

The HST may work less and less as you get more procedures and the hair may get thinner and thinner since the hair shaft diameter is proportional to the number of cells and types of cells being extracted.

The above doesn't even really matter because at the end you will get far more donor and enough donor hair and if the hairs are thinner then that's a plus because Gho could work his way from the back of your head to your hairline.

1. IMO. It's false. The reason for those italian doctors getting low regrowth compared to Gho's HST could be because those scientists were not really extracting all the types of cells needed for recipient regrowth.

The stem cells that you need are not all in the upper part of follicle's base. Cutting 1/3 horizontally probably doesn't get the "sides" of the base too often.

A FUE/FUT transplant is simply making sure you take out ALL of the stem cells needed for recipient growth. In other words, a head transplant.

2. Doing it vertically, makes sure you get ALL the stem cells needed for regrowth. sides and lower part of the follicle while leaving the same cells in your donor for regrowth. It's a no-miss strategy.

Funny when I started balding. I knew of transplants and I was relieved because I knew so little about it and I thought they already had this figured out and I would only need to get a hair transplant to fix my issue. Then I read it wasn't unlimited !

I thought "why not? You could pluck the hairs or just extract what's necessary ! We are in 2011 !"

I was so away from the world of baldness being a nw0 and having not much history of hairloss in my family.

Bottom line is:You Don't Need the Whole Follicle ! Simple as that !

So are you going to go to Gho?
  • 07-25-2012 12:14 AM
    Maradona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    So are you going to go to Gho?

I hope I never have to get any transplant at all but if I do need a transplant I will go to Gho. I don't really care about the hairline because I let my hair grow long like El Diego.
  • 07-25-2012 09:51 AM
    damielmillo
    Gerald Joling got his 3rd HST
    http://www.hasci.com/homepage.aspx

He had 1500+1650+1670 HST = 4820 HST + And old strip surgery (2000 grafts more ?? )
    And he still can get more HST !!
    This is a great new !!

http://www.shownieuws.tv/video/weer-...r-voor-gerard/
  • 07-25-2012 11:44 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by damielmillo View Post
    Gerald Joling got his 3rd HST
    http://www.hasci.com/homepage.aspx

He had 1500+1650+1670 HST = 4820 HST + And old strip surgery (2000 grafts more ?? )
    And he still can get more HST !!
    This is a great new !!

http://www.shownieuws.tv/video/weer-...r-voor-gerard/

How much donor does the average man have in total?
  • 07-25-2012 01:31 PM
    damielmillo
    I dont know, maybe btw 5000-6000 grafts?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM