My story and questions

Printable View

• 03-18-2010 04:44 AM
    blackout.blackout
    My story and questions
    Hey all Iam new to the forum I thought I would post my story upto now and my hopes for the next few months.
    Iam 24 nearly 25 I am not sure when I started to lose my hair I think about 22ish I have been taking propecia for about a year now prior to that because I had no knowledge I was using all sorts.
    my old man has always taunted me and my brothers about baldness I have 5 brothers 2 older then me 1 is 40 and he is bald and has the same hair colour as my pops the other is 30 and he has blonde hair like me and he has a full head of hair....the others cant apply right now cos they are 22 and under. my old man lost his hair apprently at 30 and Ive heard it went really quick I backed that up by looking at photos and I was shocked it was a fro :eek: I am told that the hair loss of my dad started at the temple and then just went madly.....mine although I aint bald I have it thinning is going from the crown......oh another note is my eldest brother had the same way.
    I work nights and sometimes I have got stressed with pressure and such but I dont know if this has anything to do with why Iam thinning.
    I was sceduled to have a proceedure under way from january but here might be a shock and ask how Iam still standing I was hit by a train when I was working no fault of my own but I had been off for months and my finances changes currently.....hopefully Iam at the final stages of my claim against the persons responsible for my accident and Iam going to haste a surgery.
    Iam excited about the proceedure and in no way am I ashamed to have it done I will upload some pictures soon as I can.

I have 2 questions hopefully I can have some responses please I would be thankful...ok here they are

1. I have a slight problem with the airport checks will they make me take my cap off once its done...they do it to me now and I hate it they can see my face whats the deal.

2. Iam due to get married in february next year in the carribean lets say Iam booked for june so thats say 7 months where roughly will I be at .... will that depend on my speedness or is everyone the same

Thanks for your time I appreciate it
  • 03-18-2010 04:25 PM
    PayDay
    You were hit by a train??? I’d love to hear that story!
    You will most likely be asked to take off your cap passing through the metal detectors at the airport. You should be on your way to some good growth after 7 months. Who are you having surgery with?
  • 03-18-2010 06:49 PM
    heynow1234
    HEy good luck on your battle! I too would like to here more about this train incident...:eek:
  • 03-19-2010 10:45 AM
    blackout.blackout
    I was indeed it was doing 30mph it clipped me and I fell on to smoothed rails where I walked through.... I work for the rail and I was given permission to walk to where I needed to to carry out my duties and boom it hit me, I fell luckily away from the train but I had to have months off and its caused delay in having my proceedure Iam on my final stages of my claim so Iam really hoping to be right on it.
    Iam going with Dr Rahal..... he has like many other docs on here have really good results the only reason why Iam going with him is just on the basis Ive never been to canada and I know I will be getting quality.....at the stage I contacted Dr Rahal I was quoted 2600 grafts...I uploaded a few pics and other then the fact Ive got pretty long hair the thinning hasnt got worse.
    thanks payday I appreciate your comments about the airport I suspected that much it just annoys me I can deal with that.... when I came back from america I didnt have to take it off coming home but when I got to passport control at heathrow they wanted me to remove my cap. I dont have no reservation about time with my hair regrowth my partner was curious....she says I have no problems with my hair and she is pretty baffled why Iam getting it done but she knows I need it to feel better for myself cant be understood for other people but the people on here Iam sure share my issue too.
    thanks for your replies heynow1234 and payday much appreciated
  • 03-19-2010 11:52 AM
    PayDay
    You were very lucky to escape that one alive! Dr. Rahal has a great reputation. I heard Spencer Kobren speaking highly of him a few weeks ago on his show and If I remember correctly I think one of Dr. Rahals patients called in to say he went with Dr. Rahl based on a statement Spencer made which is on Dr. Rahal’s website. The guy was very happy and very grateful so I am sure you’ll be very happy too. Good luck with your recovery, your hair transplant and your wedding.
  • 03-19-2010 12:43 PM
    clee984
    This is just a suggestion, but I think if you tell the airport dudes that you've just had head surgery (which is true), and are happy to remove your cap in private but that you'd rather keep it on in public, they might let you off.

And wow, that's amazing about your accident, best of luck with the wedding and everything, glad to hear you're getting yourself back on track.

(Sorry, that was just my little joke).
  • 03-19-2010 01:25 PM
    PayDay
    “Back on Track”, that’s classic!:)
    Good suggestion about the head surgery!
  • 03-19-2010 02:15 PM
    heynow1234
    Well you stood up to a freakin train and survived, so im pretty sure you can stand up to hairloss and kick its ass too:D
  • 03-19-2010 03:34 PM
    michaelt
    does anyone know how to post on here? and not only answering?
    thanks. Anyone had surgery with Dr. Feller in Ny? Great Neck. let me know i would really appreciate it.
  • 03-19-2010 04:09 PM
    morelocks
    blackout
    hi Blackout

7 months down the line i think you would have more or less reached your full growth. It matures a little after that but you wont notice much more after 7 months. I know guys on here say after 6 months you only see 50% but i have had four fue's and imp the major changes and most growth occur during month 3.5,4,5,6.

I had my first procudure 7-10months before i planned to get married but wasnt on propecia and it started getting worse. anyway hair loss and my attitude towards it pretty much messed up my life and my relationship.

If your planning on getting married 7 months after your procedure DO NOT take any risks after its done and make sure you follow your post op instructiosn to the T. Rest out there for 1 week, stay away from the sun etc etc

anyway good luck with it all, if the procedure goes to plan your hair will be in a brilliant condition in time for the wedding

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM