• 01-01-2012 02:53 PM
    Ramazan
    pls answer: does applying cause shed?
    I have noticed whenever I apply things like shampoo, oil or minox I notice some hairs in my hand. I don't shed normally (been on minox for 4 months) so my question is basically: is it normal to shed when applying stuff to your scalp? I haven't noticed any shed other than what I'm referring to. I even tried to rub my scalp to se if any hair fell out but didn't loose any..
  • 01-01-2012 03:09 PM
    Ramazan
    Or does rogaine just cause periodic shedding?
  • 01-01-2012 05:36 PM
    Tracy C
    Shedding is associated with every treatment for hair loss that actually works. Shedding is an indication that the treatment is working. The hairs in the damaged hair follicles need to shed out as the damaged hair follicles are being repaired. How much you will shed depends on how many damaged hair follciles you have. The more damaged hair follicles you have, the more you will shed. The less damaged hair follciles you have, the less you will shed. The shedding stops when those damaged hair follicles have returned to close to normal and start producing normal hair again.
  • 01-01-2012 07:16 PM
    goldbondmafia
    hey ramazan, check your profile, posted comment
  • 01-02-2012 06:37 AM
    Ramazan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Shedding is associated with every treatment for hair loss that actually works. Shedding is an indication that the treatment is working. The hairs in the damaged hair follicles need to shed out as the damaged hair follicles are being repaired. How much you will shed depends on how many damaged hair follciles you have. The more damaged hair follicles you have, the more you will shed. The less damaged hair follciles you have, the less you will shed. The shedding stops when those damaged hair follicles have returned to close to normal and start producing normal hair again.

It's just that i didn't seem to shed like this into my 2nd motn og rogaine, why now? Is the minox loosing it's effectiviness?
  • 01-02-2012 07:28 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramazan View Post
    Is the minox loosing it's effectiviness?

Probably not. It is more likely that this is just they way your body is responding to the medicine. You are still within the first four to six months, so this is not an indication of a problem. Talk to your doctor about it.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth